Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield @ Owensboro Catholic 11-18-16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This may be my favorite Mayfield team yet. I feel better about their chances than I normally do. Hope that ain't a bad thing, cause 2011 I didn't see them losing either.
Definitely got to avoid the injury bug. It killed a very good 2011 team.
As a defensive guy, i love watching the linebackers for Mayfield this year. They might not have the athleticism as the Jackson duo from a few years ago, but they hit just as hard. Coach Dew has coached them up to where they shoot gaps without having a blitz called. When the helmets start to roll, you know the other team has entered the woodshed. Someone who has come onto the scene is Brady Smith. I think this kid will be big fro us down the road. Good size, strong, quick, smart, and a nose for the ball.
You missed something CS. I'm surprised with your defensive mindset. The other end Q. The coaching staff says he is the fastest DE we ever had. That include Labront Scott. He is supposedly faster than our backs. He too is just a Soph.
Mayfield 39 Owensboro Cath 17
mysonis55 Wrote:You missed something CS. I'm surprised with your defensive mindset. The other end Q. The coaching staff says he is the fastest DE we ever had. That include Labront Scott. He is supposedly faster than our backs. He too is just a Soph.

Going into the year, i had already laid eyes on Q, he was turning heads when I watched practice some this summer... his success wasn't much of a surprise. I should have clarified when talking about Smith.He has been a pleasant surprise this year. I didn't know if he was even going to get some playing time.Now I believe that he and Q will be studs for us the next couple of years on the D-Line. I have been impressed with the entire Defensive front seven... even the guys on the D-Line that rotate in for a few plays have been impressive. Dew and Champ, have done a very good job with this bunch.
They do a great job. Mine would move in with Coach Dew if he could. The boys really love Coach Dew and Coach Champion.
Mayfield moving to 2A was a nightmare waiting to happen for some teams who hardly ever played Mayfield, Now Owensboro Catholic and DeSales and other teams from the west have to worry about getting past Mayfield every year. I think Mayfield wins this one 34 to 17.
Weather might play a factor in this one. Forecast is calling for rain. What team benefits most (IF its a chilly and rainy night)?
Keep in mind Steele Stadium is turf, I dont think it will have much of a factor
Even with turf, wind and rain cause problems...
Well, I know at least 1 team has a lot of experience at playing in cold and even in rain.
Yeah the packers has a lot of experience playing in bad weather.
Mayfield by 20
Can't be as bad as the weather Mayfield played in 2013 at Bowling Green.
E's Army Wrote:Can't be as bad as the weather Mayfield played in 2013 at Bowling Green.

My skin was purple after the game when we got back to the locker room... but we seemed to handle the weather pretty well that game
My little one said that was the coldest he had ever been. Hard to believe how long ago that was.
When rain turns to sleet with some wind, there was a group huddled by the heater on the sideline
one thing i admire about OC is the way their student section got behind their team last year and made alot of noise.Atmosphere was electric last year in Mayfield and was a really good game just glad our Cards came out on top.
Yep. He was one of the ones around the heater. He did finally get in though.
I expect it to be just as electric tonight until we take them out of it.
Mayfield 41 OCath 14
last i heard it was Mayfield 28 - OC - 6 in the 4th q
Pages: 1 2