Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland @ Greenup 10-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts? Predictions.
Tomcats 21
Musketeers 14
Ashland by 20
I am going with Ashland, only because it will be difficult for Greenup County to shake off the loss to Johnson Central so quickly.
I've said it all season... I think Greenup County gets the W and the 2nd place in the district.

Honestly, after last night.... Greenup County is gonna need some lucky bounces and a TD or five from Defense and Special Teams.
Ashland 34

Greenup County 17
The Muskaturds get beat down again
Assland 45
Muskaturds 13
Ashland 42
Greenup 0
At the beginning of the season I would have given the nod to Greenup but Ashland is playing much better than they did what the beginning of the season and they seem to have found themselves. I would like to see Greenup pull it off but they will need to play a flawless game to do it. I think it will be close for three quarters with Ashland pulling away late.

Ashland 36
Greenup 18
A few weeks ago I would have taken GC. But these teams have gone in opposite directions.

I'll take the Tomkittens by 14

Putty Tats 21
Mousketeers 7

Greenup just struggles so much to move the ball offensively.
Ashland - 38

Greenup County - 14
Tomcats roll

Kitties-35

Muskies- 16
Nobody giving Greenup much of a chance in this one.. They are 5-3 with all 3 of their losses coming against very good football teams. Russell, Raceland, and JC all ranked in the top 4 in the state of their respective classes. GC has one of the best defenses in the area.
Ashland 44
Greenup 14
Greenup has a good chance to win. Have to keep the Ashland offense off the field and limit their BIG play ability. Pressure Ratliff but keep him in the pocket. That said I think Ashland wins but in a close game 21-14.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Nobody giving Greenup much of a chance in this one.. They are 5-3 with all 3 of their losses coming against very good football teams. Russell, Raceland, and JC all ranked in the top 4 in the state of their respective classes. GC has one of the best defenses in the area.

I think GC has a chance but Ashland is just playing better now. Greenup's defense is good but is constantly pressed because their offense can't sustain drives and keep them off the field. Good teams simply just get more chances because the Greenip offense is so ineffective.
What is wrong with Greenup's offense? Do they play a lot of players both ways? I thought the new coach was supposed to be an offensive coach. Not trying to be critical, but I'm just honestly wondering why it is the same old story even with the new coach.
My opinion is they have a bunch of good hard nosed players which makes them very effective on defense but none of them are difference makers or play makers that pose an offensive threat. They don't have one guy that you fear is a threat to score if he touches the ball.
Greenup is averaging 28.5 pts per game so far.
Greenup has put up 30+ points all 5 of their wins. Maybe Russell, Raceland, and JC are just REALLY good on defense. Looks at those 3 teams schedules, nobody has scored on them.
Greenup offense has looked really good at times this year.
This time last year Greenup had only scored 160 total points. They are at 223 total this year, making them 4th best scoring team in the area. They play 2 QBs so its difficult to tell when looking at the ADI's stats but GC is 3rd in passing stats in the area..Sammons and Hunt have combined for 1,145 yds and 15 TDs, only Raceland and Fleming have better numbers. Jake Wright leads the area in TD receptions. First year running a true spread system.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Greenup has put up 30+ points all 5 of their wins. Maybe Russell, Raceland, and JC are just REALLY good on defense. Looks at those 3 teams schedules, nobody has scored on them.
Greenup offense has looked really good at times this year.

The Putty Tats have a pretty good defense too.
so you Greenup fans want everyone just to look at the stats against 0-6 Lewis co , 1-6 east carter , 1-6 Rowan co not Russell , JC or Raceland lol Greenup co is the third best team out of three in Greenup co
The times GC scored against Raceland and Johnson Central were (broken play against Raceland late) another late score against the 2's and against JC's 3's. I don't see Greenup scoring at all tonight, if they do it will be due to a broken play or Special Teams. Given the chance Ashland will run the score up. I hope for a good close game yet I am afraid we will be disappointed.