Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: CAL 12 Desales 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Sounds like it was a defensive battle between these 2A powers.
Question is can CAL beat them again. For a number of years CAL has took desales in the regular season, but lost the rematch in Regional Championship game.
Congrats CAL
I was there in person. I'm glad that I went. By what I saw, I would say CAL is about where they were last year. I would say DeSales is a few steps behind where they were last year at this time. Neither team has the size I expected. I think both are very predictable.
Both defenses played solid. Made it tough on the offenses. CAL did a good job bringing Wright in at QB on certain packages. He's a load. Already has an offer from UofL and he's just a Soph. We turned the ball over twice I believe, which gave them a short field once. Paulson is a beast coming off that edge. Kid has a motor, and great footwork. Another D1 kid.
Hopefully we can do what we do, watch the film, and make the adjustments.
It was a great atmosphere, both teams played hard, we'll see them again in Nov.
Strong defenses can make an offense look predictable. These are 2 very strong teams that'll be right there in the hunt, when all's said and done. Between these 2, Mayfield, LCA, Danville, OB Catholic, NCC, Glasgow and I could even throw in 4 or 5 more and you've got a lot of tough outs come playoff time. I can't wait.
Rematch should be another tight battle.
My personal opinion from what I saw was not that the defenses made the offenses predictable. It just appeared that they were that way by formation and what they wanted to achieve. I think DeSales defense flowed to the ball well but, did not appear as tough as last year. I think they changed to become smaller and quicker like the team that knocked them out last year. But, in doing so, they have given up a lot.