Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Class 5A Rankings 10/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Bowling Green
2 S. Oldham
2 Cov Catholic
4 Greenwood
5 Pulaski Co
6 Christian Co
7 Owensboro
8 Fern Creek
9 Southwestern
10 Whitley Co

What's your thoughts?
The west is dominant in 5A.
Go ahead and rank South Laurel 6th PC is just that good
SW is ranked too low. Should be 6 or 7.That will change come Friday.
I agree SW is ranked too low. After back to back dominating wins against the two teams Pulaski has struggled to put away in the last two weeks you cannot convince me that Pulaski is 5th. People drink the Kool-Aid but this is not the same PC team of the last 3 years.
We are getting like the Lit ratings. Owensboro beats Christian Co, so naturally Christian Co should be ranked higher.
speakthetruth Wrote:I agree SW is ranked too low. After back to back dominating wins against the two teams Pulaski has struggled to put away in the last two weeks you cannot convince me that Pulaski is 5th. People drink the Kool-Aid but this is not the same PC team of the last 3 years.

Well, lets see.....Pulaski is 7-1 with their only loss being to a 6A team and SW lost to a 2A team and a 3A team. Seems like pretty simple logic to me.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Well, lets see.....Pulaski is 7-1 with their only loss being to a 6A team and SW lost to a 2A team and a 3A team. Seems like pretty simple logic to me.

Corbin and Danville are Two of the top teams in each class as well...but you fail to mention that.
Here is how I feel SW is better. Schedules seem to be a wash maybe a slight edge to SW since their #2 and 3 are better than PC's #2 and 3. PC has played Scott County but their #2 and #3 teams are Rock and Harlan. Southwestern has played #1 Corbin #2 Danville and #3 Knox Central (before injury to RB)
Pc would not beat either team ranked 1 and 2 on SW schedule. Knox Central beat Harlan and played Wayne Co closer than PC did in scrimmage. They play Rock on Friday so should be a true gauge on each teams #2 and #3 teams. I base rankings on sos of schedule....margin of victory....and stats. Lets say schedules are a wash, if you traded schedules records would be the same. Don't forget Danville running clocked Boyle county so not like their team is a fluke and Corbin is Corbin. So I can't put much weight into schedule. When it comes to like opponents SW has beat teams worse than PC. Lincoln scored 7 on SW and had 250 yards of offense. Lincoln scored 31 on PC and had 500+ yards of offense. SW beat SL like a drum varsity score was 62-6 with varsity running one series in the third.
SL had multiple shots to beat PC but lost 28-27. So like opponents goes to SW. Statistically SW has the edge. They score more points, win by more points, have more rushing and passing yards, have the #1 ranked receiver in
5A the number 4 passer and running back in 5A. With schedules so even and SW beating like opponents by more and have a statistical edge I feel SW is better. Simple being 7-1 doesn't paint an adequate picture. There are 8-0 teams right now that have multiple opponents who have not won a game. When I see a Madison Southern team struggle to beat Lincoln and Garrard then play pc to a 2 td game and hold PC to 28 then I question things. When Harlan plays them to a 12 point game then Harlan loses by 10 to NLaurel who lost to Lincoln. Too many of those games for me to see PC as the #5 team.
speakthetruth Wrote:Corbin and Danville are Two of the top teams in each class as well...but you fail to mention that.
Here is how I feel SW is better. Schedules seem to be a wash maybe a slight edge to SW since their #2 and 3 are better than PC's #2 and 3. PC has played Scott County but their #2 and #3 teams are Rock and Harlan. Southwestern has played #1 Corbin #2 Danville and #3 Knox Central (before injury to RB)
Pc would not beat either team ranked 1 and 2 on SW schedule. Knox Central beat Harlan and played Wayne Co closer than PC did in scrimmage. They play Rock on Friday so should be a true gauge on each teams #2 and #3 teams. I base rankings on sos of schedule....margin of victory....and stats. Lets say schedules are a wash, if you traded schedules records would be the same. Don't forget Danville running clocked Boyle county so not like their team is a fluke and Corbin is Corbin. So I can't put much weight into schedule. When it comes to like opponents SW has beat teams worse than PC. Lincoln scored 7 on SW and had 250 yards of offense. Lincoln scored 31 on PC and had 500+ yards of offense. SW beat SL like a drum varsity score was 62-6 with varsity running one series in the third.
SL had multiple shots to beat PC but lost 28-27. So like opponents goes to SW. Statistically SW has the edge. They score more points, win by more points, have more rushing and passing yards, have the #1 ranked receiver in
5A the number 4 passer and running back in 5A. With schedules so even and SW beating like opponents by more and have a statistical edge I feel SW is better. Simple being 7-1 doesn't paint an adequate picture. There are 8-0 teams right now that have multiple opponents who have not won a game. When I see a Madison Southern team struggle to beat Lincoln and Garrard then play pc to a 2 td game and hold PC to 28 then I question things. When Harlan plays them to a 12 point game then Harlan loses by 10 to NLaurel who lost to Lincoln. Too many of those games for me to see PC as the #5 team.

