Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Covington Catholic/Highlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins it?
Well,well,well....:popcorn:

COVINGTON CATHOLIC.....Should be a barn burner I know nothing Confusednicker:
Covington Catholic....

They will hang as many as they can on the Blue Birds.
If they can. They will unleash 10 years of frustration on the Birds.
I'm going with Cov. Cath. In this one
Covington Catholic by 21.
Cov Cath should be able to win this one.
But, can you imagine the frustration in Park Hills if somehow Highlands did pull this off?
The pressure is on the Colonels. The Birds have been crazy inconsistent and down right sloppy at times. Although, at home, they have scored at will on Scott Co and SK. If their offense plays like that they may get in the Colonels heads enough to make up for their weakness at Def and Oline.

How Birds could win:
Colonels 56
Birds 58

How Colonels could win:
Colonels 47
Birds 29
Birdman you're right. In the past 10 years there's been Cov Cath teams that could have beat them. But they get it in their heads they can't. If Highlands gets up on them by 2 touchdowns. They once again will doubt themselves.
Cov Cath finally gets a win over Highlands this year. How many years has it been now?
Covington Catholic by 30.
sstack Wrote:Cov Cath finally gets a win over Highlands this year. How many years has it been now?

2006 Cov Cath beat Highlands twice. The regular season was at Highlands and they won with a last second touchdown pass. In the playoffs they dominated the Birds in Park Hills. The Colonels went on to win state that year. Blesser and Bovard were the stars for them that year.
Does Highlands have any advantage? Yes mentally and pride. No one is expecting them to win. And deep down inside. They know it. They are at home. The crowd will be in it. And stay in it. If Highlands comes to play. I wasn't surprised Dixie beat them. But I was at the score. Highlands does have good skilled athletes. Are you telling me Dixie has better athletes? Is Highlands line on both sides of the ball that bad? That's hard to believe. But watch Highlands kick off team. Check out the numbers and see if any of them gets a lot of playing time. They load up on offense. And try to get by on defense. It's not working.
bo67 Wrote:Does Highlands have any advantage? Yes mentally and pride. No one is expecting them to win. And deep down inside. They know it. They are at home. The crowd will be in it. And stay in it. If Highlands comes to play. I wasn't surprised Dixie beat them. But I was at the score. Highlands does have good skilled athletes. Are you telling me Dixie has better athletes? Is Highlands line on both sides of the ball that bad? That's hard to believe. But watch Highlands kick off team. Check out the numbers and see if any of them gets a lot of playing time. They load up on offense. And try to get by on defense. It's not working.

I would say Highlands skill players: Gosney, Venneman, Posey, Huber, Murray, and Pulsfort are pretty good. The thing that Dixie had on their side was clock management. They have a great run game and kept that Highlands O off the field. Dixie and everyone else in the world have a major size advantage on the birds too. Highlands does have a psychological advantage though. The Colonels have to walk on that field that their team hasn't won on since they were in first grade and they are absolutely supposed to win. Birds have nothing to lose.

Birds are night and day when they play home and away this year as well. @campbell, @Dixie, @St X all total blunders. SK, Scott Co, Cooper hung in there till the end. I think the good birds show up this week and this game is a fun one regardless of outcome.
I would love to see this:
Murray: RB + 1/2time at LB
Posey: WR + 1/2time at DB
QB No. 2 - D Line he could be really good here. Sad
I think LB Dalton Cornett could be a great TE in some packages...

This is the game to do it...why not???
I think everyone knows that I said certain players should have gone both ways last year. I thought they had learned their lesson. But no. When you have limited athletes. You gotta do what you gotta do. That means both ways.
Cov Cath by 96
E's Army Wrote:Cov Cath by 96

Hmmm. That would be a pretty big payback. Probably still wouldn't make up for all those years though.
birdman44 Wrote:Hmmm. That would be a pretty big payback. Probably still wouldn't make up for all those years though.

Heck, that wouldn't even cover the point differential from some single seasons during the past 10 years, let alone the entire 10 years combined. I think in '08, Highlands beat Cov Cath twice by a combined score of 101-0.
I misspoke, it was 40-0 in the '07 playoffs and then 61-0 in the '08 regular season. So they weren't in the same season, but my general point remains.
If the blueboys cannot beat the bluebirds this regular season someone needs to sacrifice a bucket of chicken to jobu and say 13 hail marys...

Covcath by 14 if they can shake the hype!
That's the issue. The hype. I've talked to past Cov Cath players. They ALL said it got into their head. They didn't believe they could win. I say Cov Cath by 3 touchdowns. IF they just play the game. But if for some reason Highlands gets up up 14. How will Cov Cath react?
birdman44 Wrote:Hmmm. That would be a pretty big payback. Probably still wouldn't make up for all those years though.

Know what the hilariously hypocritical thing about that is? If CovCath puts up a bunch of points on Highlands, they'll be killed by the media and fans all over the area, yet Highlands beat teams by at least 50 a game for how many years and no one said a peep.

Funny how that works.
BFritz Wrote:Know what the hilariously hypocritical thing about that is? If CovCath puts up a bunch of points on Highlands, they'll be killed by the media and fans all over the area, yet Highlands beat teams by at least 50 a game for how many years and no one said a peep.

Funny how that works.

If Cov Cath hangs a score like 79-12 or some crazy beat down I wouldn't blame them at all. It would make me sick but I would not feel any ill will towards the Colonels. I also don't think the media would blame them either, and I know NKY football fans would love it. Eddie hasn't felt as much of the one-sidedness of the past 10 years though. He may be merciful if it gets out of hand.

It will be an awesome shootout though, this is COV CATH vs HIGHLANDS. Hopefully the video thing is running this week.
Does Cov Cath have any players go both ways?
A lot of frustrations to be vented in this one. Cov Cath will be a runaway train
Wow no video for this game?! LAME. isn't it 2016?