Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dave Cantralls State Rankings Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity
Bowling Green
Ryle
Scott Co
St X
Male
Simon Kenton
Lafayette
Belfry
Covington Catholic

If you want to see if your school is in top 25 just ask
Belfry should be a little higher on this list.
NutterButter Wrote:Belfry should be a little higher on this list.

Who would you replace?
I had the same thought about Belfry but then looked at 6A team records and found it tough to move one of them out. That being said, I think after the top 2 Belfry is competitive with the rest.
Well, Mayfield isn't even on it. Missed the boat there.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, Mayfield isn't even on it. Missed the boat there.

Which one of those teams would you pull off in favor of Mayfield?

Mayfield is definitely Top 20, probably even Top 15... but hard to find reason to move them ahead of the 10 listed
oldschool77 Wrote:I had the same thought about Belfry but then looked at 6A team records and found it tough to move one of them out. That being said, I think after the top 2 Belfry is competitive with the rest.

You can make an argument for Belfry to move up, but with the exception of maybe Lafayette I would not consider Belfry the favorite against any of those teams above them playing head to head.
When you have to Leave a team like Mayfield off the list, you know there is some prertty good football teams in this state. It's getting better every year.
Mayfield and Belfry are in similar situations, not enough overlap with 6A to see where they would fit in. It would be interesting to see Belfry, Johnson Central, Mayfield and other similar teams play some top 6A schools in the future. Instead of the early season trips to WV, Tennessee possibly to Louisville schools. At the finals last year I felt like Belfry could compete with anyone, and they have many of the same players this year. It would be nice to have a week one bowl series alternating annually at EKU and WKU for matchups of top perennial powers like these.
oldschool77 Wrote:Mayfield and Belfry are in similar situations, not enough overlap with 6A to see where they would fit in. It would be interesting to see Belfry, Johnson Central, Mayfield and other similar teams play some top 6A schools in the future. Instead of the early season trips to WV, Tennessee possibly to Louisville schools. At the finals last year I felt like Belfry could compete with anyone, and they have many of the same players this year. It would be nice to have a week one bowl series alternating annually at EKU and WKU for matchups of top perennial powers like these.

If any consolation:

Mayfield beat McCracken County by 46-41. McCracken County was probably in the 13-17 range of 6A. McCracekn won their District in lost in Round 1 to PRP 34-10... PRP is in the 9-11 range in 6A despite being a 4 Seed. Calpreps has McCracken County at #13 in 6A.

Belfry beat Tates Creek 48-12 (Belfry showed mercy). Tates Creek is in the 15-20 range in 6A. Tates Creek is still alive as a 3 Seed after defeating Boone County in Round 1. Calpreps has Tates Creek at #15 in 6A.

Belfry beat Cabell Midland (WV) 35-21. Cabell Midland would be a 6A school in Kentucky. I compare them to the NKY 6A Schools (Cross between Conner and Campbell County this year). Not a ton of elite athletes, but huge lines, lots of depth, and strong defenses. Calpreps would have them ahead of McCracken County as the 13th best 6A team.
If I threw my own ranking out there for the Top 25

1. Trinity
2. Bowling Green
3. St. Xavier
4. Male
5. Ryle
6. Simon Kenton
7. Scott County
8. Lafayette
9. Belfry
10. Johnson Central
11. CovCath
12. Manual
13. Conner
14. PRP
15. Mayfield
16. Franklin-Simpson
17. Cooper
18. Corbin
19. Owensboro
20. Christian County
21. Ballard
22. Greenwood
23. Hopkinsville
24. CAL
25. DeSales
I think Scott Co is too high.. would put Belfry in front of both Scott Co and Lafayette but behind the Louisville schools..idk much about SK their schedule looks pretty weak
Ninja Wrote:I think Scott Co is too high.. would put Belfry in front of both Scott Co and Lafayette but behind the Louisville schools..idk much about SK their schedule looks pretty weak

Killed a very good CAL team, lost barely to Ryle, beat very good Cooper and Conner. Destroyed a decent Dixie Heights
Mayfield was ranked 14th on this list. And Johnson Central 16th McCracken County 20th
1) trinity
2) bowling green
3) male
4) st xavier
5) simon kenton
6) ryle
7) manual
8) scott co
9) lafayette
10) belfry
11) prp
12) mayfield
13) conner
14) j.central
15) cov catholic
16) christian co
17) f.simpson
18) cooper
19) cal
20) corbin
21) hopkinsville
22) lex catholic
23) greenwood
24) ballard
25) owensboro
I'd take Bowling Green over anyone. All day.
Guys Belfry is a Top 5 team in the state.. TongueirateSho
64SUR Wrote:Guys Belfry is a Top 5 team in the state.. TongueirateSho

I'm sure you believe that, but, there's at least 7-8 6a teams alone that would beat them more times than they'd lose to them. Not saying they couldn't beat some of those teams on a given day, they could, just not the majority of the time. There's also several teams I'd rank below them that could beat them on any given day. IMO, 9th to 12th is pretty accurate.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I'm sure you believe that, but, there's at least 7-8 6a teams alone that would beat them more times than they'd lose to them. Not saying they couldn't beat some of those teams on a given day, they could, just not the majority of the time. There's also several teams I'd rank below them that could beat them on any given day. IMO, 9th to 12th is pretty accurate.
Maybe a little 6A bias. Belfry needs to hang 50 on Lex Cath this year or whoever comes from the west. They certainly passed the "eye" test last year, and returned most everyone.
Weird seeing this list with no Highlands.
Yeah. How many years without Highlands at least in top 25??? Even on a down year. Just shows how bad this team really is. And coaching issues.
I can't see a 5 loss Lex Cath team in the top 25.
They aren't in the last one I saw but neither is Corbin