I stopped reading after scrimmage.. You do to much comparing scores
Ninja, didn't you just compare scores to come up with your prediction in the SW vs. PC thread? Or was that just to hang up in the locker room? Pulaski is good and last weeks score is no indication of what will happen this week. I have a feeling that Pulaski spent all last week preparing for the Warriors and probably didn't put a lot of thought into South Laurel. Pulaski will play their best game this Friday, they always do against the Warriors.
Bowling Green
Covington Catholic
Christian County
Greenwood
Pulaski County
Owensboro
Southwestern
South Oldham
Dixie Heights
Fern Creek
Ninja Wrote:I stopped reading after scrimmage.. You do to much comparing scores

Kywarrior14 Wrote:Ninja, didn't you just compare scores to come up with your prediction in the SW vs. PC thread? Or was that just to hang up in the locker room? Pulaski is good and last weeks score is no indication of what will happen this week. I have a feeling that Pulaski spent all last week preparing for the Warriors and probably didn't put a lot of thought into South Laurel. Pulaski will play their best game this Friday, they always do against the Warriors.
First off I must call your bluff....I compared no scores before scrimmage....so you must have read the entirety of the post.
That's exactly what he did his exact quote was "Pulaski can't contain Mr Football candidates at the skills positions. SW has proved to be a good team this year Pulaski not so much SW 35 PC 6"

So in essence I agree with him, think the score will be closer, but because I went into depth about why I fell that way and gave scores of some games I did too much. How exactly he came to his conclusion I will never know. He surely did not compare scores *cough cough.....must have a crystal ball.
Bowling Green to lose South Oldham not #2. Greenwood Gators are the sleeper
Kywarrior14 Wrote:Ninja, didn't you just compare scores to come up with your prediction in the SW vs. PC thread? Or was that just to hang up in the locker room? Pulaski is good and last weeks score is no indication of what will happen this week. I have a feeling that Pulaski spent all last week preparing for the Warriors and probably didn't put a lot of thought into South Laurel. Pulaski will play their best game this Friday, they always do against the Warriors.

take a hint of sarcasm ... although the eye test is what I go by and SW does have the talent this year and will be a tough test
speakthetruth Wrote:First off I must call your bluff....I compared no scores before scrimmage....so you must have read the entirety of the post.
That's exactly what he did his exact quote was "Pulaski can't contain Mr Football candidates at the skills positions. SW has proved to be a good team this year Pulaski not so much SW 35 PC 6"

So in essence I agree with him, think the score will be closer, but because I went into depth about why I fell that way and gave scores of some games I did too much. How exactly he came to his conclusion I will never know. He surely did not compare scores *cough cough.....must have a crystal ball.

i guess you don't recall your own post.
speakthetruth Wrote:First off I must call your bluff....I compared no scores before scrimmage....so you must have read the entirety of the post.

speaknotruth, see if you can use his crystal ball an see what I'm going to tell you next. :gtfo: DUMMY
jim rome Wrote:speaknotruth, see if you can use his crystal ball an see what I'm going to tell you next. :gtfo: DUMMY

:thatsfunn from the guy who makes the most absurd picks every week....classic 44-2 what kind of pick is that