Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Class 3A Rankings 10/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Lex Cath
4 Central
5 Bardstown
6 Caldwell Co
7 Russell
8 Casey Co
9 Boyle Co
10 E-town

What's your thoughts?
Lex Cath and Central have worked themselves back to the top 5 after a tough early part of season.
This is in reference to The Boyle Co vs Lex Cath from last Friday night. The BGP post/ poll had Lex Cath losing in an overwhelming fashion. All post were referred to how BC has grown/ gelled together in their winning streak going to the game, how Chucky has prep going into that evening ( We have that before, right ). Also several mentioned that the total yards of both teams were slightly closer to be a blow out game. Perhaps Perry and his DC prep his ball club better. And here's the kicker.... Boyle and their fans are relying on their young group to bring them back to prominence. Continue next post pls.
I hate to be the burden of bad news Boyle Co coaches and fans... The Lex Cath boys making those plays, are all underclassmen. 11 QB is a freshman, 4 RB is a junior, 16 that caught a TD and a falling down catch is a soph, 4 of the 5 linemen are freshman, 2 soph and a junior, 1 and 2 jersey at WR both soph. On defense 38 w/ 2 int, is a junior, 7 w/ int and few PBU, a soph, safety 23 is a soph, LB 25 soph, D-line 59 and 40 junior and soph.... My point is that Boyle maybe young and talented and have bunch of returning next season, Lex Cath has some too. Now Boyle might meet them again in the regional and might beat them, but that's not the purpose of this post.
I'd flip 3-4. Other than that. Looks good
I think Corbin better than belfry.
^ no they aren't.
Well hopefully these two teams will get there chance to meet in the semi's and we will truly know
Brotherhood of Blue Wrote:Well hopefully these two teams will get there chance to meet in the semi's and we will truly know

Yes we will
I believe it's an uphill climb, but it can be done. Corbin is much better than last year.... If they can force a few turnovers, they can win if given the opportunity that they meet in week 4.. I believe it's Belfry, Corbin, and Central. Then everyone else. Central will be much improved come November, first week of December.
Well our defense is the same except our d end and one linebacker our offense is much improved from last year our line is big and fast and we have 4 halfbacks and 2 fullbacks that can take it to the house I agree it's between us and Corbin on this side and in the West it will be between Central and Lex. Cath. But Belfry is a better team than last year
We've took these three weeks to get all of our bangs and bruises took care of so we can come out healthy in the Playoffs
Belfry
Corbin
Lex Cath
Caldwell
Russell
Central
Boyle
Bardstown
Casey
Western Hills
FBfan4life Wrote:I hate to be the burden of bad news Boyle Co coaches and fans... The Lex Cath boys making those plays, are all underclassmen. 11 QB is a freshman, 4 RB is a junior, 16 that caught a TD and a falling down catch is a soph, 4 of the 5 linemen are freshman, 2 soph and a junior, 1 and 2 jersey at WR both soph. On defense 38 w/ 2 int, is a junior, 7 w/ int and few PBU, a soph, safety 23 is a soph, LB 25 soph, D-line 59 and 40 junior and soph.... My point is that Boyle maybe young and talented and have bunch of returning next season, Lex Cath has some too. Now Boyle might meet them again in the regional and might beat them, but that's not the purpose of this post.

I hate to be burden of bad news for you but Cath played one freshman and that was Allen. Better go watch the video on prepspin and write the numbers down and go check what year they are you are going to be surprised. I could list them for you but not gonna waste my time. Boyle may not beat Cath the next 10 years who knows but might as well get the info straight.
I love Corbin as much as anyone, but the Hounds are absolutely not better than Belfry. Do I think Corbin can beat Belfry? Yes I do, but it will take getting all the breaks and playing the game of their lives. Corbin's Defense is not just good, but very very good. They also don't play kids both ways so they are well rested late in the game unlike most teams. Despite all of that, both Corbin and Belfry both better not worry about each other until Thanksgiving weekend because you have to keep winning if you want this game to happen.
blackandgold4life Wrote:I hate to be burden of bad news for you but Cath played one freshman and that was Allen. Better go watch the video on prepspin and write the numbers down and go check what year they are you are going to be surprised. I could list them for you but not gonna waste my time. Boyle may not beat Cath the next 10 years who knows but might as well get the info straight.

I know that you are probably an intelligent dude, but if you READ my post correctly, I DID NOT mentioned anyone besides Allen that is a freshman. Read my post again and I listed all Lex Cath underclassmen that played and contributed Friday night and will continue to contribute the rest of the season and next. I did not mentioned anything about beating Lex Cath within the next 10 yrs or vise versa.... But my point is and I am sure you may also have an account on BGP, ALL of Boyle Co banking on the next few years being good and beating Lex Cath because of their underclassmen.
I stand corrected. RG Rumpke is a freshman as well.
blackandgold4life Wrote:I hate to be burden of bad news for you but Cath played one freshman and that was Allen. Better go watch the video on prepspin and write the numbers down and go check what year they are you are going to be surprised. I could list them for you but not gonna waste my time. Boyle may not beat Cath the next 10 years who knows but might as well get the info straight.

