Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New 15th Rankings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's everyone's opinion on ranking the 15th? I don't have extensive rankings but I do know that Valley, Belfry, and Prestonsburg should be the top 3 teams (in that order) in the region at this point in the season... it also looks like to me that Betsy Layne has gotten hot again.
Well with Belfry losing tonight, I'd have to go like this.

1.) Valley
2.) Prestonsburg
3.) Johnson Central
4.) Belfry
5.) Pike Central
6.) South Floyd
7.) Paintsville
8.) Betsy Layne
9.) East Ridge
10.) Pikeville
11.) Sheldon Clark
12.) Phelps
13.) Magoffin Co.
14.) Allen Central

There's a few that could go either way, but I think the top 4 are set in stone.
BC4L those picks look good to me
East Ridge is atleast better than Betsy Layne and Pike Central.
Two things are for sure: 1. Its tournament time and east Ridge going to get all the breaks from the officials 2. They are NOT better than Pike Central.
"greenfrog" Wrote:Two things are for sure: 1. Its tournament time and east Ridge going to get all the breaks from the officials 2. They are NOT better than Pike Central.

We will be watching all Pike Central/East Ridge Threads very carefully.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Well with Belfry losing tonight, I'd have to go like this.

1.) Valley
2.) Prestonsburg
3.) Johnson Central
4.) Belfry
5.) Pike Central
6.) South Floyd
7.) Paintsville
8.) Betsy Layne
9.) East Ridge
10.) Pikeville
11.) Sheldon Clark
12.) Phelps
13.) Magoffin Co.
14.) Allen Central

There's a few that could go either way, but I think the top 4 are set in stone.

Paintsville at #7, come on man. I know you seen them play lastnight and you weren't very impressed, but that was one of their worst showings all year, they weren't hitting anything after about 4-5 minutes into the 1st quarter, they weren't going after rebounds like they usually do, it was just a bad night all around. There is no way Johnson Central is ahead of them if you are gonna put them at #7, they have beat JC TWICE. If Paintsville wins the district like they should, I'll bet the farm you will see them playing in the region championship. If they don't, you can rub it in and make me like it bcf4l, :wink: , it was good seein ya again by the way, we gonna have to get together one weekend all of us like the good ole days.
Prestonsburg is for sure the #2 team now...They are really playing some good basketball...
No way....

(Edited for Content)

Language/Attitude Rules

Debating is allowed. However, you must only debate. No arguing. Respect others opinions for what they are! OPINIONS!
Based on actual Stats & Records, Here is an UNBIASED top 15

1.) Shelby Valley ............(21-5)

2.) Johnson Central..........(16-8]

3.) Belfry.........................(15-7)

4.) Betsy Layne...............(15-9)

6.) East Ridge.................(15-9)

7.) Pike Central...............(15-10)

8.) Phelps.......................(14-9)

9.) Prestonsburg..............(14-9)

10.) South Floyd..............(14-13)

11.) Painstville.................(12-13)

12.) Pikeville....................(8-18]

13.) Sheldon Clark............(6-17)

14.) Magoffin County.........(4-20)

15.) Allen Central..............(3-21)
"greenfrog" Wrote:Two things are for sure: 1. Its tournament time and east Ridge going to get all the breaks from the officials 2. They are NOT better than Pike Central.

I'll say that they may be evenly matched, but PCC isn't better.
I think Johnson Central is better then Prestonsburg. Ive seen both teams play in tough games this year, and watched Paintsville play both of them. If paintsville played as bad as they did last night against the blackcats against JC...i would have to say that JC would have crushed paintsville.

My top 5 for the region are:

1. Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Prestonsburg
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
"Waterbug06" Wrote:Who the hell do you freakin think you are saying that they are a number two team for sure. No way in hell they are.

