Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Warrensville Heights, OH @ Belfry 10/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Warrensville Heights seems improved over last years team, but there isn't a real frame of reference. Thoughts?
Belfry 42-7.
Pirates by 21
What I have seen of them (very little video of them out there mind you) is better than what I anticipated when we first added this game.

They have a REALLY good back.. probably the most athletically talented HB Belfry has seen this year and that includes the HB's KnoxCath had. He's got great size, maybe 6'0 195 or so it appears, and has absolute jets. Can catch out of the backfield as well. Quarterback has a decent, but not great, kind of arm. They rely on the big play a lot, especially in their passing game.

They have a lot of shear athletes on both sides. A whole lot of team speed. Good length as well, lots of tall players. Offensively they work out of the spread and do a good bit of zone read. Defensively they play very aggressive and will bring guys to the L.O.S. and use lots of blitzes.

That's what they do well.

Where Belfry is going to give them a ton of trouble is they are not a very fundamentally sound team. Their tackling borders on atrocious at times and they look like they hold a good bit on Offense, or lay one hit and don't keep contact with the DLine. For all the speed and athleticism, I wonder if they even have a strength and conditioning program though. Not a lot of muscle mass outside of the line (who seem to be out of shape) and a select couple guys. Lots of guys with body frame that would resemble a Freshman or Sophomore in Belfry's system. Not sure Belfry's physicality up front is going to bode well for them.

My Kentucky comparison is taking Louisville Moore and Fern Creek and finding a middle ground between the two. Not as well coached or deep as Fern Creek, but a little better than a Louisville Moore.

I think this team pops a couple big plays but Belfry wins in a game that is never in doubt, but never a running clock

I'll say Belfry 42-14
Here's some quick video on their HB... I am pretty impressed... if he had proper coaching at the next level I think he could play some D-1 football for sure... would be a good fit at a school like a Toledo

https://app.krossover.com/intelligence/r/20DE
We still have a few out so it might be a better game than we was expecting
Belfry

Haywood on Friday's opponent
Sounds like a Fayette County team. Lots of athletes but not much coaching.
E's Army Wrote:Sounds like a Fayette County team. Lots of athletes but not much coaching.

Little better level of athletes than those Fayette teams

Like I mentioned previously.. a cross between Louisville Moore and Fern Creek. Paducah Tilghman also comes to mind.

Or think of them like a Central without Scroggins as the Head Coach..
Scroggins does wonders with Central.
I guess they was going to make sure they got here on time I seen a charter bus pull in at the school at 1:00
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I guess they was going to make sure they got here on time I seen a charter bus pull in at the school at 1:00

Probably going to do some sight seeing.... go to a nice restaurant Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Probably going to do some sight seeing.... go to a nice restaurant Big Grin

Lol Dev said they were staying in Pikeville tonight I'd say they just wanted to get there feet back under them from that long bus ride
From what I hear we have 2-3 out on offense and 2-3 on defense resting up tonight.
Belfry going to be M.A.S.H. unit tonight

Starters out:
DT Horton
LB/FB Wellman
S Adkins
CB/WR/K Woolum
OG Scott
C Preece
Just a heads up for those following the WDHR stream it is doing that crap where commercials keep going if you dont manually hit refresh
Two fumbles recovered by Belfry, 1 by Warrensville

Fletcher with 8 yard TD
7-0 Belfry
3 and Out WH
Heavy Fletcher drive capped off by Corbett TD
14-0
3 and Out WH
END OF 1ST
14-0 Belfry
Belfry forced to punt after Jessie nearly made his second circus catch at the 3
Belfry recovers fumble at 4, 1st and Goal
Fletcher TD run