Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lincoln County @ Southwestern 10/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lincoln County comes into this game with a record of 1-6(0-1), scoring 25 points per game and are allowing 37 points per game. Southwestern currently has a record of 5-2(1-0), scoring 39 points per game while allowing 23 points per game.

Thoughts and predictions?
Southwestern too much for LC. 14+
Warriors by 20
Southwestern 56
Lincoln County 13

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Southwestern cause I'm not big on Abe Lincoln plus I'm from Southwestern part of the state.
Southwestern - 54

Lincoln County - 14
Southwestern is better than Pulaski. Pulaski won 41-17. Southwestern will win big and unlike pc vs lincoln it will never be close. Southwestern 60 Lincoln 7
SW wins by 30
speakthetruth Wrote:Southwestern is better than Pulaski. Pulaski won 41-17. Southwestern will win big and unlike pc vs lincoln it will never be close. Southwestern 60 Lincoln 7
Why do you think southwestern is better than Pulaski County ? Pulaski County has a better record than Southwestern and has one of the best players in the state on their team- just curious?
speakthetruth Wrote:Southwestern is better than Pulaski. Pulaski won 41-17. Southwestern will win big and unlike pc vs lincoln it will never be close. Southwestern 60 Lincoln 7
:lame: Until SW beats them you cant make that assumption. PC is still dangerous. Defense is solid and have possibly the best WR in state history not to mention their special teams are one of the best. O line is solid lead by Cox and Ridinger. The QB is back and in form. So...dont assume anything.
jumperdogpete Wrote:Why do you think southwestern is better than Pulaski County ? Pulaski County has a better record than Southwestern and has one of the best players in the state on their team- just curious?

Primarily I have watched them play. They lost a lot on both sides of the ball. QB play is not very good and the defense is not as solid (just gave up 30 to a bad Lincoln county team.) Southwestern has a D1 defensive tackle. A top 5 rusher, the number 2 ranked sophomore receiver over Jake Johnson who is ranked 4th, the number 4 ranked passer in 5a. Once stats are released for last week Southwestern's receiver may be ranked #1 and QB may move up as well. Their offense averages more points. They have put up more rushing and passing yards and have done so against a tougher schedule.

Slotback22 Wrote::lame: Until SW beats them you cant make that assumption. PC is still dangerous. Defense is solid and have possibly the best WR in state history not to mention their special teams are one of the best. O line is solid lead by Cox and Ridinger. The QB is back and in form. So...dont assume anything.

You also predicated Madison southern to beat pc so I assume you see the same things I do as it pertains to PC.

See above. Southwestern has multiple athletes ranked in 5a Pulaski has one. and he is ranked below Southwesterns wideout. Defense just gave up 30 to a bad Lincoln county team. Face the facts Lincoln is not very good and their line is very undersized yet Lincoln County ran at will on Pulaski the Carey kid had 260+ yards on them if you do not think SW's Patric Edwards and Lemmon will not do the same with a veteran line then you are just drinking the maroon Kool-Aid.

Yes you can make that assumption that happens on a yearly basis. That's why rankings exist. UK beat Duke in basketball last year but Duke is ranked ahead of UK this year? Have to look at returning players and stats and as of now SW has the advantage in both.
speakthetruth Wrote:Primarily I have watched them play. They lost a lot on both sides of the ball. QB play is not very good and the defense is not as solid (just gave up 30 to a bad Lincoln county team.) Southwestern has a D1 defensive tackle. A top 5 rusher, the number 2 ranked sophomore receiver over Jake Johnson who is ranked 4th, the number 4 ranked passer in 5a. Once stats are released for last week Southwestern's receiver may be ranked #1 and QB may move up as well. Their offense averages more points. They have put up more rushing and passing yards and have done so against a tougher schedule.

You also predicated Madison southern to beat pc so I assume you see the same things I do as it pertains to PC.

See above. Southwestern has multiple athletes ranked in 5a Pulaski has one. and he is ranked below Southwesterns wideout. Defense just gave up 30 to a bad Lincoln county team. Face the facts Lincoln is not very good and their line is very undersized yet Lincoln County ran at will on Pulaski the Carey kid had 260+ yards on them if you do not think SW's Patric Edwards and Lemmon will not do the same with a veteran line then you are just drinking the maroon Kool-Aid.

