Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike county central 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought?
I'm pretty sure we return a bunch i'm not for sure. But it might be a pretty good year next season.
Certainly, the 2017 Hawks will be a very senior heavy team.

I've already seen the 2017/18 schedule and while it's not filled with cupcakes, it is a little bit easier than it has been in recent seasons. (I'm sorry but I can't release any schedule information at this time.)

It will be interesting to see what Coach Ratliff does with a full off-season with these kids, I definitely feel that the kids need to hit the weight room hard, they need to work on their speed & agility training all winter & spring.

My biggest concern coming into next season is the offensive line...losing 4 out of 5 starting offensive linemen is certainly going to sting quite a bit. But I have faith in our coaching staff to find those quality replacements.

Overall, my very extreme early prediction for next season is we will have improvement.
Im already for next year just ready to start weights.
I wish it was already season time again.
Ratliff will show improvement in year two... but with all that Lawrence returns I am thinking a 3 seed is in the works for the Hawks. Might be able to get a First Round win though on the road as the opposite district doesn't look too scary next year.
Do they go against same district this year as well?
Hawk101 Wrote:Do they go against same district this year as well?

District 5, yes.

The next cycle begins in 2018 I do believe.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ratliff will show improvement in year two... but with all that Lawrence returns I am thinking a 3 seed is in the works for the Hawks. Might be able to get a First Round win though on the road as the opposite district doesn't look too scary next year.

The opposing district will be between Russell and Fleming County again. Russell is always solid and Fleming County returns the bulk of their starters (that will be 3 year starters next year). I think they will both be pretty tough outs next year.
thecoacher Wrote:The opposing district will be between Russell and Fleming County again. Russell is always solid and Fleming County returns the bulk of their starters (that will be 3 year starters next year). I think they will both be pretty tough outs next year.

I think both Russell and Fleming will see improvement....but IMO, neither will be able to seriously threaten a Belfry vs. Corbin Rematch in the Semi's.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I think both Russell and Fleming will see improvement....but IMO, neither will be able to seriously threaten a Belfry vs. Corbin Rematch in the Semi's.

I don't disagree with that. Belfry was just on a completely different level this year. They might drop off some next year and some others in their district/region might improve some but I don't know if it will be enough either way to make these games competitive.
thecoacher Wrote:I don't disagree with that. Belfry was just on a completely different level this year. They might drop off some next year and some others in their district/region might improve some but I don't know if it will be enough either way to make these games competitive.

I think Russell looks to be improving at a decent clip. Honestly, not sure what Fleming has coming up in their underclassmen to provide a fair assessment. I know they were overwhelmed in the playoffs....but most teams were. Fleming seems to be well coached. They definitely have some good kids returning...so I would expect a snobbler knocker of a district fight between them and Russell.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I think Russell looks to be improving at a decent clip. Honestly, not sure what Fleming has coming up in their underclassmen to provide a fair assessment. I know they were overwhelmed in the playoffs....but most teams were. Fleming seems to be well coached. They definitely have some good kids returning...so I would expect a snobbler knocker of a district fight between them and Russell.

Fleming has their QB and his two best receivers back
Should be a good year fleming an russell next year
You all is pike central going to be playing next season
I have no idea, i think bell co. Stay on an pikeville idk forsure.
2017 Schedule.

[Image: 25sphlz.png]
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:2017 Schedule.

[Image: 25sphlz.png]

I know nothing about the 2 out of state teams but the 8 in state I see 4-4 possible. Couple could go either way. #2 or #3 in the district unless FC comes out ready to play in year 1.
Any chance we see Ratliffe bring back his Wing T Power game from SV?
Don't look to bad.
I made a mistake on the schedule.

The Perry County Central is actually a home game for us.
How is spring practice looking?
I will be at the Pike County bowl again and really hope to see a P.C.C. win.

Would be so much better if they could a team out of the county, in the Pike County Bowl.