Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central @ Lexington Catholic 11/18/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions :popcorn:

Central 7-5
Lexington Catholic 7-5

Central losses.

DuPont Manual 21-20
Corbin 20-14
St. Xavier 51-7
Christian Academy Louisville 44-14
PRP 42-3

Lexington Catholic losses

St. Xavier 42-28
Johnson Central 54-27
Covington Catholic 21-20
Madison Central 27-14
Cooper 38-20

:worthy: :popcorn: :worthy:
Be great to see Central win so the group of Belfry seniors could play them one more time.
Central.

I'm with proud44pirate.... a Central vs. Belfry state finals would be a fitting end for both senior classes.
Neither one can beat Belfry
Lexington Catholic will win by 21 pointd.
There's not a lot of Lex Cath fans on this forum to speak or defend on their behalf, but lets just think of the common opponent that these program played this season. Bardstown had a great season with awesome athletes on their roster. They Played Central hard and only losing to them 21-19. On the other hand, that 10-1 record and all those great athletes that Bardstown brought going into the Lex Cath.... The Knights played well to a 53-14 win. I am not saying the result with Central will be the same, both programs will be jacked and ready. Hoping for a great and an injury free game.
FBfan4life Wrote:There's not a lot of Lex Cath fans on this forum to speak or defend on their behalf, but lets just think of the common opponent that these program played this season. Bardstown had a great season with awesome athletes on their roster. They Played Central hard and only losing to them 21-19. On the other hand, that 10-1 record and all those great athletes that Bardstown brought going into the Lex Cath.... The Knights played well to a 53-14 win. I am not saying the result with Central will be the same, both programs will be jacked and ready. Hoping for a great and an injury free game.

Technically they share more common opponents than just Bardstown

St. X: LexCath Lost By 14, Central lost by 44
Bardstown: LexCath beat by 29, Central beat by 2
Garrard County: LexCath beat by 32, Central beat by 22
Boyle County: LexCath beat by 31, Central beat by 31

The St. X game I think you can throw out because LexCath did not play X at full strength (No Ridder at QB) and that was a game that Catholic led big before X ended the game scoring 42 unanswered.

Both teams dominated a turnover prone Boyle County..

That leaves the Bardstown and Garrard games as the best comparisons. Bardstown fans insist they had an off night, but I think a lot of that has more to do with LexCath.

The Garrard game was somewhat similar for both but Garrard definitely put up much more of fight against Central.

Entering this one I am just getting the sense LexCath is at a minimum a 12 point favorite.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Technically they share more common opponents than just Bardstown

St. X: LexCath Lost By 14, Central lost by 44
Bardstown: LexCath beat by 29, Central beat by 2
Garrard County: LexCath beat by 32, Central beat by 22
Boyle County: LexCath beat by 31, Central beat by 31

The St. X game I think you can throw out because LexCath did not play X at full strength (No Ridder at QB) and that was a game that Catholic led big before X ended the game scoring 42 unanswered.

Both teams dominated a turnover prone Boyle County..

That leaves the Bardstown and Garrard games as the best comparisons. Bardstown fans insist they had an off night, but I think a lot of that has more to do with LexCath.

The Garrard game was somewhat similar for both but Garrard definitely put up much more of fight against Central.

Entering this one I am just getting the sense LexCath is at a minimum a 12 point favorite.

Agree, I just didn't mentioned those other games because it was early in the season.
Going to pick central....I liked picking underdogs. :pondering:

Central 35
Lexington Catholic 34
This may be the game of the week regardless of class. I'll take Central 28-24.
Lexington Catholic comfortably.
Knights by a TD!
looks like central cleaned up

30-7 over catholic