Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My picks for the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am going to break down the winners of each class in order. I will do 1 at a time starting with 1a. Join in to make your picks.
1a

Round 1 winners
Russellville
Campbellsville
Crittendon Co
KCD
Frankfort
Holy Cross
Beechwood
Raceland
Fairview
Paintsville
Williamsburg
Hazard
Pineville
Pikeville

Round 2
Russellville
Bethlehem
KCD
Beechwood
Raceland
Paintsville
Hazard
Pikeville

Round 3
Russellville
Beechwood
Paintsville
Hazard

Round 4
Beechwood
Paintsville

State Champs
Beechwood
2a

Round 1 winners
Mayfield
Butler Co
Murray
Owensboro Cath
Glasgow
DeSales
Metcalfe Co
CAL
Walton Verona
Cov Holy Cross
Lloyd Mem
NCC
LCA
Somerset
Danville
Leslie Co

Round 2
Mayfield
OC
DeSales
CAL
Cov Holy Cross
NCC
LCA
Danville

Round 3
Mayfield
CAL
NCC
Danville

Round 4
Mayfield
Danville

State Champs
Mayfield
3a

Round 1 winners
Caldwell Co
Adair Co
PT
Etown
Central
Boyle Co
Bardstown
Lex Cath
W Carter
Fleming Co
Belfry
Estill Co
Casey Co
Bell Co
Corbin

Round 2
Caldwell Co
PT
Boyle Co
Lex Cath
Russell
Belfry
Casey Co
Corbin

Round 3
Caldwell Co
Lex Cath
Belfry
Corbin

Round 4
Caldwell Co
Belfry

State Champs
Belfry
4a

Winners round 1
Hoptown
S Warren
Allen Co Scott
Franklin Simpson
John Hardin
Valley
Collins
Shelby Co
E Jess
Wayne Co
Knox Cent
Rockcastle Co
Bourbon Co
Ashland Blzr
Greenup Co
Johnson Cent

Round 2
Hoptown
Franklin Simp
John Hardin
Collins
Wayne Co
Rockcastle Co
Ashland Blzr
Johnson Cent

Round 3
Franklin Simp
John Hardin
Rockcastle Co
Johnson Cent

Round 4
Franklin Simp
Johnson Cent

State Champs
Franklin Simpson
5a

Winners round 1
Owensboro
Greenwood
Christian Co
Bowling Green
Fern Creek
Dixie Heights
Highlands
Cov Cath
S Oldham
Anderson Co
N Bullitt
Madison So
Southwestern
N Laurel
Pulaski Co

Round 2
Owensboro
Bowling Green
Dixie Heights
Cov Cath
S Oldham
Madison So
Southwestern
Pulaski Co

Round 3
BG
Cov Cath
Madison So
Southwestern

Round 4
BG
Southwestern

State Champs
Bowling Green
6a

Winners round 1
McCracken Co
Male
Manual
St X
Cent Hardin
Ballard
N Hardin
Trinity
Ryle
Cooper
Conner
Scott Co
Simon Kenton
Madison Cent
Tates Crk
Lafayette

Round 2
Male
St X
Ballard
Trinity
Ryle
Scott Co
S K
Lafayette

Round 3
Male
Trinity
Scott Co
S K

Round 4
Trinity
Scott Co

State Champs
Trinity
I agree on most your Champ picks, but I think 1a is the most wide open, and 4 or 5 teams could win it. 4a I think Johnson Central will win it over Franklin-Simpson. I'll go Russellville, Mayfield, Belfry, Johnson Central, Bowling Green, and Trinity to win titles.
Paintsville wins 1A
Paintsville over Beechwood
Mayfield over Danville
Belfry over Lexington Catholic
Johnson Central over South Warren
Bowling Green over Pulaski County
Trinity over Ryle
Beechwood will do to Paintsville what they did to NCC.
The Beechwood-Paintsville, the Beechwood-Pikeville, or the Beechwood-Raceland game will be very competitive. Beechwood will easily handle Russellville.
1A
Paintsville over Beechwood

2A
Mayfield over LCA.....barely Confusednicker:

3A
Corbin over Lexington Catholic....need belfry to have a total breakdown Confusednicker:

4A
Johnson Central over John Hardin

5A
Bowling Green over Southwestern

6A
Trinity over Ryle
64, you go 3-3 on these picks. If we had a point spread, it looks like you would got 2-4 with the Mayfield pick. If the Eagles manage to slip their way to BG, it won't be close.
On a side note, by looking at the numbers (lit ratings and such), there should be several close first round games this week. One from around here will be PRP at McCracken.
mysonis55 Wrote:On a side note, by looking at the numbers (lit ratings and such), there should be several close first round games this week. One from around here will be PRP at McCracken.

