Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best defensive teams of 07?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What defenses will be powerhouses this coming year?
Any specific players?
I think Hazard will have a good d, not necessarily a powerhouse, but we'll be good. We return all but two players on defense and everyone will be steppin up, LB's John Howard, Bart Teague, and Michael Campbell will do big things, and Austin Maggard and TJ Searcy should do big things on the Dline as well. I also see Pikeville and Belfry having pretty good defenses as well....good luck all.
russell always has a good team (and d in partcular). harvey is an animal and jones is a very special player. i expect big years also out of greg bender and johnathan cornwell
leslie county is losing some key position players on d but the players comming in can get the job done leslie will have a good d in 07.
Prestonsburg will have one of the best defences in the mountains this year..last year, we had the best defence and this year we've only lost 3 starters
dfblackcat53 Wrote:Prestonsburg will have one of the best defences in the mountains this year..last year, we had the best defence and this year we've only lost 3 starters

I don't think you can say you had the best defense last year. You were mediocre at best.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:Prestonsburg will have one of the best defences in the mountains this year..last year, we had the best defence and this year we've only lost 3 starters

prestonberg souldnt hold russell's jock in 06. its my understanding that belfry beat you all in the playoffs. we went to belfry, held them to 31 rush yards in the game and gave them a big goose egg on the scoreboard.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I don't think you can say you had the best defense last year. You were mediocre at best.

up until the 7th game of the year we were ranked 1st
bizmark Wrote:prestonberg souldnt hold russell's jock in 06. its my understanding that belfry beat you all in the playoffs. we went to belfry, held them to 31 rush yards in the game and gave them a big goose egg on the scoreboard.

I wasnt putting russel down in the statement i made..not very many people could top russel in the mountains they're just a juggernaught..the only point i was stating is that prestonsburgs defence this year will be good because we are only losing 3 players from it.
well i didnt really see what you posted dfblackcat. i read train85s post and thought that thats what you said because of what he posted. wouldnt have said it how i said it if i would have read the post. we did watch film of you guys during you're playoff game with belfry and honestly i wasnt that impressed but you guys did have a young team.
last year belfry had an excellent defensive player #8 phillip hickman i think, he averaged near 15 tackles a game, and almost always at least one sack. any suggestions on where he will be playing next year?
Belfry's defense should be very solid. The Pirate defense was one of the better units in 2A last season and return 6 of the front seven. Hickman and May are definately the gamebreakers returning on defense. IMO, the lone question on the Pirate defense will be the secondary which lost Chapman, Epling, and Kohari.

FWIW, Prestonsburg wasn't even close to the best defense. Russell was easily the best defensive team in 2A last year, the Devils lost ALOT off that unit though.
bizmark Wrote:well i didnt really see what you posted dfblackcat. i read train85s post and thought that thats what you said because of what he posted. wouldnt have said it how i said it if i would have read the post. we did watch film of you guys during you're playoff game with belfry and honestly i wasnt that impressed but you guys did have a young team.

yeah we had 3 very key starters out that game..but this thread is about 07' so lets keep it on that
I think JC will have a great D.