Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final : Bardstown 75 Paintsville 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats Bardstown.
Congrats Bardstown
Congrats to the Tigers on a good run! But tonight they couldn't throw one in the ocean from 3 point land and that is where the 3 point shot kills you.

Landon 4 of 17, 1 of 7 from 3 point range
Van 1 of 7, 0 of 5 from 3 point range
JD 4 of 12, 1 of 7 from 3 point range

When those 3 shoot that bad, Paintsville usually loses!! It is that simple! (2 of 19 from 3 point range for these three). I guess it was just one of those nights?

Plus no bench play for the Tigers, only 4 bench points.

Good game for Blake Bundy again - 4 of 7, 1 of 1 from 3 point range, and 6 of 6 FT. Don't know why they didn't let him shoot more??

Congrats to Bardstown!
Tough loss for Paintsville, they just couldn't get anything going on either side of the ball. Congrats to Bardstown on the win.
Plus Bardstown shot 51.7% from the field! Either their lucky night or sloppy D by Paintsville. IMO it was a lot of both!
In their first game, Bardstown shot absolutely terrible from everywhere. I saw some highlights, and they looked very athletic from what I saw. They had a huge turn-around from last night's game.
This group continues to amaze me. They have been hyped for three years now and they still don't show me that they are really that much better. This group has been starting since 8th grade, then add a very solid player in Ferguson, and still don't have any consistency at all. Paintsville has been there before and should win these type games. Bardstown lost a lot from last year and the Tigers returned every player! Big Surprise!! Even the radio said if they beat Elliot they will cruise. Don't worry about getting to Rupp this year either...they just don't have what it takes for one reason or another!
Yeah, they had a huge turnaround from last night! But rare for good teams to have 2 really bad games in a row. They sure made up for it tonight with over 50% shooting. And Paintsville with 32% FG shooting and 21% 3 point shooting just couldn't hang with them tonight unfortunately!
bball fan Wrote:This group continues to amaze me. They have been hyped for three years now and they still don't show me that they are really that much better. This group has been starting since 8th grade, then add a very solid player in Ferguson, and still don't have any consistency at all. Paintsville has been there before and should win these type games. Bardstown lost a lot from last year and the Tigers returned every player! Big Surprise!! Even the radio said if they beat Elliot they will cruise. Don't worry about getting to Rupp this year either...they just don't have what it takes for one reason or another!
Since this group has been around, Paintsville has never made it to the All "A" State Tournament. So that statement is out of the question. Just because they don't live up to the "hype" doesn't mean that they are a bad team. I'd say that Bardstown would be a very tough team for anybody in the 15th Region to play against. As for getting to Rupp, they've still got time to get things together and play to their best. Even though the people on the radio said that we would cruise, that's why they play the game. Bardstown shot the ball terrible last night, and tonight may have just been their lucky night, or they were just off last night, but that's life.
bball fan Wrote:This group continues to amaze me. They have been hyped for three years now and they still don't show me that they are really that much better. This group has been starting since 8th grade, then add a very solid player in Ferguson, and still don't have any consistency at all. Paintsville has been there before and should win these type games. Bardstown lost a lot from last year and the Tigers returned every player! Big Surprise!! Even the radio said if they beat Elliot they will cruise. Don't worry about getting to Rupp this year either...they just don't have what it takes for one reason or another!

Can't argue with the fact that the Tigers sure haven't dominated like we would have expected. But I wouldn't count them out of going to Rupp though. The team that plays the best in March will go. It could be Paintsville, Shelby Valley, or who knows. Look at last year, JC went! Right now, I'd be afraid to say that any of the top 5 or so teams in the 15th wouldn't go to Rupp!
Paintsville was destroyed on the offensive glass. I'm suprised they were only defeated by 15. Congratulations Bardstown.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Can't argue with the fact that the Tigers sure haven't dominated like we would have expected. But I wouldn't count them out of going to Rupp though. The team that plays the best in March will go. It could be Paintsville, Shelby Valley, or who knows. Look at last year, JC went! Right now, I'd be afraid to say that any of the top 5 or so teams in the 15th wouldn't go to Rupp!

Good Point!! The 15th is... and always will be wide open!!!
BIGBLACK Wrote:Paintsville was destroyed on the offensive glass. I'm suprised they were only defeated by 15. Congratulations Bardstown.