PRP Confusedhh:
mysonis55 Wrote:Beechwood will do to Paintsville what they did to NCC.

Make no mistake! Paintsville and Johnson Central will roll out of BG with 1A and 4A Titles. Beechwood will get trampled by the TIGERS of Paintsville and JC will pulverize FS especially now that we seen that Russellville can give them a run for their money! Central was 1 play away from beating Belfry which little Russellville couldn't even score on!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Make no mistake! Paintsville and Johnson Central will roll out of BG with 1A and 4A Titles. Beechwood will get trampled by the TIGERS of Paintsville and JC will pulverize FS especially now that we seen that Russellville can give them a run for their money! Central was 1 play away from beating Belfry which little Russellville couldn't even score on!

Beechwood wins 1A...
I Rule The World Wrote:Beechwood wins 1A...

Be similar to last year! Just substitute Paintsville in Pikeville's spot! Title will remain in the East for yet another year!
mysonis55 Wrote:Beechwood will do to Paintsville what they did to NCC.

It slipped my mind that Beechwood just beat NCC badly when I posted, but I'm still not sure who takes West Russellville did give Franklin-Simpson all they wanted for 3 quarters. I do think a Russellville/Beechwood winner will win it all. I don't think the east is as good as last year.
My picks are same as Killbilly. Except I have Paintsville winning 1A
mysonis55 Wrote:5a

Winners round 1
Owensboro
Greenwood
Christian Co
Bowling Green
Fern Creek
Dixie Heights
Highlands
Cov Cath
S Oldham
Anderson Co
N Bullitt
Madison So
Southwestern
N Laurel
Pulaski Co
Whitley co
Round 2
Owensboro
Bowling Green
Dixie Heights
Cov Cath
S Oldham
Madison So
Southwestern
Pulaski Co

Round 3
BG
Cov Cath
Madison So
Southwestern

Round 4
BG
Southwestern

State Champs
Bowling Green
what about whitley co were do they stand surely they can win in round 1
Do you reckon whitley will win a game in the playoffs.
killbilly usmc Wrote:It slipped my mind that Beechwood just beat NCC badly when I posted, but I'm still not sure who takes West Russellville did give Franklin-Simpson all they wanted for 3 quarters. I do think a Russellville/Beechwood winner will win it all. I don't think the east is as good as last year.

You obviously haven't seen Paintsville play. They are much more balanced
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Make no mistake! Paintsville and Johnson Central will roll out of BG with 1A and 4A Titles. Beechwood will get trampled by the TIGERS of Paintsville and JC will pulverize FS especially now that we seen that Russellville can give them a run for their money! Central was 1 play away from beating Belfry which little Russellville couldn't even score on!

I agree with you Blue_Bird, if JC plays the playoffs the way they did against Belfry they'll be favored in 4A and hard to beat. My son plays at Belfry but starting this Friday I'm rooting for all Eastern KY teams. Love to see the East bring home a bunch of trophies. Good luck to Belfry, JC, Pikeville, Paintsville, and the rest of OUR Eastern KY teams.
#51PirateFan Wrote:I agree with you Blue_Bird, if JC plays the playoffs the way they did against Belfry they'll be favored in 4A and hard to beat. My son plays at Belfry but starting this Friday I'm rooting for all Eastern KY teams. Love to see the East bring home a bunch of trophies. Good luck to Belfry, JC, Pikeville, Paintsville, and the rest of OUR Eastern KY teams.

There will be 3 brought back east ! West just doesn't have it this year!
1a paintsville over Russellville
2a mayfield handily over Danville
3a Corbin over Central it's not in me to pick against Corbin. If Corbin doesn't make it belfry will win it for sure. Still think Central is the best in the west.
4-a Johnson Central over franklin Simpson
5-a bowling green over southwestern
6-a male over lafayette
I love this time of year. This is what it is all about. I appreciate you guys and gals joining in on this conversation. I realize this is primarily an eastern site, but, you really have to realize that this year more are coming back west than east. I see one title going east and it is not totally impossible for that one to come back west. It will take one heck of a performance by CC, but they have some serious speed and are hard to cover all the weapons.
mysonis55 Wrote:I love this time of year. This is what it is all about. I appreciate you guys and gals joining in on this conversation. I realize this is primarily an eastern site, but, you really have to realize that this year more are coming back west than east. I see one title going east and it is not totally impossible for that one to come back west. It will take one heck of a performance by CC, but they have some serious speed and are hard to cover all the weapons.

I'm just glad you picked 2 teams Corbin beat in your finals and soon to be belfry another words that would be 4 teams counting mayfield...:Cheerlead Come on Redhounds beat them TongueirateSho
64, I thought you were sober at Lindsey Wilson. Corbin didn't beat Mayfield.
Pages: 1 2 3 4