Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dixie Heights 40 Ft Thomas Highlands 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Congratulations Colonels!!!
Congrats to Dixie Heights
Lol
Highlands learning how the other Half lives
HA!!!

Way to go Dixie Heights!!!
Just asking, because I honestly don't know...

How long has it been since Highlands has had a team this bad?
Has Ft. Thomas Highlands ever lost 6 in a row like this?
Bob Seger Wrote:Just asking, because I honestly don't know...

How long has it been since Highlands has had a team this bad?

They werent very good last year either... but this team appears to be all-time bad.

http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/season-records

They went 7-5 in 2006

They went 5-4 in 1984

1955 was their last losing season going 4-5-1
Cov Cath will finally beat them
Les Miles to Highlands.....
There's no way they can say it's not 80% coaching
bo67 Wrote:There's no way they can say it's not 80% coaching

I know the talent has been down a lot last two years and I was giving the coach the benefit of doubt, but I think I lot of people are questioning his coaching ability. The are not just getting beat, but beat bad. Did not see or hear anything about tonight's game but surprised they get beat by 20 to Dixie! It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes. I will be shocked if he is not back again to coach again next year though.
Wow. Disappointing loss for the Birds. Congrats to Dixie I think Dixie beat them in like 2005 or something. Keep moving forward Birds, keep working hard, keep your head up.
Heard Dixie had over 500 yards rushing.
Nky guru Wrote:Heard Dixie had over 500 yards rushing.

Defense is important. I think Highlands needs to experiment with spreading more talent onto the D. Maybe try some players both ways?
bo67 Wrote:Cov Cath will finally beat them

I'll believe it when I see it.
Talent runs dry and coaches always get the blame. Don't know this guy from Adam but its still much more about Jim's and Joe's than X's and O's.
bo67 Wrote:There's no way they can say it's not 80% coaching

I don't know. He coached them in a dominate state championship win. Then took them to a state championships in his first year at the helm. I believe that it is mostly a lull in big time talent mixed with NKY FB getting better. If it is coaching it must be that Dale magic isn't all the way there with Brian yet. I believe W has that in him. That job has a lot of pressure and bumpy season or two is not the end of the world. The valley, and the way things were in the valley, were an important part of the Highlands tradition that is missing.
If you're talking the Collins game when Jason Lynch ran the offense with Muellers absence. Collins was plays sophomores and Juniors. And we know what happened the following year. The team W won state. Dale left him a stellar team. My grandaughter could have coached that team. He's nothing like Mueller
Birdman? Playing some kids both ways should have started LAST year. The coaches should have been able to recognize that during summer practice. They had just won state and lost a bunch of good athletes. And the coaches can't see that???
If Highlands would have won this game. It would have stayed at the top of the board
I just sent the email from hell to the Highlands coach.
bo67 Wrote:Birdman? Playing some kids both ways should have started LAST year. The coaches should have been able to recognize that during summer practice. They had just won state and lost a bunch of good athletes. And the coaches can't see that???

For sure. Beal Heble and Dougherty should have def played both ways.
In the 96-00 run that had 4 state championships and many players played both ways. They also had many D1 freaks during those years.

Now there are no D1 freaks. The Oline and Def is terrible. If you take the 11 best players and put them on Offense that's what happens. Plus there are some players that are too cool to play line that could be starting both ways.

I am interested in what the conditioning is like these days. H used to do double what other high schools do. Doubt that is the case now.
They aren't in shape to go both ways. But you gotta try it. I know Iam old. But I remember running 80-20 yard sprints after practice in full pads. They don't even come close to that. I mean way not close.
Congrats Dixie on the win! Nightmare season continues for the cakes.