Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Class 4A Elite 8 11/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Franklin Simpson
2 Johnson Central
3 South Warren
4 Wayne Co
5 Shelby Co
6 John Hardin
7 Ashland
8 Mercer Co
Top 3 have some separation from the rest of the class.
1 Franklin Simpson
2 Johnson Central
3. Shelby/S. Warren
5. J. Hardin
6 Wayne
7 Mercer
8 Ashland
Tommy2tone Wrote:1 Franklin Simpson
2 Johnson Central
3. Shelby/S. Warren
5. J. Hardin
6 Wayne
7 Mercer
8 Ashland

This is it.
Last week there were a bunch of people hollering that Rockcastle and Wayne were the only two teams that could knock JC off. The Rock got beat by Mercer. Is Mercer that good or did the Rock not play very well?
1 SW
2 FS
3 JC
4 Shelby co
then the rest
i told everyone when SW gets healthy and gets Ford and Jackson watch out .
Hoptown is better than FS .More athletes better schemes.I think anyone who watched both games will tell you that.FS little bigger but not by much and there bigs aren't close to as quick as Hoptowns bigs.FS a little more Discipline.
Wow, "their back"
I also said if SW beat Hoptown look out.
FS is the better team and will win the game.
Are you trying to convince me or you?
Packer11 Wrote:Are you trying to convince me or you?

Just telling it like I see it.
The BGR 4A rankings have become a joke. Regardless of who wins the title, Johnson Central has played a much stronger schedule than any of the remaining teams. The Golden Eagles lost to Belfry in a game that easily could have gone the other way, in which they piled up over 400 yards against one of the top 10 teams in the state, while holding Belfry to under 200 yards total offense. If strength of schedule and records are meaningless, then why waste your time ranking teams?

At this point in the season, computer rankings are pretty accurate and most personal bias is missing. If you are ranking teams radically different than the computer rankings at the end of the season, then you are doing something wrong. None of the other 4A teams have wins against better teams than Capital and Lexington Catholic and none have been as impressive in a loss than JC was against Belfry.

The 4A rankings for Litkenhouse, Calpreps, USA Today, and Cantrell rankings all have JC ranked first in 4A. Are any of the members still participating in the BGR rankings not from western Kentucky? Because the rankings suggest a strong regional bias, at least among the 4A voters.
Who knows about WVa football. We will take your word for it. Lex Catholic is not team of old. Franklin Simpson 1 till they get beat. in my book they have been 1since preseason.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Who knows about WVa football. We will take your word for it. Lex Catholic is not team of old. Franklin Simpson 1 till they get beat. in my book they have been 1since preseason.
Do you vote?
No but not afraid to give a ranking each week on what MO is.
Yes let be JC is #1! they were last year most of the year and the folks from the mountains maintained they were #1 right up until SW ripped them a new one So keep on believing let play tell the story.
Packer11 Wrote:Yes let be JC is #1! they were last year most of the year and the folks from the mountains maintained they were #1 right up until SW ripped them a new one So keep on believing let play tell the story.

Oh play will tell. That we don't have to Don't worry about! When JC lights up Franklin Simpson in BG!
Tommy2tone Wrote:No but not afraid to give a ranking each week on what MO is.
FYI, Lexington Catholic jumped out to a 28-0 lead over Saint X the week before Johnson Central beat the Knights easily.

Cal Preps ranks Lexington Catholic #22 in the state, one place below Franklin-Simpson. Of Lexington Catholic's five losses, four were to teams ranked above FS. This is not Lexington Catholic's best team ever, but the Knights are better than any team Franklin-Simpson has faced this season. Capital and Belfry are both better than Lexington Catholic.

Franklin-Simpson, a team that lost two games to SW last seasons by a combined score of 61-7, is not the only team in the state that has improved over last year. Johnson Central beefed up its schedule and may have its best team ever this season. I hope both Johnson Central and Franklin-Simpson make it to BG and settle the question of which team is #1 on the field.
The balance of 4a takes a huge change in direction after Friday.
Redneck Wrote:Last week there were a bunch of people hollering that Rockcastle and Wayne were the only two teams that could knock JC off. The Rock got beat by Mercer. Is Mercer that good or did the Rock not play very well?
Injuries early in the game and some bad breaks played a role. QB was unable to run or pass very effectively, That being said Mercer is better than a lot of people thought and certainly better than they were in their first game with Wayne.
Packer11 Wrote:The balance of 4a takes a huge change in direction after Friday.
Prophetic words. Probably not in the way you had hoped, but you were right.
He was right!