Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central 07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How Will The Cougars Do in 07.....Who Do They Return and Who Did They Lose?....Whats Their Schedule??
They should be pretty good, I dont know their whole schedule between we have them away first game of the season. They return a lot of good players and one really good halfback, Brock(dunno his last name) but Ive heard he is really strong and should do his damage. LCC will be alright this season, theyve been on a steady uphill climb since the school started, 1st season was like 3-7, last year was like 6-4 right??? So I look for them to be pretty good in 07'.......good luck-looking forward to opening kickoff.
Letcher Central loses some good offensive line players along with some "headhunter" linebackers! Some of the defensive secondary, nothing really lost on offense this year though! They should be alright next year! Dakota Brock is a young quarterback/ halfback with Much potential. He is very strong! Charlie Banks is a very good quarterback!
They'll be good next season.
I was talkin to Brock and he said he benched sumthin like 365...lmao....he must have a killer stiffarm!!! What does the line look like for 07'???
I'm sure the Howards will have the cougars ready for '07.
I think LCC is 2 years away from being a very good football team. From talking to some of the coaches, LCC will have a hard time next season. Alot of there talent is in the freshman and sophomore class. But it is always untelling how good teams will be. I know they are working HARD in the weightroom! Best of Luck Cougars!
LCC was 4-6 last season I believe!
[QUOTE=LCC_CougarDakota Brock is a young quarterback/ halfback with Much potential. He is very strong! Charlie Banks is a very good quarterback![/QUOTE]

Brock will be a senior, not very young at all.

They were 4-6, same as the first year. I am not so sure the program IS growing. I have also heard complaints of coaching inexperience, and that some coaches may not be coming back. As politically based as it is here, I think it will be a hard job to get this program where it wants to be.
I hear from several friends that live in Letcher Co. that associate head coach VanHoose has been fired. Also that the 07 schedule is weak except for Hazard and Clay County. They are by far in the weakest 5-A district in the KHSAA, and should have a winning season, and all that is by design. They can't have Hillard Howard going out with 3 straight losing seasons and turn things over to his son Ben Howard in 08.I also don't expect Charlie Banks to play football in 07, because of his basketball injury this year.
Well you don't know much about LCC. The fact is Charlie isn't even going to try to play basketball anymore this year so he can fully recover for football. Yes Coach Vanhoose will not be hired back. I think Whitley County can count as a hard game, Leslie County, and North Laurel.
HazzBeen Wrote:Well you don't know much about LCC. The fact is Charlie isn't even going to try to play basketball anymore this year so he can fully recover for football. Yes Coach Vanhoose will not be hired back. I think Whitley County can count as a hard game, Leslie County, and North Laurel.

Leslie 6-6 & they lost their best this year
Whitley 2-8
North Laurel 3-7

Not exactly powerhouses as I see it. Aren't they also playing 1A Hazard as well as East ridge coming off a 2-8 season I believe.
Borderlord Wrote:Brock will be a senior, not very young at all.

They were 4-6, same as the first year. I am not so sure the program IS growing. I have also heard complaints of coaching inexperience, and that some coaches may not be coming back. As politically based as it is here, I think it will be a hard job to get this program where it wants to be.

In fact he is on 16 years old! That is what I was referring to!!!

Dakota rushed for 499 yards and had 11 rushing TD's he also had 1736 yards passing for 15 TD's with 13 interceptions, 226 attempts and 120 completions.

You cant tell me that its coaching inexperience, that is just ridiculous!!!!
How could you say that Coach Howard is inexpeienced???
You have to give them some time to get settled in.
HazzBeen Wrote:Well you don't know much about LCC. The fact is Charlie isn't even going to try to play basketball anymore this year so he can fully recover for football. Yes Coach Vanhoose will not be hired back. I think Whitley County can count as a hard game, Leslie County, and North Laurel.
I agree I don't know alot about LCC, but I know Banks won't be back to basketball this year, but I would bet Raymond Justice doesn't want him to play football and I'd say his Dad doesn't want him too either. This I do know for sure

Hazard... will be pretty good again
Leslie... 6-6, but lost alot
Whitley... 2-8
North Laurel...3-7
Perry Cent...1-9
Bourbon Co.... 0-10
Clay Co... will be good again
East Ridge....2-8
Also on the KHSAA website has LCC beating Haysi, VA when it was actually Haysi winning over LCC so their record should be 4-6 not 5-5. I do know however Hillard Howard is one of the best HS football coaches KY has ever had and a great guy as well I'd love to see him do well @ Letcher Central. I was just saying earlier their schedule is better for them than the last 2 years without Bell, Rock, Mad. Southern on it. Not picking on LCC at all, I'm an Mountain boy and would love to see them do well.
LCC_Cougar Wrote:In fact he is on 16 years old! That is what I was referring to!!!

Dakota rushed for 499 yards and had 11 rushing TD's he also had 1736 yards passing for 15 TD's with 13 interceptions, 226 attempts and 120 completions.

You cant tell me that its coaching inexperience, that is just ridiculous!!!!
How could you say that Coach Howard is inexpeienced???
You have to give them some time to get settled in.

It doesn't matter if he is 12 years old. a senior is a senior.

Brock is a great athelete though, and I believe will be tough to handle as a running back next year. I doubt he will be seeing any time at QB.

