Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Casey County 49 Estill County 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All Rebels in this one.
Called it.
Congrats to Casey.
The Engineers had an amazing season this year! Just ran up against a team playing on another level this year.
Casey fan/staff here. I want to congratulate Estill on a good season, and want to congratulate them on a hard fought game. Some may say we (Casey) won this handily, or even easily, and that isn't true. What gained my respect the most, was how hard the Estill kids fought. They had small lineman that would just lay into blocks with every ounce of what they have. Running backs that never stopped driving their legs. Coaches had a pretty good gameplan, caught us off guard with a few well timed passes. Some of those delayed handoffs mixed in with the toss stuff, really nice. I thought Estill done a great job of setting the edge against maybe our toughest outside linebacker (also our QB) and blocked him better than anyone I've seen. I want to say, to the fans who I know were upset after Casey had an end of game chant, I apologize if that upset anyone. I personally didn't love it but that's just me. I saw a good group, that reminded me of ourselves, having a good year and having it end on your home field. You have all the respect I can give. I also want to thank the guys in your press box, friendliest folks ever. We had food up there, good conversation, etc.. Just good folks. Also Estill's players played about the cleanest (no dirty stuff) game of any team we've played. Powell played us clean as well. We've encountered a few "dirty" teams this year, Estill and Powell weren't in that group. Prayers for any players graduating and possibly going on to play at the next level, or just with adulthood, careers in general. From a fan of football, a teacher of kids, and a guy that empathizes with seeing a good group play their last game. Good game, Estill.