Personal attacks do not belong on open forum
1.Valley
2.Pburg
3.JC
4.Belfry
5.ER

in my humble opinion yes er is better then pc. I mean er beat them earlier in the year and that was before central had all of those players quit.
I think waterbug is mad because Paintsville got beat by P-burg last night after he said no way will P-burg win. P-burg is the number 2 team in this region. Especially after the way they have been playing as of late winning I think 7 in a row, and 8 of their last 9. Pretty impressive.
You just let me know the time and place Bill Don and we will. And sure, I'll rub it in your face and make you like it. I'm going to keep this thread in my closely watched threads cuz I'm going to remember to rub it in. :lol:
Top 5 in no particular order
Shelby Valley
P-burg
South Floyd
Betsy Layne
Johnson Central
personaly i do not think ER is better than PC and that isnt a biased opinon we all know that PC lost to Er earlier on in the season and we all know its about impossible to go to ER and win PC has also improved and i do not think the loss of slone nor Varney has hurt them much it has only in depth.

here are mine
1.Valley- Of course the Fav need to play more like a team.

2.P-Burg- Very talented team and will b looked highly upon.

3.JC- Havent played up to potential but pulled a big one over Belfry.

4.Belfry- Very good team just need a coach IMO

5.PC- Their good not playing to full Potential but are ALWAYS tough
come tourny time.

6.ER- Good but idk about them AB plays good they do to he doesnt they look like crap

7.SF- Havent showed anything since the all A

8.BL- They realy havent showed much and i know ur going to say they beat PC.

9.Paintsville- To young but that MO

10. Phelps- best team they have had in a while

11. Pikeville- Disapointing season may get it together dont c it happening

12. SC- Physical team may make some heads turn

13. Goffin- Are always tough during tourny

14. Ac-Disappointing season may b hiring a new coach after this season
BCF4L - I have to disagree that P'burg is the second best. The record ans stats speak for themselves.

15th - Belfry has the Coach they should have had years ago after RJ left for Pikeville College. Last year's coach was horrible.
Sorry for that remark, I was just a little mad at the way they played last night. Not because they lost to P'burg. P'burg is a good team. I am just mad at the way they played, thats all.
1: Valley
2: Belfry or JC
3: ER, Prestonsburg, OR PCC

Heres my ranking's by what ive seen play which is every team in the 15th. Valley is truely in a league or their own right now.
Mario,

PCC nor ER is #3. If P-burg is not 2nd then they definitely have 3rd all to themselves. ER is not impressive at all this year. PCC is struggling, at best. Don't consider them a top 5 team either.

BP,
P-burg's record may not be that good, but when looking at regional teams, P-burg has lost to SF, SV, JC, and Sheldon Clark, which was a fluke game. JC came right down to the wire, but JC has slacked off somewhat. The game Friday will prove who the #2 team in the region is. BTW, has Valley played anyone lately? Haven't heard anything from them except the Piarist game.
Paintsville swept the 57th District in the regular season, beat JC twice, Sheldon Clark twice, and Magoffin twice, they beat ER about a month -month and a half ago too, just cause they had a bad game and lost to a very good (when they want to be) Prestonsburg team Tuesday night doesn't mean they aren't a top 5 team.

1. SV
2. Pburg
3. Pville
4. JC
5. Belfry
hey BD that is Painstville right lol

BP i still think they could get abetter one but thats just MO
BL has gotten hot and have rolled a couple of games off look for them to make a return for the region this year.
They may make a return to the region, but will make an early exit out of it. LOL
They're gonna go farther than you think they are playing really good ball right now and they are a team to watch out for because they could sattle a couple of teams with an upset.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:hey BD that is Painstville right lol

BP i still think they could get abetter one but thats just MO

Yeah, that stands for Paintsville.
SV hands down they had an impressive win against Piarst..........AND the best practice player in the region NP had two dunks.........They were unbelievable he dunked one with TWO HANDS!............Watch out Lebron NP will be out dunking you next year........ :lol:
"bestever" Wrote:SV hands down they had an impressive win against Piarst..........AND the best practice player in the region NP had two dunks.........They were unbelievable he dunked one with TWO HANDS!............Watch out Lebron NP will be out dunking you next year........ :lol:

DONT SAY THAT TYPE OF STUFF ALFUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol Bestever i thought it was pretty funny haha
its so easy to piss alfus off
Pages: 1 2