I wasn't referring to Coach (Hillard) Howard. He has been very successfull. He also had great assistants at Pikeville. He may have a good bunch of guys working with him now, but several are far from what I would call experienced as far as "coaching" football is concerned.

Like Viccolion, I am not trying to trash talk LCC. I think their success will be determined by the way politics and nepotism play out.
How much did it cost to get the Jumbotron at LCC. How many cameras do they have? Who runs the cameras and who decides what angles and stuff? I've seen the scoreboard on WYMT's Sports Overtime.

You sure do seem to know alot HazzBeen. I think everyone on BG Rivals should check with you before they ever post anything on here. I think I'll start calling you Karnak.
DevilsWin Wrote:How much did it cost to get the Jumbotron at LCC. How many cameras do they have? Who runs the cameras and who decides what angles and stuff? I've seen the scoreboard on WYMT's Sports Overtime.

The Jumbotron costed somewhere around $150,000 (it was paid for by Pine Mountain Hardwoord Lumber Co.) As for the camera, we have 4 Canon GL-2 cameras. The angles are (On top the press box = 1 camera on the far left of, and one camera on the far right, On the field, there is 1 camera which follows the ball up and down the field, connect by a snake to the computers inside the press box. The software used is Lumaware by LED Solution). The press box is rigged with technology ports which link audio/ video to the computers.

*I know this because I was a camera man for the instant replay system.
LCC_Cougar Wrote:The Jumbotron costed somewhere around $150,000 (it was paid for by Pine Mountain Hardwoord Lumber Co.) As for the camera, we have 4 Canon GL-2 cameras. The angles are (On top the press box = 1 camera on the far left of, and one camera on the far right, On the field, there is 1 camera which follows the ball up and down the field, connect by a snake to the computers inside the press box. The software used is Lumaware by LED Solution). The press box is rigged with technology ports which link audio/ video to the computers.

*I know this because I was a camera man for the instant replay system.

Very impressive, I wonder if Big Sandy Superstores would like to make this happen at Russell.
hello. everyone -= i anm wondering who lcc cougar is -=please reply back
that associate head coach VanHoose has been fired. Also that the 07 schedule is weak except for Hazard and Clay County. They are by far in the weakest 5-A district in the KHSAA, and should have a winning season, and all that is by design. They can't have Hillard Howard going out with 3 straight losing seasons and turn things over to his son Ben Howard in 08.I also don't expect Charlie Banks to play football in 07, because of his basketball injury this year.
i'm am going to reply back to several of your comments
i played football for the cougars in 2005 -= thier first yr. of establishment-= and we done good-= for a first yr. team.i think the cougars will become eventually a 7-3 team-=it just takes some time to build a team.
also coach vanhoose was not fired-=he retired -=not fired- and i like him as a coach-= and it was a mistake made by the cougars but hey, we all learn form our mistakes. and the rumor about coach howard leaving the school after 3 seasons may be true-= but it is not official -=and also
aout the jumbotron-= i sat out these yr, of football and explored new opitions which included the working with the tron-= our stlp coordinators sit that up-= and picks the angle =and i did at one time do the sideline-= it was fun- =but then i moved up into the press box-= so. i wish the cougars good luck in thier 2007 season- =and we're state-bound.
Paco07 Wrote:that associate head coach VanHoose has been fired. i'm am going to reply back to several of your comments
also coach vanhoose was not fired-=he retired -=not fired- and i like him as a coach-= and it was a mistake made by the cougars but hey, we all learn form our mistakes. \.
He was released due to "budget problems" which is bs. Paco, you don't have a clue about it. If he retired, then what is the "mistake" that was made? You do have a great point about Big H turning it over to little h though. I agree 100%
DevilsWin Wrote:You sure do seem to know alot HazzBeen. I think everyone on BG Rivals should check with you before they ever post anything on here. I think I'll start calling you Karnak.

If you need my number let me know...the truth is I am very close to the LCC team and I know more than you since you are from Russell. I would not argue with you on Russell's football team because I do not know anything about them. You, devilswin, have no clue about LCC football so if you lets just leave it that way.
HazzBeen Wrote:If you need my number let me know...the truth is I am very close to the LCC team and I know more than you since you are from Russell. I would not argue with you on Russell's football team because I do not know anything about them. You, devilswin, have no clue about LCC football so if you lets just leave it that way.
LOL Ok then Hazzbeen.

What schools merged to form LCC?
Letcher High, Whitesburg, and Fleming Neon merged to make Letcher Central.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Letcher High, Whitesburg, and Fleming Neon merged to make Letcher Central.

Thanks.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I was talkin to Brock and he said he benched sumthin like 365...lmao....he must have a killer stiffarm!!! What does the line look like for 07'???
i talked to him just the other day and its sumthin more like 320, but still lol
I think as Paco07 said, with the exception of us and Clay LCC's schedule is pretty weak. That being said I think that LCC will go 5-5 at WORST...and at best 6-4. Theyre steadily improving, so give them another season or two to mature then I see big things from the Cougars. Good luck next season...ur gonna need it...haha...j/k
well. i'm back and i have to reply
that i should know what i'm talking about
at one time i did play football
and i think coach vanhoose was a very good coach-=
but i wish the cougars all the luck -= and we're state bound

cougarama.
player_5622 Wrote:i talked to him just the other day and its sumthin more like 320, but still lol
Actually,it is 305.
Pages: 1 2 3