Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Casey County @ Estill County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
Casey by 7. Should be a good game.
Casey, something like 28-8, or 27-13 would be my prediction. Fairly competitive ballgame.
Estill co plays no defense and Casey is good offensively..
CC 38- 8
Estill County (vs. Jackson County) 380 yards of total offense on 36 plays. Jackson County had 43 for a total of 136 total yards (-4 rushing). Generals were 2/9 on 3rd Down and 0/5 on 4th.

Hurst was a no show. Hurst had 201 rush yards against Casey, he didn't have anything against Estill. He was tackled more in the backfield then he had positive yardage
Estill County comes in 9-2 averaging 338 rush yards a game...allowing 141 rush yards and 113 pass yards a game. averaging 41 points a game, allowing 22 points a game.

Casey County comes in 10-1 averaging 139 rush yards a game, 207 pass yards a game....allowing 121 rush yards a game...114 pass yards a game....averaging 36 points a game....allowing 18 points a game.

Massey Prediction: Casey 38-21

Should be a good one.
Casey 41 Estill 18
Casey 38-21
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County (vs. Jackson County) 380 yards of total offense on 36 plays. Jackson County had 43 for a total of 136 total yards (-4 rushing). Generals were 2/9 on 3rd Down and 0/5 on 4th.

Hurst was a no show. Hurst had 201 rush yards against Casey, he didn't have anything against Estill. He was tackled more in the backfield then he had positive yardage

Hurst may have had 15 or 20 yards against Casey's varsity, but they subbed out every player with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Hurst piled on some yardage after that. Just to put it in some perspective.
I have to say I've watched both play and will probably come watch this game if I can but I'm gonna have to say this will be Casey both are talented but the rebels have a solid offense that I just don't think Estill can stop enough to count
I want to picked Estill and I guessed I will. This one is for my friend Hoover :yikes:

Estill County 35
Casey County 34
SOS

Casey = 45-67

Estill = 47-72
Two evenly matched teams who have had great seasons. This one should be fun to watch.
Here are some other 3A SOS I cobbled together in no particular order. Make of it what you will.

3A SOS

Central = 78-41
Belfry = 70-50
Corbin = 68-50-1
Catholic = 75-46
Boyle = 65-56
Russell = 57-51
Bardstown = 55-62
Caldwell = 65-55
Etown = 56-61
Casey = 45-67
Tilghman = 63-57
Adair = 62-57
Garrard = 72-49
Bell = 68-52
Casey Rolls... 14-21 points.
Casey wins big, Estill is no match for Casey. Casey 42-12!
Estill is better than people give them credit for. Casey is a solid team as well, I'm with 64sur on this one. Close game.

Estill- 36
Casey-28

Casey will not be able to stop the Estill run game. Not one guy you can key on. 2 1,000 yard rushers and 2 more around 500. Number 3 rusher in 3A in Bingham and number 8 or 9 in Beckler. Tough to slow down. Good luck to both teams! I believe I'll make the trip to ol Hoover field and check this one out!
I fully expect this to be a close game, start to finish, especially with this one being played in Irvine. The Engineers have just as good of a chance to win this as Casey does. Gonna give it to Estill with the homefield advantage.

Estill County - 28

Casey County - 26
Casey by 2 scores

How is Estill going to handle seating for this game?
Pack em in Hoover field baby! Game day is here! Time to see the train roll!
Have they stoked the big engine yet in Irvin?. The Engineers are getting ready to roll down the tracks.
The only way you'd pick Estill is if you were from there. Casey is a way better team than Estill. Estill sure they have 2 Top Ten Rushers in 3A, sure, but they acquired these yards against 1A and 2A Schools Galatin, Frankfort, and Berea. Do you think Casey is all one player? Number 32,21, the QB 4, the 6'4 TE. Casey should steamroll Estill. I might be wrong. I doubt it though. Casey moves on to Corbin.
And the reward is to head to Corbin next week.
Actually not from Irvine, just a fan of old school football. Spread teams don't want to play smash mouth, better tighten the ol chinstraps tonight, Rebels.
28-14 Casey.1:48 left 1st half
Halftime. Same score. Engineers to receive 2nd half kick. Casey went for it on 4&27 and it went incomplete.
End 3 Casey 42-14
I believe the final score was Casey 49-21. Casey ran a Wildcat reverse screen pass which was intercepted by Estill's Blake Fransisco in the endzone to make it 28-14 with app. 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.