Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2017 Pike County Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pairings? List of teams?
The only thing I have heard was Belfry would be playing Huntington WV
If I were to guess, I'd say the surrounding Pike County teams will shift with Shelby Valley playing Phelps & Pike County Central playing East Ridge.

I haven't heard any news about who Pikeville or Belfry might play.

I wish that the PCB would go back to the format it had a few years ago with 3 locations and every Pike County team playing a team from another area. It mixed things up a bit and was something different. Different is good sometimes.
Suppose to be Huntington High playing in 17 and 18 from what I hear.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:I wish that the PCB would go back to the format it had a few years ago with 3 locations and every Pike County team playing a team from another area. It mixed things up a bit and was something different. Different is good sometimes.

Disagree wholeheartedly. That format just about killed the PCB. Bad games....very, very average attendance. The current format is not great with dual host sites...but with the overall Tradition of Pikeville and Belfry...one can see the reasoning.
i liked the old format but if it produced a low gate and bad games I can see the reasoning. Obviously Phelps would benefit playing a Class A opponent as opposed to a larger county school. That said everyone needs the gate money this bowl provides.
I can see each team playing different schools out of pike county but just having all the games at belfry an pikeville
I have heard Pikeville is going to be playing LCA
Coltsfan Wrote:I have heard Pikeville is going to be playing LCA

I heard the same thing