Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trump 60 minute interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/do...iew-946920

Wow! Again, credit to Hoot! If McConnell is right about coal, Trump is right about gay marriage and roe v wade.

Interesting times.
I've been saying it since it happened....gay marriage getting passed by SCOTUS was the best thing possible for the GOP.
The dems now can't fire up the gays about it and the GOP can just say that it's the law and their is no sense in talking about it.
excellent point! How about Roe V. Wade? How about coal?
mr.fundamental Wrote:excellent point! How about Roe V. Wade? How about coal?

I thought I heard PE Trump suggest that he hoped to appoint a justice that would lead to the SCOTUS returning abortion question to the states, and that coal was back on the agenda as an important energy source.
Look at what Mitch said about Coal on Friday... under interesting read in other link...the 14th amendment trumps... get it... 10th amendment... or seems to in a lot of those cases
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I thought I heard PE Trump suggest that he hoped to appoint a justice that would lead to the SCOTUS returning abortion question to the states, and that coal was back on the agenda as an important energy source.

Not quite. Trump said he was pro-life and would request to appoint someone who was also pro-life. When asked if he would want to repeal R v W, he never really answered directly. He did say that if it ever was repealed, the abortion question would revert back to state level.
Ok, so basically if you take away everything the republican party has said, the only vote left was anti-Hillary vote. My serious question, if the Democratic party puts up a quality candidate do you believe that Eastern Kentucky could go democratic, assuming that Mitch was right, Abortion is still around, and gay rights?
I think it would depend on the candidate's platform. MY vote was anti-Hillary.

I don't know, but I believe most of the political concerns in SE Kentucky is concerned with jobs. We've had a lot of people to had to move out of the area because of lost jobs. And coming on the heels of the promise made by both Hillary and Obama to put the coal industries out of business, it still stings the people who used to be, and is still here.

I don't know; this is just my opinion. TRT, Sombrero, Hoot and Seger are your big political minds here. Ask them. I'd like to hear their opinions, too.
Thanks for sharing! It will be interesting to see how the next two years in Frankfort as well as Washington go! I hope for the very best for our state and nation. We will see.