Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 42 Greenup County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to Ashland
Greenup peaked week 2 , stick a fork in them
Congrats Ashland
Ashland has improved dramatically since August.
E's Army Wrote:Ashland has improved dramatically since August.

Yes we have. This is one of the better passing attacks that I've seen at Ashland. The defense is smothering their opponents right now. Does anyone know what started the pushing and shoving after the game between the players? By the way thank you Greenup for refusing to go under center while on the goalline in our territory.
Oh boy .. Pushing after the game ?? Now Ashland players will be all over social media by Greenup parents saying how dirty they play and how disrespectful they are just like they did Raceland players . When you fight with every team you play it might be you just saying
Maybe they were pissed to see Ashland punch one in with under a minute to go and the game already in hand.
Paula Dean Wrote:Maybe they were pissed to see Ashland punch one in with under a minute to go and the game already in hand.

If they were that upset then perhaps the defense should have done something to stop them from scoring.
Orange Blaze Wrote:If they were that upset then perhaps the defense should have done something to stop them from scoring.

You going to be saying that after Paintsville scores time and time again when the game is well in hand and their starters are still on the field? Nothing you can do this week but only hope they have some sympathy and let off the gas instead of embarrassing you on your home field.
Paula Dean Wrote:You going to be saying that after Paintsville scores time and time again when the game is well in hand and their starters are still on the field? Nothing you can do this week but only hope they have some sympathy and let off the gas instead of embarrassing you on your home field.

If that happens then yes I would say the same thing. Just because you aren't playing well doesn't make you entitled to have the other team put on on the breaks and take it easy. It's football. If you don't want to be embarrassed then play better.
Paula Dean Wrote:Maybe they were pissed to see Ashland punch one in with under a minute to go and the game already in hand.

Coach Love's responsability is his team not the feelings of Greenup County. Greenup had 11 on the field just like Ashland did and they had plenty chances of stopping them but didn't.
Scoreboard doesn't indicate how close the game was. 14-14 halftime and 21-14 at start of 4th.
Ashland scored late in 4th with game well in hand. I believe the Greenup head coach took up for his team and said something to Ashland coach about running up the score, that is was caused the post game friction. Greenup players were a class act the entire night even during the post game, Greenup players stayed away and Ashland players were swarming around Greenups coach.
Funny how Greenup is never at fault or is somehow always getting the short end of the stick. Its having a massive trickle down affect as well. All the way into their JFL programs. BUT. Give Grizzle time and he will fix these issues.
Be carful what you wish for.
Now I understand the sideline behavior. Not good.
Eagle84 Wrote:Be carful what you wish for.

Meaning?
Bluegrass01 Wrote:Now I understand the sideline behavior. Not good.

What went on?
Were you at that game?? Probably not because you wear orange and wear the orange goggles. In the last 2 years, there has been a scuffle with Ashland for one reason...tempers. Coach Grizzle was taking up for his boys and Coach Love was taking it on Grizzle for the scuffle last year which Grizzle had no part in. IMO, the veteran coaches in our area including Racelands have taken their opportunity to intimidate a young brand new head coach and the fact is he's not backing down. Ashland made a point to be disrespectful to our field on senior night. I feel like our coaches and players handled it well until pushed too far and then still handled it well. Ashland tried their best to engage Greenup in an all out brawl and it didn't work. My only disappointment with this situation was the fact that the GC players went to the field house to avoid any further altercations and robbed the seniors of having their moment post game on their field for the last time. So in closing, unless you were there and witnessed things firsthand, please don't make a blanket statement. Our boys aren't angels and they can be rowdy but last Friday night, they absolutely handled themselves well and demonstrated class and I contribute that to our coaching staff. This is in response to Scotty Bronson's post
GCFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:Were you at that game?? Probably not because you wear orange and wear the orange goggles. In the last 2 years, there has been a scuffle with Ashland for one reason...tempers. Coach Grizzle was taking up for his boys and Coach Love was taking it on Grizzle for the scuffle last year which Grizzle had no part in. IMO, the veteran coaches in our area including Racelands have taken their opportunity to intimidate a young brand new head coach and the fact is he's not backing down. Ashland made a point to be disrespectful to our field on senior night. I feel like our coaches and players handled it well until pushed too far and then still handled it well. Ashland tried their best to engage Greenup in an all out brawl and it didn't work. My only disappointment with this situation was the fact that the GC players went to the field house to avoid any further altercations and robbed the seniors of having their moment post game on their field for the last time. So in closing, unless you were there and witnessed things firsthand, please don't make a blanket statement. Our boys aren't angels and they can be rowdy but last Friday night, they absolutely handled themselves well and demonstrated class and I contribute that to our coaching staff. This is in response to Scotty Bronson's post
And one last thing..when GC JV played Ashland on Monday at Ashland, they had an armed policeman patrolling GC sideline like they were criminals. It was a little over the top.
Typical of the Ashland thugs. Even more typical of Ashland folks condoning such behavior. I wonder how big of thugs they will be Friday?