Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paducah Tilghman @ Union Co. updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3A-1 district game second quarter at Morganfield, Ky.

Paducah Tilghman 21

Union Co. - 0
Tilghman 27 - Union Co. 0

close to end of 1st half.
Tilghman 35

Union Co. - 0

end of 1st half
Final was 54-0. I would have never expected this score. I actually thought they might lose to every team in the district except trigg. This score is what Tilghman should be doing with all the talent they have unfortunately won't be long before we get the usual substandard game from them again. I do hope Tilghman will get things figured out in the next couple of years, but I won't expect it. Tired of being let down by them.
I don't think people realize how young tilghman is this year. They only returned 3 players with much varsity experience. Inconsistency was to be expected. I get tired of all the negative comments. These kids are learning as they go. Talent is only one factor in a team. I feel for the seniors a great group of kids with 3 coaches in their 4 years .
Well I do think most people around this area are really pulling for Tilghman. I'm not familiar with there personal so if they are that young that may bode well. I've seen some of there recent middle school teams, and they look to have some good talent coming up. I can remember being young and when you heard the name Paducah Tilghman Blue Tornado, it would give you the feeling you was playing a team that was almost invincible. and I hated them. Now I miss not having that feeling, and am pulling for them. Western Kentucky football is just better when Tilghman is a beast, and I hope they keep moving forward in that direction.
I heard Union Co. had several key players out for various reasons. Any truth to that?
The criticism of Tilghman's performance this year has centered around a lack of effort. No one I have seen and heard seems upset at lack of experience and that also presumes no one played any JV or freshman ball. There were several half-hearted efforts, secondary not within 15 yards of a receiver and runners walking in uncontested. Endless penalties. Tilghman will likely earn a two seed. Maybe there's a pulse. You never know which team will show up to play.
Some confuse a lack of effort with confusion in a new system. Coach barber has talked about how young this team is a how immature many of them are. Over half of the starters should have been playing jv at the beginning of the year. There is a huge difference in varsity and JV especially with a new system.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:I heard Union Co. had several key players out for various reasons. Any truth to that?

Don't know for sure but I doubt there was 54 points worth of players missing