Of course no team can get all of the offensive rebounds, but tonight Bardstown had 15 put backs which is the margin of victory. That is a coincidence. lol
EKY Sportster Wrote:Of course no team can get all of the offensive rebounds, but tonight Bardstown had 15 put backs which is the margin of victory. That is a coincidence. lol

You're tellin meSmile If they only allow half the put backs they are in the game. All in all, they represented Johnson Co. well. See you all February 15.
Congrats B-town, yeah P-ville couldnt throw one in the ocean plus they couldnt rebound. On either side of the glass.
Congrats B-town...But if a team shoots that bad then obviously most of the time they get the loss...keep ur head up paintsville, u still have the rest of the season!
Congrats Tigers on the run. Congrats B-Town on the victory!
I listened to some of the game on the radio. Like a quarter and a half of another one and all the announcers were saying, another put back by Bardstown. Iknew it Paintsville didnt rebound it was going to be a long night, and blocking out your man is so elementary. The easiest thing on the floor to do is block out. Keep your heads up guys and keep playing hard. Congrats to Bardstown.

Only 2 of them started for the Tigers in the 8th grade. JD and Blake. Griimy didn't even dress JV in the 8th and Van, Lando and Jared wasn't even there yet. But that doesn't excuse last night sgame. That is the worst I have ever seen them play. They beat them selves. Also when Blakes Buzzer beater was waived off, you could see the air come out of them also. It's over now. Time to get ready for 57th and hopefully the 15th. Keep your head up Tigers. Also, I will never say another bad thing about a 15th Reg, REF!! LOL!
The refs were AWFUL!!! Agree on that one OFFtheHook! Also thought them waving off Blake's buzzer beater was a big deflator too! Shots won't always fall every night---but good rebounding (blocking out) and solid D can overcome cold nights! If the Tigers will commit themselves to that they can be a team to be reckoned with. If they continue to live and die with their shooting things will remain inconsistent.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:The refs were AWFUL!!! Agree on that one OFFtheHook! Also thought them waving off Blake's buzzer beater was a big deflator too! Shots won't always fall every night---but good rebounding (blocking out) and solid D can overcome cold nights! If the Tigers will commit themselves to that they can be a team to be reckoned with. If they continue to live and die with their shooting things will remain inconsistent.
I agree
Paintsville needs to have their "A" classification revoked!!! They played so bad that they should be suspended from playing in the AllA for at least 10 years!
IMO, Bundy had a good game on offense, but absolutely noone played any defense or blocked out at all! I was so discusted with the effort, I couldn't wait to get back home!
One on one with nobody cutting or setting screens, and then getting lazy on defense will just get you embarassed like this game!
yes the ref's were horrible, yes Bundy's 75 footer was good, the buzzer went off with the ball at midcourt(he shot it from the foul line halway between the lane and sideline) but we did this to ourselves!!! We had plenty of chances but allowed lay up and putback after lay up or putback!
in the words of Uncle Jed...."Pitifull......"
I heard that 2 of P'ville's players were hurt during last nights game, does anyone know if this is true.
Old School Wrote:I heard that 2 of P'ville's players were hurt during last nights game, does anyone know if this is true.
Yes, JD was taken down by a personal foul in the first and badly injured his ankle, was unable to run or jump at all.
Van got an ankle injury early as well and really affected his play but nothing too serious.
The Guru Wrote:Yes, JD was taken down by a personal foul in the first and badly injured his ankle, was unable to run or jump at all.
Van got an ankle injury early as well and really affected his play but nothing too serious.

I hope both will be back to full strength soon.
Old School Wrote:I hope both will be back to full strength soon.
They will I am sure...it was just ankle sprains...so no excuses needed!!! LOL
did benchwarmer watch bardstown beat hazard?
The Guru Wrote:Yes, JD was taken down by a personal foul in the first and badly injured his ankle, was unable to run or jump at all.

I heard that J.D. injured his quad, but I maybe wrong.
Im sorry but the ref's were F*****G terrible this was almost a wrestling match, when the ball got insied the 3 point line the players was just nocking the crap out of each other lol. But it was a good game till the 4th.
I'm discusted. That was the worst display of reboundin I have ever seen. Bardstown got 30 points off put backs. Paintsville acted like they were scared to touch anyone on Bardstowns team, why IDK.

Heard Shane Grimm was taken to the hospital after the game to get his hand x-rayed. He hurt it when he got took out in mid air infront Paintsville's bench, he landed on it wrong I guess.
Pages: 1 2