Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 68 Paintsville 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stephens & Chaffin led P-burg with 13 pts. each, while Stephens added 10 rebounds to finish with another double-double! :wink:
Nice win for the Blackcats.. The bench played great when the starters got in foul trouble.. Congrats Cats!!!
Yeah the cats played a nice game...I think that P-ville is overrated
Congrats to the Blackcats.
Does anyone have any stats?
The Tigers aren't overrated, just very young, maybe BMR will have to hang another state championship banner up at Paintsville in the near future, but anyways, the Blackcats played a good game, it doesn't matter where this game was played at the Cats would have won it either way.
Paintsville got off to a good lead early and then it looked like they just, well I don't know what they did. Kyle Ousley played pretty good off the bench as did Barnette. It was a very physical game. Compton made some pretty good passes. That could be why he has over 500 assists.
Pburg just flat out played Paintsville...Slone is not what I expected him to be either...
As Slone matures and learns that he isn't the only player on the team, they will do much better. Like I said before, P-ville couldn't handle
P-burgs big guys.
Paintsville
Slone 21
Vanhoose 12
Williams 5
Hensley 5
Grimm 5
Keaton 2

Prestonsburg
John Mark Stephens 13 & 10 rebounds
Jesse Chaffin 13
Brooks Herrick 9
Michael Stephens 8
Kyle Ousley 6
Lewis Barnett 6
Trevor Compton 5
Joe Blackburn 4
Sean Leslie 4
haha Did anyone not score for the blackcats? lol
"Basketballer" Wrote:Pburg just flat out played Paintsville...Slone is not what I expected him to be either...

What more do you expect from a freshman? Maybe if you seen the kid play on more then one occasion you wouldnt feel that way.
Well everytime you get on here you hear oh Landon this Landon that, of course you shoot 35 shots a game you're going to score 21 points. Hopefully more. But like Blackcat said, as he matures and learns there are more players on the team, then they will be a team to deal with, but this year P-burg is just too much for them to handle. P-burg is hitting at the right time once again. Watch out for tourney time.
Slone will be the future of 15th region Basketball.
He is the best freshmen in the region at this time and is better than most juniors. You never can tell what will happen but he has a great deal of potential
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Well everytime you get on here you hear oh Landon this Landon that, of course you shoot 35 shots a game you're going to score 21 points. Hopefully more. But like Blackcat said, as he matures and learns there are more players on the team, then they will be a team to deal with, but this year P-burg is just too much for them to handle. P-burg is hitting at the right time once again. Watch out for tourney time.

Sounds about like a shooter PBurg had back in the 2003-2003 season that I saw with a pretty blonde. Big Grin Fact of the matter is, both teams don't have a shot at winning the Region this year. They both take horrible shots, and Pburgs fell in more than Pvilles. This had to be the worst offensive preformance I've seen in a game in a LONG LONG time. Pville played nothing like they did the other night, they looked like they should've played the JV game earlier and the JV team should've played against Pburgs varsity.
If Paintsville didn't play selfish ball they would be a lot better
"Flowmaster" Wrote:
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Well everytime you get on here you hear oh Landon this Landon that, of course you shoot 35 shots a game you're going to score 21 points. Hopefully more. But like Blackcat said, as he matures and learns there are more players on the team, then they will be a team to deal with, but this year P-burg is just too much for them to handle. P-burg is hitting at the right time once again. Watch out for tourney time.

Sounds about like a shooter PBurg had back in the 2003-2003 season that I saw with a pretty blonde. Big Grin Fact of the matter is, both teams don't have a shot at winning the Region this year. They both take horrible shots, and Pburgs fell in more than Pvilles. This had to be the worst offensive preformance I've seen in a game in a LONG LONG time. Pville played nothing like they did the other night, they looked like they should've played the JV game earlier and the JV team should've played against Pburgs varsity.

Pburg is a contender
Not a great game in the 1st half but the Cats picked it up in the second half. Slone got 21 but most of his points were from the free throw line. I thought Joe Blackburn played great D on Slone. Blackburn was physical with Slone and kept him out of the lane whene he was in the game.