Yes you can make that assumption that happens on a yearly basis. That's why rankings exist. UK beat Duke in basketball last year but Duke is ranked ahead of UK this year? Have to look at returning players and stats and as of now SW has the advantage in both.
Whenever your SW receiver starts getting double and triple teamed every play and gets 300 more receptions and 4000 more yards plus a state title ring on his finger then you can start comparing the two. He is a good receiver and Southwestern has a talented team but dont judge PC by scoribg margins against opponents. There is always more to the story.
When we played Johnson made lots of receptions with 6 guys on him, he at 3 least of those jet tosses...i wonder how many "receptions" he has from jet?

Awesome player but the receptions record is misleading...
speakthetruth Wrote:Primarily I have watched them play. They lost a lot on both sides of the ball. QB play is not very good and the defense is not as solid (just gave up 30 to a bad Lincoln county team.) Southwestern has a D1 defensive tackle. A top 5 rusher, the number 2 ranked sophomore receiver over Jake Johnson who is ranked 4th, the number 4 ranked passer in 5a. Once stats are released for last week Southwestern's receiver may be ranked #1 and QB may move up as well. Their offense averages more points. They have put up more rushing and passing yards and have done so against a tougher schedule.

I have not lived hear but the last 6 years and it always seems that Southwestern has a D one player according to them and I have yet to see one. I have also seen both teams and the only D one player prospect on either team is big number 77 for Pulaski.
worncleat Wrote:When we played Johnson made lots of receptions with 6 guys on him, he at 3 least of those jet tosses...i wonder how many "receptions" he has from jet?

So the state yardage record he is about to break is mainly due to jet tosses? Hmmm.
worncleat Wrote:When we played Johnson made lots of receptions with 6 guys on him, he at 3 least of those jet tosses...i wonder how many "receptions" he has from jet?

:ChairHit:
SW 55 Lincoln 0
Southwestren with the win
He also had a very good QB in Riley Hall. Not doubting Jake's skill set but there are many kids with that talent they just do not have a riley hall at QB. When Riley went down and mason helton had to play QB those numbers fell off considerably.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Whenever your SW receiver starts getting double and triple teamed every play and gets 300 more receptions and 4000 more yards plus a state title ring on his finger then you can start comparing the two. He is a good receiver and Southwestern has a talented team but dont judge PC by scoribg margins against opponents. There is always more to the story.

Yea his name is Riley Hall
speakthetruth Wrote:He also had a very good QB in Riley Hall. Not doubting Jake's skill set but there are many kids with that talent they just do not have a riley hall at QB. When Riley went down and mason helton had to play QB those numbers fell off considerably.
Any receiver that breaks records has to have a good QB :biglmao:
Don't count the Maroons out yet. They have enough athletes to make this year's game very tough for the Warriors
You could combine Lincoln County and Pulaski County, and South Western would still win easily. People don't understand how good this team is. Bowling Green is the only team in 5A that has enough athletes to possibly stop Edwards, Lemmon, Pruitt, and Vaught. But I think South Western still beats BG in the championship 28-27. The Warriors will beat Lincoln 55-6, and they will beat Pulaski 35-13.
jim rome Wrote:You could combine Lincoln County and Pulaski County, and South Western would still win easily. People don't understand how good this team is. Bowling Green is the only team in 5A that has enough athletes to possibly stop Edwards, Lemmon, Pruitt, and Vaught. But I think South Western still beats BG in the championship 28-27. The Warriors will beat Lincoln 55-6, and they will beat Pulaski 35-13.
For a team "southwestern" that has never won anything their fans sure like to brag. I come from bowling green where they walk the walk!
Not sure how this turned into a SW vs PC thread, but my opinion is, you have to beat the best to be the best. SW will have that opportunity a week from tomorrow.
As far as this game goes, SW will win easily.

SW - 56

LC - 18
jumperdogpete Wrote:Any receiver that breaks records has to have a good QB :biglmao:

Primarily but Riley spent a lot of time hurt...hence the previous comment from a user about jet motion "passes" in Rileys absence and thus the reception record being skewed from those "catches." Jake is a huge talent but the downfield threat was non-existent without Riley. I feel there are other kids in highschool with Jake's skill set that never have the QB to show it. Take Vaught from southwestern currently 2nd in 5A take his QB away he is not even on the list.