Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1986 WV Class A Title Game (Sistersville vs Tyler)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of the greatest state championship games in WV history was played 30 years ago this week. These two schools were 12 miles apart. For Sistersville, this was their 7th straight state, and final title game appearance. For Tyler County High School, it was their 2 title game in 4 years. It was a rematch of the 1983 title game which Tyler won 16-14. Both schools consolidated with each other 1n 1993.

To make what school?????
RAMDAD50 Wrote:To make what school?????

Tyler Consolidated High School
RAMDAD50 Wrote:To make what school?????

Tyler Consolidated High School. School opened in 1993 after both old Tyler High and Sistersville High were closed.
How did two schools so close together not meet in Playoffs prior to State Championship?
How has the consolidation worked out as far as on the field Football success?
kids03 Wrote:How did two schools so close together not meet in Playoffs prior to State Championship?
How has the consolidation worked out as far as on the field Football success?

Sistersville was ranked #1 and Tyler was ranked #2 in 1986. Tyler's only loss that year came to Sistersville.

Since the consolidation, the school has had little playoff success. Even moving down a class has not improved the situation. Two of the past three seasons have meant first round losses.
Who won the game and what was the final score? The video was bad and my feed was bad and I gave up.
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Who won the game and what was the final score? The video was bad and my feed was bad and I gave up.

Sistersville 8-7
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Sistersville 8-7

Thanks!
I've know these areas well! Magnolia was the powerhouse when I was around the area around like 2011. By the score this was 2 EXTREMELY strong Defensive teams! Woulda liked to have seen this one! Have a few buddies that graduated from Tyler during that time!