Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 62 Lewis County 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Congrats to Devils
I am sure that Russell had their 2nd and 3rd strings in for this game to get some experience for future. Still was surprised giving up the 28 points when against Fleming and West Carter we held them to 3 and 7 points during those better offensive teams. The offense does seem to be coming around in the last 3 or 4 games. My question in the game was the Nick Conley being ejected from the game. We have heard one person say that will be 2 games suspension. First, is that true he will be out 2 games? Has Coach Maynard spoke about the Ejection after the game and said how many games if any he will be suspended? I thought it depended on the Ejection for the players if anything takes place in future games?
Nick Conley got ejected in the 3rd quarter.
Anyway Congrats to Nick Conley on passing Kasey Clark for 2nd in Rushing in Russell history.
I know its been discussed here and other forums about Nick Conley and his ejection tonight in the 3rd quarter. One fan said it would be 2 games for the ejection. I didn't think the ejection was a 2 game suspension. Did any fans listen to any of the post-game comments from Coach Maynard and was anything discussed about ejection and if there would be any suspension for Nick Conley? I am sure it was discussed by Head Coach Maynard after the game.
david5164 Wrote:I know its been discussed here and other forums about Nick Conley and his ejection tonight in the 3rd quarter. One fan said it would be 2 games for the ejection. I didn't think the ejection was a 2 game suspension. Did any fans listen to any of the post-game comments from Coach Maynard and was anything discussed about ejection and if there would be any suspension for Nick Conley? I am sure it was discussed by Head Coach Maynard after the game.
Yes Maynard thought it was 2 but had heard 1 so he wasn't exactly sure.
I found this from khsaa

8) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum two additional games/ meets/contests suspension for any participant ejected from a contest in all sports and sport-activities except football.
(9) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum one additional contest suspension for any participant ejected from a scrimmage or contest in football.
The way i read it is that it was indefinate pending review and re-enstatment by the commisioner
I had read that in the KHSAA but didn't see where it said except Football.
So, Nick Conley will be out for the Bath County game next week and back for the Raceland game. For the Russell vs. Raceland game to be a Great Competitive game in two weeks we need Nick Conley back at RB bad against Raceland.
I had read in the KHSAA about the indefinite part in the KHSAA Rules. That meant that the Head Coach has to report the ejection in 24hrs to the KHSAA and ask for his reinstatement. Also, the Head Coach can ask for NO suspension and have it reviewed by KHSAA for them to make the decision on the EJECTION. If the board agrees with the ejection then since the Head Coach has reported the Ejection and asked for reinstatement then since it is Football the player will get 1 game suspension. If the head coach for some reason which I don't see from any Head Coach doesn't report all of this about the ejection in 24 hrs. then its left up to KHSAA board to come down with their own decision on suspension.
What was he doing in the game at that point? I didn't even bother going or listening how did lewis county goat him into doing something foolish?
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:What was he doing in the game at that point? I didn't even bother going or listening how did lewis county goat him into doing something foolish?
He made a hard hit on the ball carrier. It looked clean, but i guess the refs thought he drove him into the ground with excessive force. Nick was questioning the call with a little too much passion. He may have mouthed something both times to have draw the flag.