Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox central @ Rockcastle county 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Knox comes to rock for a big district game. If the rockets win they win the district championship. If Knox win and beats Corbin they are district champs. Since the parkey era began its been all Knox. Knox comes in winning the last 8 games. Is this the year Parkey and the rockets get the victory over the panthers.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Knox comes to rock for a big district game. If the rockets win they win the district championship. If Knox win and beats Corbin they are district champs. Since the parkey era began its been all Knox. Knox comes in winning the last 8 games. Is this the year Parkey and the rockets get the victory over the panthers.

Make it 9 games ROCKSOLID69.....But this is a plus for Rockcastle County if you not what I mean....This is Corbin payback tour this year Knox Central want beat Corbin. Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:

Knox Central 21
Rockcastle County 14
Coach Russell will have the Panthers ready for the Rock. If you remember in 2011 rock was a big favorite in that game. Coach Russell came out with one of the best game plans ever against rock. That year KC was a run run team, but in that game they came out and ran the ball about 4 times the whole game. They passed all over rock cause no one was expecting KC to throw the ball. Ran a 4 wide set the entire game and caught rock completely off gaurd. Not saying KC is going to pass the whole game. But just look for something that coach Russell has up his sleeve.
In the words of the great Jim Ross this is going to be a slobber knocker!!!
Since the game is at the Rock I will go with the home team by 6...
Knox isn't going to throw it much. QB can't do it.
This game is too close to call. Knox has Rock's number and Knox was a much better team last season than Rock. I believed Rock could beat Wayne this season based on how close the games were between the two last season. I was right. However I am not comfortable saying that Rock can beat Knox Central.

I am confident enough to say that Rock will win district. Regardless of my respect for Knox Central, it is a tall order for virtually any team (much less one as banged up as Knox Central) to defeat Rockcastle County and Corbin in back to back weeks.
Knox 20-14
Panthers by 1.
I think Rock wins a close one at home!
As a Rock fan, this game is scarier than the thought of what Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton would begat if they procreated!
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
I was at the 2011 game. Rock got outcoached and that was for certain. I never saw such a coaching discombobulation. They couldn't regroup at all.
I'm expecting a big game from Rockcastle seniors on senior night. Not only is this the biggest class coach Parkey has had, but this may be the best group to come through Rock since 2007. Most are 3 to 4 years players but was banged up majorty of last season. They will come into friday almost 100% healthy. It's been a while since that has happen.
Knox Central - 21

Rockcastle County - 14
QB change and will see different team at Knox.
need a qb change needed one all year and we wouldn't be in this mess don't get me wrong the qb we have now is a heck of a athelete but no quarter back
Rockcastle County - 28

Knox Central - 20
May be Rock by 20 or Rock by 1 but they will find a way to get it done. Margin is not important.
Will knox put renfro at qb. I heard he came back after playing the first half of the season at bourbon county
These teams will get after each other. Pads will be popping
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Will knox put renfro at qb. I heard he came back after playing the first half of the season at bourbon county
He played qb against Corbin's jv Monday. At least 75% of his plays under center he threw the ball. It was obvious they were working on their passing game. My personal opinion is he looked pretty good as a passer.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Will knox put renfro at qb. I heard he came back after playing the first half of the season at bourbon county

Like I said coach Russell and game plan.:eyeroll:
Corbin's JV is not the Rock.
Rockcastle will be in the quarterback's face all night long. Go Rockets!
Renfro was so successful at Bourbon against the Rock. He took a hit like Michael Spinks. (For those under 40 see YouTube : Spinks vs Tyson) Done by halftime. Knox has a much better O-line, but I am not sure he is going to be the savior of their season. I hope they abandon their offense, and let him throw all over the field. I believe Rock beats them by double digits if they do. I don't think he is better than Linsey from Wayne and Rock still found a way. In a 7 on 7 this summer Rock was up to the challenge. I believe that was including Carton. Add in a the Rock pass rush and a QB throwing in his first game with Knox this season and I see a Rock dubya.
Why did he leave Bourbon
Rock will be tough this year, no doubt. Looking forward to the battle. Youngest son is a senior. Last trip to Rock for me ever likely. Win or lose, its been fun being a HS football parent. I have made a butt of myself many times getting upset at this or that. But all in all - I consider it a blessing to have had sons healthy enough to survive this crazy game. Rock is a proud tradition and a worthy opponent. May the team with a heart to win and work to match prevail.
diceman Wrote:Why did he leave Bourbon

He quit during the bourbon and paintsville game. Said he just walked out.
Well said Football1. Sometimes on here I think we forget that these are parents and their children who devote hours of time for their schools and their teams. It's great to have passion for each program but it's a blessing to be around the players that show so much dedication to this game. They are truly a cut above a lot of other young people, and a lot of older people, for that matter.
Football1 Wrote:Rock will be tough this year, no doubt. Looking forward to the battle. Youngest son is a senior. Last trip to Rock for me ever likely. Win or lose, its been fun being a HS football parent. I have made a butt of myself many times getting upset at this or that. But all in all - I consider it a blessing to have had sons healthy enough to survive this crazy game. Rock is a proud tradition and a worthy opponent. May the team with a heart to win and work to match prevail.

Your a class act Dave my man. Think the world of your oldest boy...never really knew the youngest very well. Because of you and a few others from Knox County, I think a lot of Knox Central and wish you all the best and hope everybody on both teams gets out healthy, no matter the outcome. If you'll remember, in 2011 (the game mentioned earlier) there was a group of horses arses that stood behind the Rock sidelines heckling the players and that while I was attempting to get some medical attention for my injured son who was laying on the ground with a hip injury that seemed very serious at the time. (He was out three weeks that being his sophomore year) If not for your class and few others, I would think far less of KC than I do. Enjoy these last few games and I hope you get a chance, with your youngest, to have a GOOD experience with college football.:Thumbs:
This has been a great thread and I hope it continues to be.
Pages: 1 2