Flowmaster I think both teams are contenders but believe Pburg has what it take to win the region. As for Paintsville's JV they did even beat Pburgs JV after they started the game on an 11-0 run. So I thought it was good wins for both of the Blackcat teams.
Not to take anything away from the job Blackburn did, but Mike Stephens was on Slone when he was in the game and if Im not mistaken Slone only scored 1 point on M.Stephens and yes it was from the free throw line after Stephens was called for the foul.
congrats to p-burg, they are playing well right now
"Basketballer" Wrote:Pburg just flat out played Paintsville...Slone is not what I expected him to be either...

Pburg did outplay Paintsville, they played great defense pressuring us into taking bad shots all night long, not only that Paintsville couldn't hit water if they out of a boat after about 5 minutes into the game. How could you say that about Slone, you have only seen him play one time this year, and it was definately not a good night for him. If he would have had the "hot hand" lastnight like he did Friday night, Pville would have won the game. Grimm wasn't hitting, VanHoose wasn't hitting. Alot of that was due to Pburgs defense, but I have never seen these boys miss as many wide open shots as they did lastnight. Pburg killed us on the boards, IDK what was wrong with Williams, Hensley, and VanHoose lastnight, they usually crash the boards hard and block out, I didn't see much of that lastnight.
I gotta give credit where it's due though, Pburg played a great game on both ends of the floor, they are definately a contender when they play ball, and they can play when they want to. John Mark and Jesse had very good games, they rebounded extremely well, Trevor played one of his better games that I have seen him play, #2 came off the bench and hit a couple huge 3's to spark Pburg, and Kyle Ousley, IMO, gave Pburg the spark they needed in the 2nd half, played great when he FINALLY got in the game, what is up with that, that boy definately needs to be playing.

Congrats Pburg, good luck in districts, and hopefully we will get another shot at ya :wink: .

Pville, keep your heads up, get your minds right and get ready, cause you know what you are up against in the 1st round, definately not a good draw plahying SC at SC in the district tourney. I know you boys can do it, show everyone what you are really made of.
I think the "baby" tigers were a little intimidated by the big boys of Prestonsburg Bill Don. Chaffin and Moose owned the paint. LOL ohh yeah I think someone needs their diaper changed HAHA...remember that one Bill Don? Wink
"Flowmaster" Wrote:

Sounds about like a shooter PBurg had back in the 2003-2003 season that I saw with a pretty blonde. Big Grin
HAHA. If you honestly think that I shot that many times when I was in high school then you never watched me play. If I had an open shot then yes I would take it, but you never seen me force a shot over 2 to 3 defenders. I probably shot 10-12 times a game which is nothing compared to the 25-30 Landon shot last night.
another good quality win for the Blackcats

im happy to see this team come ALIVE i hope this year that they can make it as far as they did last year if not farther as long as they dont beat PC :-) sorry u guys hehe
THis was a surprise to me. it hought Paintsville had the upper hand playing at home
"gish" Wrote:LOL ohh yeah I think someone needs their diaper changed HAHA...remember that one Bill Don? Wink

LOL, What are you talking bout bub? PM me I guess, IDK what you are saying.
I think he is talking about a chant when Matt Hensley got the sweat wiped off his stitches. Their crowd was like "Change his diaper"
Well, congrads to pburg. I didnt think that paintsville wouldve won this game anyways. Even though, ive heard that they played a horrible game.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:
"Flowmaster" Wrote:

Sounds about like a shooter PBurg had back in the 2003-2003 season that I saw with a pretty blonde. Big Grin
HAHA. If you honestly think that I shot that many times when I was in high school then you never watched me play. If I had an open shot then yes I would take it, but you never seen me force a shot over 2 to 3 defenders. I probably shot 10-12 times a game which is nothing compared to the 25-30 Landon shot last night.
lol you keep bashing the kid, when you've probably only watched him play in one game. Landon is a good kid, and he's a great player that had a bad night. I'd say you probably had a bad night or two when you played ball. I definitely know you never scored 37 points in a game also, so give the kid a break.
Congrats P burg
Pages: 1 2