Oh and another thing, I don't need to watch on Prepspin. I am highly involved with Central KY HS athletics and with Lex Cath so I do know what grade these kids are.
If it does come down to Belfry/Corbin Semi-Final....no doubt it will be a war. It will really be a war if Belfry isn't healthy. They had no less than 6-7 starters in street clothes against Warrensville Heights last week. Belfry has been snake bit all year with nagging injuries from Day 1 of practice. In fact, I would guess the Pirates haven't played two full quarters all season with their entire complement of starters.

Strange things certainly happen....and injuries, penalties and turnovers will play a huge role in the outcome ....IF... the game comes about. Still an IF at this point....although I can't see anyone keeping Belfry or Corbin from teeing it up on Black Friday.
:igiveup:
FBfan4life Wrote:I know that you are probably an intelligent dude, but if you READ my post correctly, I DID NOT mentioned anyone besides Allen that is a freshman. Read my post again and I listed all Lex Cath underclassmen that played and contributed Friday night and will continue to contribute the rest of the season and next. I did not mentioned anything about beating Lex Cath within the next 10 yrs or vise versa.... But my point is and I am sure you may also have an account on BGP, ALL of Boyle Co banking on the next few years being good and beating Lex Cath because of their underclassmen.

So your post doesn't say 4 of the 5 linemen are freshman? If that isn't what it says you have my apologies. And all I know is I looked up all the numbers of the young men playing on the field and the only freshman I seen on the field in the first half of was Allen of Catholic and 2-3 from Boyle. Now maybe KHSAA has all the numbers and the class they are In wrong because that is where I got my info.
And if you are worried about people on another forum post over there why run over here?
blackandgold4life Wrote::igiveup:

So your post doesn't say 4 of the 5 linemen are freshman? If that isn't what it says you have my apologies. And all I know is I looked up all the numbers of the young men playing on the field and the only freshman I seen on the field in the first half of was Allen of Catholic and 2-3 from Boyle. Now maybe KHSAA has all the numbers and the class they are In wrong because that is where I got my info.

Post #4, I stated " 4 of the 5 O-line are freshman are freshman, 2 soph and a junior. And again I don't go by KHSAA roster or Prepspin or other source. I know most of the players and why don't I post on the other site... I have and it's very comical over there. I am waiting on Jack Lambert to come on here cause he sure talked a bunch of BGP.
FBfan4life Wrote:Post #4, I stated " 4 of the 5 O-line are freshman are freshman, 2 soph and a junior. And again I don't go by KHSAA roster or Prepspin or other source. I know most of the players and why don't I post on the other site... I have and it's very comical over there. I am waiting on Jack Lambert to come on here cause he sure talked a bunch of BGP.

Ok, so either you don't know the kids as well as you think you do or a parent from Catholic doesn't know what they are talking about. I confirmed this morning Cath only dresses 2 freshman for varsity games and one hasn't seen the field in a game yet.
To put this baby to rest and to throw a pie in your face again... 2 freshman DOES start for Lex Cath Sir. Right guard by the name of Rumpke starts. Son of LB coach and of course QB Allen recently started games for them. So whomever you received your source, better do some FACT FINDING. 2 freshman that suits up for Lex Cath HAVE STARTED OR SEEN THE FIELD.
:popcorn:
FBfan4life Wrote:To put this baby to rest and to throw a pie in your face again... 2 freshman DOES start for Lex Cath Sir. Right guard by the name of Rumpke starts. Son of LB coach and of course QB Allen recently started games for them. So whomever you received your source, better do some FACT FINDING. 2 freshman that suits up for Lex Cath HAVE STARTED OR SEEN THE FIELD.

Your not in the know as much as you think you are no need in me arguing with you any longer because Rumpke is a sophmore and that has been verified so if you want to keep thinking you play all these freshman by all means go ahead. There are several sophomores playing but only one freshman.
And throw all the pies you want because you also went from 4 freshman linemen starting to trying to figure out if you have one which you don't!
Have to laugh about all this bickering. No one knows what the next few years will look like. May be a whole new group of players that "move" to some of these schools in the off season.
I never can keep it strait. If Belfry and Corbin meet. Where will it be played? The game was at BELFRY last year
skully03 Wrote:I never can keep it strait. If Belfry and Corbin meet. Where will it be played? The game was at BELFRY last year

If they were to meet up, it would be at Corbin.
Pages: 1 2