Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #2 Kentucky 69 #13 Michigan State 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK lays the SmackethDown on Sparty in the Champions Classic.

Derek Willis made ZERO 3 pointers, but Monk went 7-11 from behind the arc.

THIS TEAM IS GOING TO BE FAST with lots & lots of Lobs and run-outs.

And come next week, if we beat Duquense on Saturday, UK will be ranked #1 in the nation..... because dUKe got beat by Kansas and Bill Self's hair piece.
Overall, the CATS looked pretty good, but we have a long way to go in a lot of areas. Other than Monk, the rest of the team was 0-10 from three point range. If we are going to make a run at a championship, we need other guys to step up and make some outside shots. Willis looked lost last night, and outside of fifteen feet, Fox isn't shooting with confidence. Also, Bam is struggling to stay on the floor due to foul trouble. He also needs to improve his back to the basket game. In time, I think Bam will be "the man", but he has a lot of work to do on both ends of the floor. Gabriel has been solid and he has the most upside of any of our freshman. Humphries has improved, but I think he was trying too hard last night. He never looked comfortable on the offensive end. Defensively he is playing better and he is using his big body to clog up the lane and rebound. On the flip side, if Monk can consistently keep hitting jump shots, he will be a top five pick in the draft. Fox is getting better with each passing game, he just needs to understand when to turn it on and turn it off. If Fox can keep the defense honest by being able to knock down some three's, his game will go to another level and so will UK's. Briscoe is solid, you can count on him to give you fifteen a game. He is so crafty and he is able to control his body well through contact. His free throw shooting and jump shot has improved, especially from fifteen feet. He still needs to work on his three point shot, but he is "night and day" better than last year. All and all, I was impressed with UK's defense. They are long, athletic, and fast. Also, this teams best offense will be their defense and getting easy points on fast breaks. At the end of the day, UK is a top four team and by years end, they very well could be the favorites to cut down the nets.
All I have to say is MALIK MONK!!! TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
I like this post; very interesting.

Cat Daddy Wrote:Overall, the CATS looked pretty good, but we have a long way to go in a lot of areas. Other than Monk, the rest of the team was 0-10 from three point range. If we are going to make a run at a championship, we need other guys to step up and make some outside shots. Willis looked lost last night, and outside of fifteen feet, Fox isn't shooting with confidence.
I agree, but I think Willis may have just had a bad game. Dunno...we'll find out soon.

Also, Bam is struggling to stay on the floor due to foul trouble. He also needs to improve his back to the basket game. In time, I think Bam will be "the man", but he has a lot of work to do on both ends of the floor.
I love Bam!! He has the kind of assertion that you just can't teach. He does need to improve his back to the basket game, but with his apparent work ethic, he can and will do that.

Gabriel has been solid and he has the most upside of any of our freshman.
I don't like Gabriel. Hopefully, he will change my mind as the season progresses.

Humphries has improved, but I think he was trying too hard last night. He never looked comfortable on the offensive end. Defensively he is playing better and he is using his big body to clog up the lane and rebound. On the flip side, if Monk can consistently keep hitting jump shots, he will be a top five pick in the draft.
Agreed!

Fox is getting better with each passing game, he just needs to understand when to turn it on and turn it off. If Fox can keep the defense honest by being able to knock down some three's, his game will go to another level and so will UK's.
He would be the hardest one for me to coach. You want to contain and control him, without breaking his spirit and his floor mind. LOL Love this kid, and hope he is a wonderful success story!

Briscoe is solid, you can count on him to give you fifteen a game. He is so crafty and he is able to control his body well through contact. His free throw shooting and jump shot has improved, especially from fifteen feet. He still needs to work on his three point shot, but he is "night and day" better than last year.
He reminds me of Cobb! He's the garbage man of the floor. That's my favorite position!! LOL

All and all, I was impressed with UK's defense. They are long, athletic, and fast. Also, this teams best offense will be their defense and getting easy points on fast breaks. At the end of the day, UK is a top four team and by years end, they very well could be the favorites to cut down the nets.

They are also so much fun to watch!!