Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Engineers had a terrific season in 2016 finishing 9-3 and claiming their first ever district crown.

Engineers lose 7 seniors but return of the 1,000 yard rushers in Logan Beckler. Engineers also return running back Austin Salyer. Estill only loses 1 O-Linemen in Taylor O'Hair.

As far as scheduling goes, I know that neither Fleming County or Gallatin County are on their schedule. I have heard rumors that Bath County was added back to it. Not sure who the other 4 non-district teams will be.

Estill should have a very nice solid season again next year. Possibly another district crown.
If they don't start playing quality teams, they will never make any noise in playoffs
Technically they did play a few quality teams this season...Fleming County, LCA, Frankfort (even tho they didn't do well they still had good athletes)
I watched Estill play Gallatin this year at homecoming. Honestly they don't have the athletes or the horses to really compete in 3A. Not a bad ball club overall though the 9-3 record is mostly because the schedule is was pretty weak.

Can't remember his name but they had a running back who was a do it all for them. He was a freak and was good enough to play anywhere.
They had a fine season and I hope they continue to have success in the future!
teampaul Wrote:I watched Estill play Gallatin this year at homecoming. Honestly they don't have the athletes or the horses to really compete in 3A. Not a bad ball club overall though the 9-3 record is mostly because the schedule is was pretty weak.

Can't remember his name but they had a running back who was a do it all for them. He was a freak and was good enough to play anywhere.

Yes, Estill's schedule was extremely weak outside of LCA and Fleming. The real question is what would Powell have done with Estill's schedule and Estill with Powell's?
^ Everyone outside of West Carter, Lawrence County, Lewis County and Fleming, Frankfort, Gallatin and Berea and Jackson County they played every team.

Frankfort, Fleming would beat Powell.

Powell would beat Berea.

Let's look at the common opponents; District Teams, Casey County and LCA

Powell County (3-4) Casey County (H 37-0, A 48-12 Both L's),@ LCA (60-18
L), Morgan (46-18 W), @ Breathitt (40-34 L, late TD Pass), @ Knott Central (70-50 W), @ Magoffin County (52-38 W)

Estill County (4-2); vs. Casey County (49-21 L), vs. Breathitt (28-22 W, Estill was up 28-14 late before Breathitt scored again), @ Morgan County (48-8 W), Knott Central (46-6 W), Magoffin County (48-14 W), @ LCA (55-22 L)

Don't get me wrong. Powell County always has players that can play and they usually put quality teams that can beat anyone on any given Friday and yes I do root for the Pirates except when they aren't playing Estill
FOOTBALLDICTIONARY Wrote:Yes, Estill's schedule was extremely weak outside of LCA and Fleming. The real question is what would Powell have done with Estill's schedule and Estill with Powell's?

How is the the real question Dictionary? My guess is Powell would lose more than Estill judging by their head to head game..Which was at Powell BTW.. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a 3 score game in Estill's favor. Not much to debate here, bud! :dontthink
I have heard that Estill will be having an entirely new schedule in 17-18. No LCA, Berea, Fleming, Gallatin or Frankfort.

I've heard Bath is on it....Powell is @ Estill on Oct. 6....Estill is @ Magoffin Oct. 13
Strikeout King Wrote:I have heard that Estill will be having an entirely new schedule in 17-18. No LCA, Berea, Fleming, Gallatin or Frankfort.

I've heard Bath is on it....Powell is @ Estill on Oct. 6....Estill is @ Magoffin Oct. 13

That's a full on revamp. Who else is coming on?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:That's a full on revamp. Who else is coming on?

Don't know other than Bath....Heard Estill had their schedule finished until about 2 weeks ago when they had to re-do it.
any news on the schedule front?
Strikeout King Wrote:Don't know other than Bath....Heard Estill had their schedule finished until about 2 weeks ago when they had to re-do it.

Had to redo it?
Heard through the grapevine that Estill also picked up Western Hills. So as of now, the non-district includes, Western Hills, Bath County and LCA (which is @ LCA)
Here's the schedule. Step up from past couple of seasons...

8/18 vs. Paintsville 7:30 PM
8/25 @ Western Hills 7:30 PM
9/8 vs. Boyd County 7:30 PM
9/15 vs. Bath County 7:30 PM
9/22 @ Magoffin County 7:30 PM
9/29 @ Breathitt County 7:30 PM
10/6 vs. Powell County 7:30 PM
10/13 vs. Morgan County 7:30 PM
10/20 @ Knott Central 7:30 PM
10/27 @ LCA 7:30 PM
Estill is stepping up the schedule a bit. I agree with this call. May not have as many wins this coming year, but will be a better team from the better competition.
jumpshooter Wrote:Estill is stepping up the schedule a bit. I agree with this call. May not have as many wins this coming year, but will be a better team from the better competition.

Good competition should always be welcomed to make a team better. The catch is everyone has to be on board. Louisville Central can start the season 0-5 and still play in the title game because that's what they do. The culture supports it. Estill may start the season 4-0 and rolling into the district....but what if it's 0-4? Will they be mentally ready for district play? The culture has to be in place to support both possibilities. I honestly think they go 5-5 or 6-4 and sweep their district.
good schedule for estill