Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Bourbon County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will Ashland continue their run to a state title or will Bourbon dethrone the Tide?
Ashland by 10. Last win of year for kittens 🐱
I got Ashland by 21. But they've already got Regiom Champs shirts made up, so maybe they know something Johnson Central doesn't??
Could be the end for the proud.
Bourbon County.
Ashland has to travel to Bourbon County....

Even though Ashland will win this game, I would never pick them to.
After seeing Ashland perform a couple times this year and getting to watch Bourbon Co in person I would Definitely go with Bourbon Co. They have a really good QB and a solid Defense! Bourbon hasn't got the credit they deserve this year, they've been looked over somewhat and I think Ashland looks over them Friday night and has their season come to an end!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:After seeing Ashland perform a couple times this year and getting to watch Bourbon Co in person I would Definitely go with Bourbon Co. They have a really good QB and a solid Defense! Bourbon hasn't got the credit they deserve this year, they've been looked over somewhat and I think Ashland looks over them Friday night and has their season come to an end!
I agree. Bourbon's schedule was a murderers row. Losses to Paintsville, Pulaski Co., RockCastle Co., Madison Central & Madison Southern isn't anything to be ashamed of. Playing that type of competition has definitely helped this year's team. I haven't seen Ashland play but based upon their schedule and results, it appears to be 2 evenly matched teams. I think the key is to contain their QB Ratliff and try to make him beat you with his arm. Should be a good game.
Win or lose the Kittens need to start preparing for their opener against the Rams next year. No amount of prep will help against Central.
You will be able to buy those regional champs shirts at the Vendor's mall for $1.00. Make nice Christmas presents.
Regional Champ shirts I hear. JC administration should check any suspicious packages from the Ashland area. Either anthrax outbreak in Paintsville, or they have a "Thundering Herd" of transfers crossing over from WV who will become eligible next week. Not sure how they close that 5 TD gap otherwise.
I hope Bourbon gets it done. There offense has progressed through the end of the regular season. It was nonexistent early. They have played a lot of good teams close. PC was not as the final score might appear and Rock was a beatdown. In their defense, they hadn't really figured it out in the Rock opener. I think they match up better with teams that don't line up and pound the LOS.
Contain Ratliff on Off. and you beat Ashland.

Does Bourbon County have the players on D to do that?
Poor Poor Putty tats
Ashland
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Contain Ratliff on Off. and you beat Ashland.

Does Bourbon County have the players on D to do that?
Without a doubt. Bourbon County matches up well with Ashland.
Escalade Wrote:Without a doubt. Bourbon County matches up well with Ashland.

I honestly believe Bourbon takes it! Their Defense is good. QB can run and throw very well! Good athletic team this year!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I honestly believe Bourbon takes it! Their Defense is good. QB can run and throw very well! Good athletic team this year!
Paintsville was without Phelps when we played them but they still had some talented backs and we still played them well. Came down to the last minute and Paintsville scored a TD on a perfect thread the needle pass. Great play. There was some serious hard hitting on both sides that night. Great high school game.
Escalade Wrote:Paintsville was without Phelps when we played them but they still had some talented backs and we still played them well. Came down to the last minute and Paintsville scored a TD on a perfect thread the needle pass. Great play. There was some serious hard hitting on both sides that night. Great high school game.

I agree. It was one of the best games Paintsville had this year! A lot of people assumed Bourbon was gonna get ran over with KP or without but didn't happen. I was impressed with Bourbons play!
Putty Tats 35
Colonel Sanders 7
Bourbon county 35

Ashland 21