Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern-North Laurel updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
North scores on their opening drive, leads 7-0.
Southwestern answers with an easy scoring drive, 7-7 late first. Looks like they will move ball at will, our only hope is to have long, sustained drives that end with points. Can't afford turnovers tonight.
SW had a good drive. Who is the freshman 43. He's made almost every tackle. He's definitely leading the team. It's a good smash mouth football.
7-7 after one. According to my KHSAA roster 43 for Southwestern is Austin Upchurch.
Looks like North Laurel is going to make a game out of it!
Wow, I've not seen a freshman have such a dominant game. He's on every tackle. NL missed FG.
North misses 31-yard field goal attempt, 7-7 9:00 to go in half. Jaguars shortening the game with their ball control offense, but they have to cash in with points.
It's saying Austin Barnes.
Pruitt hits 64-yard pass, then Edwards walks in on next play. Southwestern up 14-7, 8:17 left in half. They are just too much for Jags offensively, this might get out of hand before night is done.
I was just going by roster they posted with KHSAA, it may be incorrect. North hit a long pass to extend current drive, but had to punt, Southwestern with ball at their 25, 5:00 left in half.
Pruitt is a good quarterback, Edwards is exceptional, this is a talented offensive team. It will be a big surprise if they don't score again on this drive.
Edwards goes 59 yards, Southwestern up 20-7, 4:00 in half. Don't think this is gonna get much better for Jags.
SW is starting to blow it open.
Southwestern - 20

North Laurel - 7

Halftime
Southwestern just too much now up 34-7 at end of three. They should win again next week as well, might get pushed a little more, but I expect them to be regional champs.
This game is all but over. SW just to much. Also, I've never seen such a game for a freshman player on defense. Where I cone from you don't see that. And it being s 2nd round into playoffs and a 5-A school. Congratulations to him and SW. I'll be.glad to watch them again next week.
This was the worst called ball game I ever saw north never had a chance
I dont think the refs had anything to do with us not being able to block a freshman.

Great Season Jags! How far we have came since 2006. Coach Larkey and staff do a great job and kids play hard fought until the end.
Heard it on radio and it was 21-34 with 5min to go I think
Not much of a blowout but congrats to both teams
First off, worst officiating game I've ever seen in my life!!!!!! Absolutely some home cooking their, without a doubt. Even the radio announcing agreed with that! Second, Larkey needs to find a stout beefy running back to help carry the load other than Sizemore at 180 lbs. Larkey needs to come up with some new plays next year instead of the same plays he's ran for the past 5 years! Talk about blown coverage for North in their secondary!...wow..how do you let someone run downfield wide open? They've got to play their positions instead of trying to be playmakers! Their middle linebacker backer and their quarterback were the only 2 that showed up to play this game!
Everyone saying goes about the S.W. freshman.....when their 20 year old freshman it makes a difference! !!!!!! Can I get an Amen!?
No. You can't. He might be 16, that's the oldest he can be as a freshman and be eligible. They were just too good on offense for us. Not a bad season for North, prospects for next year really good considering only two of the five seniors we had saw any serious playing time.
Sig, just so you know, Sw played one freshman on defense according to the program, number 43. He only got in on certain situations. Your last 14 points and our last 7 we had backups in on defense and guys that usually play receiver playing runningback. We were targeted last week with a fight and it seemed the coaches were not going to allow that to happen again when its 34-7 in the 4th quarter. 22 is tough for you guys though runs it hard, i assume thats sizemore?
Sig Wrote:Everyone saying goes about the S.W. freshman.....when their 20 year old freshman it makes a difference! !!!!!! Can I get an Amen!?
Wow, if the freshman is 20. He will be the first and he'll end up being he best in KY in the near yrs. I think it says something about the jags. To single out a freshman LB says the jags had a problem blocking. The jags O line wasn't doing that well with SW D-line so the lb's done well. The jags Q-Back wasn't that impressive. A lot of under thrown balls. Not very accurate. Oh, yeah on maxpreps says that #43 is 15 yrs old.:flush: