Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland at Fairview 10/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What does everyone think about this one?
The Rams kick of district play by going to Fairview. This rivalry game has always been a battle for the Rams and they better not come in thinking about the Tiges of Paintsville or they may come into that game with a blemished record. The Eagles got us at our place last year because we overlooked them but with all of the injuries Fairview has sustained I don't see it happening again. I think the rivalry will cause Fairview to come out strong early but the Rams depth and strength will be too much for them to overcome this year.

Raceland 48
Fairview 6
Running clock if the RAMS are focused.
Tick Tock running clock.
Rams on a mission , Eagles get off the track the train is coming through
Uh oh Confusednicker:

Raceland 49
Fairview 06
I look for a long night for Fairview! They made a few solid tackles and completed a couple solid passes but for the most part receivers just couldn't get open and I don't expect it to be any different vs the Rams! Just don't have enough to hang with Raceland!

Raceland 48
Fairview 7
Rams with a running clock.
SHOULD be ugly. My thoughts...

-Fairview has no depth, we have loads of it.
-Fairview has some play makers, we have just as good, probably better and more of them.
-Fairview has 1 remaining OL/DL that started Week 0. The rest are JV guys. Our DL and OL should make a mockery of them upfront.
-Fairview does not have Bub Cherry. He has some unfinished business he wants to take care of on the football field this Friday. I expect him to have a big game.

Imo, this is the game that Bailey, Judd, Chase, and Damon put up the biggest rushing numbers of the season for the Rams. Fairview's secondary isnt great, but they do have some height, so that will be something to look for. But I think we end up with over 500 yards of offense with a balanced attack.

Rams 57
Beagles 12
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:SHOULD be ugly. My thoughts...

-Fairview has no depth, we have loads of it.
-Fairview has some play makers, we have just as good, probably better and more of them.
-Fairview has 1 remaining OL/DL that started Week 0. The rest are JV guys. Our DL and OL should make a mockery of them upfront.
-Fairview does not have Bub Cherry. He has some unfinished business he wants to take care of on the football field this Friday. I expect him to have a big game.

Imo, this is the game that Bailey, Judd, Chase, and Damon put up the biggest rushing numbers of the season for the Rams. Fairview's secondary isnt great, but they do have some height, so that will be something to look for. But I think we end up with over 500 yards of offense with a balanced attack.

Rams 57
Beagles 12

So do you think Raceland will keep the pedel down all 4 quarters?
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:So do you think Raceland will keep the pedel down all 4 quarters?

If the game is a running clock early I think we will hammer for at least 3 quarters. As I stated in another thread, Paintsville is an important game in terms of the bigger picture but Fairview is always a big game simply because they are Fairview. Fairview has arguably our biggest rival for a long time and if Raceland can win this game big then we will win it big just because of who they are.
I understand! I know the rivalry is deep with Fairview! Since we're off I may ride down and watch the game! Give me a reason to hit Outback or O'Charleys! Lol plus I'd Like to actually see you guys play in person instead of video.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:So do you think Raceland will keep the pedel down all 4 quarters?

I think the foot comes off the pedal, mainly so that there isn't any unnecessary injuries. But if Raceland's JV can move the ball, there could be after the fact points.
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:I think the foot comes off the pedal, mainly so that there isn't any unnecessary injuries. But if Raceland's JV can move the ball, there could be after the fact points.

And I can see that happening!
The one thing that I like about these 2 teams is that there appears to be a lot of respect directed towards each other both on and off the field. I know it appears that Paintsville and Raceland posters are slamming each other but I think that is in good humor as well. Anyway, not sure why I'm rambling but you guys make it entertaining. I find myself drawn to read your posts vs other teams. Very entertaining.
AND..... I read on another site that it's been almost 2 years since Raceland won a District game?! This surprises me.
Raceland 42

Fairview 0
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:The one thing that I like about these 2 teams is that there appears to be a lot of respect directed towards each other both on and off the field. I know it appears that Paintsville and Raceland posters are slamming each other but I think that is in good humor as well. Anyway, not sure why I'm rambling but you guys make it entertaining. I find myself drawn to read your posts vs other teams. Very entertaining.

Don't let the lack of trash talking fool you. If you would have read this thread a a few years ago it would not have been civil at all it would have made the Raceland/Paintsville thread look like we are best friends lol. Fairview is down this year and there isn't as much excitement about this game as there has been in the past.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Don't let the lack of trash talking fool you. If you would have read this thread a a few years ago it would not have been civil at all it would have made the Raceland/Paintsville thread look like we are best friends lol. Fairview is down this year and there isn't as much excitement about this game as there has been in the past.

I was referring to Paintsville/Raceland posters. Sorry if wasn't clear.
Has Clinty boy, Crappy Coo Coo, and company fallen off the face of the earth?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Has Clinty boy, Crappy Coo Coo, and company fallen off the face of the earth?

It seems like now that the glory days of Fairview have passed everyone has jumped off the bandwagon. It's hard to believe that just a couple of years ago everyone was all about "Believe in the Wood" but after the fallout of Musick and McPeek there are no supporters to be found. I hate it for the players because regardless of what happened in the past they still deserve the support of their community.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Has Clinty boy, Crappy Coo Coo, and company fallen off the face of the earth?

They moved to Georgia
Esse Quam Videri Wrote:The one thing that I like about these 2 teams is that there appears to be a lot of respect directed towards each other both on and off the field. I know it appears that Paintsville and Raceland posters are slamming each other but I think that is in good humor as well. Anyway, not sure why I'm rambling but you guys make it entertaining. I find myself drawn to read your posts vs other teams. Very entertaining.

For sure! Keep'n it entertaining for the Fans!! Lol. Gotta have some good ol' fashion trash talking, especially between 2 undefeated programs! When facing a competative program like Raceland no way you can't NOT respect them! It's all in good fun! Just for the life of me, I've never been able to understand why any program would choose that Gaudy Orange for their their school! Ah if we all wore Blue I guess it would be boring and also confusing!!!
This is just a game where you don't want to get anybody hurt or tossed out of the game. Personally I would like to see some of our starters not play in this game.
Get a 36 point lead and take them out....
Or get a 36 point lead without them in. Which I think we can do
Raceland sounds faster so I'll take them.
Raceland - 49

Fairview - 7

In running clock situations, We almost always play our Varsity through atleast 1 series into the 3rd quarter. If it is a running clock, this will be no different. With that said, Fairview doesnt have enough numbers to put a JV squad on the field. So its likely goina be our 1s vs their 1s, our 2s vs their 1s, our 3s vs their 1s. I just hope we come out of the Mossy Bottom Swamp without injury.
This may very well be the last time Fairview /Raceland play, with Fairviews current enrollment issues and only having around 20 kids playing and the majority of them being seniors very well might be the end of Fairview football as well as Fairview school . People of Westwood sure owe music and the mcpeaks a big thank you . Very sad
Pages: 1 2