Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Butler Co @ Mayfield 11-11-16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm surprised that this game is not being talked about as it should. I thought maybe I could point out some facts to wake everyone up. First, I've told you all, all year long this Butler Co team should be in the top ten. They are currently 8-3 and lost to a highly touted Owensboro Catholic team by only 2 touchdowns.

Next, these two teams have a very impressive senior class. Between these two teams' senior classes, they have accounted for 4 state championships since 2012. That is correct. Butler Co seniors won a state title in 2012 in 8th grade by beating Mayfield's seniors of this year. Mayfield's seniors went on to win high school state championships in 13,14 & 15.

Lastly, just look at these stats:

Mayfield has the 3rd place running back in 2a, Trajon Bright, averaging 154 yards per game.
Mayfield has the top passer in 2a, Landon Arnett. He is averaging 248 yards per game and has thrown for 2483 yards.
Mayfield has the 6th, 9th and 15th ranked recievers in 2a.
Mayfield's RB, Bright, is also 6th in the state in 2a for scoring.
Mayfield is ranked 2nd in the state in scoring with an average of 48.5 points per game.
Mayfield is ranked 5th in scoring defense just allowing 15.6 points per game.
Mayfield is ranked 2nd in the state in team passing with 2333 yards.

Butler Co has the 4th ranked passing leader in the state in 2a, Rex Henderson, with 2199 yards.
Butler Co has the 10th & 17th ranked recievers.
Butler Co's Rex Henderson is also ranked 4th in scoring in the state in 2a.
Butler Co is the 3rd ranked team in team scoring with an average of 43.2 points per game.
Butler Co is also ranked 5th in the state in team passing with 2240 yards.

**These stats are through the regular season, as they have not yet been updated.
Defense will be the difference. No way Butler County gets near their 43 point per game average on Mayfields defense. Butler County doesn't seem to have a great defense, and Mayfield likely has the best offense Butler County has seen all year. Doubt Mayfield will hold them scoreless like last year, so I'll go 55-21 with Butler getting their last 7 on jv D after a running clock.
Mayfield by 28.
Mayfield 56
Butler 07

:pondering:
I watched film last night. Butler Co is gonna have to score at least 50 to have a chance. They let Ballard just run right through them. If they do that with the Cards, they will look up and see 63 points on the board by midway through the 3rd quarter.
Mayfield by as many as they want.
Mayfield 49
Butler Co 20
Question for me is, how did Butler Co play OC so well and Ballard Mem so poorly?
That's a good question... after watching the film, i cant see Butler Co playing within 4 touchdowns of Mayfield
Welcome back. If they give Trajon those runs up the middle like they did the Ballard back, it's gonna be a long, long, bus ride back.
I just dont think Butler has the Defense to keep up.
Thanks 55, its been a while... to be honest their Offense didn't impress me much. With that being said, i haven't been impressed with any opposing offense Mayfield has played this year.
I was pretty impressed with Caldwells offense. I wasn't so much with McCracken's until we lost Trajon and they started throwing where he wasn't.
Pee Wee Herman versus Mike Tyson type beatdown.
I got to say mayfield is the best team I have seen played this year they are loaded for a 2A teams.....:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: can't believe I just said that :igiveup:
Dang 64, are you under the influence? I really feel good about our chances.
64SUR Wrote:I got to say mayfield is the best team I have seen played this year they are loaded for a 2A teams.....:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: can't believe I just said that :igiveup:

I leave for a year and come back to 64 jumping on the Mayfield train??? What did you do to him 55?
Too much speed on both sides of the ball for Butler to handle them. They may move the ball a little but it won't be enough. Mf will score at will.
Mayfield just has to much speed all over the field. They come at you with waves of fast kids.
Anyone know the start time of this game? I've seen both 7pm, and 730pm listed as starting time.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Anyone know the start time of this game? I've seen both 7pm, and 730pm listed as starting time.

No difference it will be slaughter time when it does.
clobberin' time!