Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Lexington Christian 11/11/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and predictions :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Last meeting 10/14/16 @ Somerset

Lexington Christian 41
Somerset 28

Lexington Christian 11-0
Somerset 7-4
Showtime LCA hottest team in the state. Confusederiously:

Lexington Christian 49
Somerset 21
Lca 38-26
without Isaiah Cornett and LCA playing at home will not be as close 40-21
RTL Wrote:without Isaiah Cornett and LCA playing at home will not be as close 40-21
Will #4 be able to play, he was the Qb that kept our defense off balance with his ability to run? Hate seeing injuries at this time of year, changes the dynamics of so many teams.
LCA Qbs both have played well this year, Nevius should be back in the next week I would say. LCA did not have their Kicker last game which gave somerset a short field most of the game this won't be issue this game. LCA always loves playing Somerset, should be fun playoff game. Cornett not playing against Prestonburg slowed their offense down they will have adjust against LCA
Bunnies have a bunch of weapons and will make LCA earn this one. LCA is a little better and will win by 8.
LCA wins for one more week.
I will predict Somerset because I can. And their fans are a class act.
L c a
One of the better second round match ups statewide, but too much Wheatley:

LCA - 35

SHS - 27
mysonis55 Wrote:LCA wins for one more week.

Ha Ha , keep doubting, your track record about these teams has been outstanding......Smile
What happen to the Cornett kid?
Lca 35-24.
bac2369 Wrote:What happen to the Cornett kid?
Broken collar bone.
Somerset seems to underachieve when I project them to do very well in the preseason. LCA 35-14
I wouldn't say they underachieved. They didn't lose to anyone outside the top 5 in any division. They played everyone close but #2 Beechwood, They had a strong Rockcastle team on the ropes and lost on the last meaningful play of the game at the 3 yard line. Somerset was breaking in a new QB. who game from another team last Jan. and had to learn a whole new system and receivers. Somerset stands at 7-4 on the season not too shabby in my books..but what do I know...Lol
SomeBunnyFan_10 Wrote:Broken collar bone.

I wish him a speedy recovery! He is one heck of a player and I know he has earned the respect from players and coaches through out the district.

He is a junior....correct?
Cobraxx Wrote:I wish him a speedy recovery! He is one heck of a player and I know he has earned the respect from players and coaches through out the district.

He is a junior....correct?

Isaiah Cornett (#3) is the one with the injury, josh Cornett (13) is his brother and is healthy. Isaiah was playing outstanding football in all facets, he'll play again just not as a jumper as he is a senior.
Lca by 2 td's
LCA by 2, maybe even 3 TD. Too many skill sets and just a bit more playmakers than the Jumpers.
SomeBunnyFan_10 Wrote:I wouldn't say they underachieved. They didn't lose to anyone outside the top 5 in any division. They played everyone close but #2 Beechwood, They had a strong Rockcastle team on the ropes and lost on the last meaningful play of the game at the 3 yard line. Somerset was breaking in a new QB. who game from another team last Jan. and had to learn a whole new system and receivers. Somerset stands at 7-4 on the season not too shabby in my books..but what do I know...Lol

In my opinion as an outsider, if you're Somerset, 7-4 is par for the course. When you appear in the regional finals at a minimum for 5 years in a row, the past 3 seasons have been a huge underachievement. Two first round exits and a likely 2nd round exit this week. The pieces are there now to make a deep run in 2A and have been the past two seasons as well. That's not a knock on the team, I'm just unsure of where it's going wrong. My expectations are way too high every year for the Jumpers.
Wildcat18 Wrote:In my opinion as an outsider, if you're Somerset, 7-4 is par for the course. When you appear in the regional finals at a minimum for 5 years in a row, the past 3 seasons have been a huge underachievement. Two first round exits and a likely 2nd round exit this week. The pieces are there now to make a deep run in 2A and have been the past two seasons as well. That's not a knock on the team, I'm just unsure of where it's going wrong. My expectations are way too high every year for the Jumpers.
I agree with you on this. Something is wrong to have that much talent, but also its on the kids to finish as well. 14-7 in 4th against Danville it was like they quiet after 2 players were hurt, up 21-7 against rock, made bad decisions they just quiet, LCA Jumpers were up two scores let it go in last minutes, They got to finish these games. I expect the Jumpers to be adjusted more against no huddle. Subbing player on Defense more the past 2 weeks have helped. Hard to beat a good team twice. Somerset used run against LCA last time so I dont' see a huge factor with Cornett out but will be a factor. I'm going with the upset 28-24 Somerset 3rd times the charm in this spree of close games, but the coaches have got to make good decisions and the players have to play every minute.
I think LCA wins this one 35-20.
Bunnies are quick.LCA is fast
SWpride Wrote:I agree with you on this. Something is wrong to have that much talent, but also its on the kids to finish as well. 14-7 in 4th against Danville it was like they quiet after 2 players were hurt, up 21-7 against rock, made bad decisions they just quiet, LCA Jumpers were up two scores let it go in last minutes, They got to finish these games. I expect the Jumpers to be adjusted more against no huddle. Subbing player on Defense more the past 2 weeks have helped. Hard to beat a good team twice. Somerset used run against LCA last time so I dont' see a huge factor with Cornett out but will be a factor. I'm going with the upset 28-24 Somerset 3rd times the charm in this spree of close games, but the coaches have got to make good decisions and the players have to play every minute.

I'm not going to be the guy who says some changes need to be made...yet. There are some excuses as to why they are where they are over the last couple of years but there is enough talent on the roster this year to have beaten Rockcastle, LCA and maybe Danville. Each team they were close but just not close enough. IF talent isn't the issue, then you might have to question other things.

Robbie Lucas may need to reevaluate a lot of things in the off season and I don't think it would hurt looking from the ground up. Middle School seems to be in good hands but everything else is a bit of a mess. I don't know if you change some assistants, or maybe just take on the task of rebuild with a renewed vow of confidence.

The prior two seasons were a mess. Lose Friday and they'll be looking at yet another sub par season. (In my books anyway)
LCA by 7
I think the Jumpers can move the ball on LCA and score some points. Jumpers in a tight one.
Cellking Wrote:I think the Jumpers can move the ball on LCA and score some points. Jumpers in a tight one.

it's much harder to move the ball, starting at 20 than starting at 45 . LCA gets one of the best kickers in the state back, he didn't play in the first game which gave Somerset field position most of the game. Kicking is huge in playoffs, missing extra points and field position become critical
Wildcat18 Wrote:In my opinion as an outsider, if you're Somerset, 7-4 is par for the course. When you appear in the regional finals at a minimum for 5 years in a row, the past 3 seasons have been a huge underachievement. Two first round exits and a likely 2nd round exit this week. The pieces are there now to make a deep run in 2A and have been the past two seasons as well. That's not a knock on the team, I'm just unsure of where it's going wrong. My expectations are way too high every year for the Jumpers.

You're not wrong, but I think you may have been overestimating the talent on the Jumpers' roster a bit over the past three years. Yes, they have had some talent, but they do not have near as many talented players as they had during the '09-'13 stretch. One of the things that helped during that run was that we didn't have near as many players going both ways. This season it seems as though our guys are just getting run down by the end of games because of how many we have playing both sides of the ball and special teams.

Looking at the roster now, and the middle school players coming up, if they are not at least one of the top 5 teams in 2A two years from now when our current sophomores are seniors then I would start to worry. 8th grade, freshman, and sophomore classes are big and talented. We will see.
Pages: 1 2