Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelton Clark vs Hundred, WV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you in the Inez area who may be going, going to be a nice 6 hour trip, but there is no easy way to get there. Hundred is located in northeastern Wetzel County just a stones throw from southwestern PA. It is one of the smallest high schools in WV that plays football. Best way would be to go up 119 to Charleston and then pick up I-79. Get off of exit 132 in Fairmont to get our US Rt 250. Stay on 250 and you will run right into Hundred.
Hundred by 20
It's Sheldon Clark.... no T.

But we've come to expect improper spelling from our resident West Virginia fan.
Does hundred have as many WV players as Belfry?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Does hundred have as many WV players as Belfry?

Good question WN.

Not near as many WV players! Hundred has always barely been able to field enough kids for 1 side of the ball! Located squarely in the middle of NOWHERE WV! Not sure how these 2 teams got together! Lot of miles in between!!! Hope The boys don't get car sick!
Sheldon Clark 21
Hundred 7
Hundred is ranked as the worst team in WV by Calpreps

Sheldon Clark is #202 in Kentucky

Give me the Red Birds 32-12
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Not near as many WV players! Hundred has always barely been able to field enough kids for 1 side of the ball! Located squarely in the middle of NOWHERE WV! Not sure how these 2 teams got together! Lot of miles in between!!! Hope The boys don't get car sick!

Two years ago, Hundred scrapped football. Last year, they fielded enough players to play JV and freshman teams. Now, they are back to fielding a full team. There are 4 high schools in Wetzel County and among the 4, there are a combined 3 wins. Magnolia in New Martinsville, is the largest of the 4 and are defending state champions. They have just one win thus far. Hundred, Pine Grove Valley, and Paden City combined would have fewer kids than Magnolia.
This game is Saturday Night at 7pm right?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Two years ago, Hundred scrapped football. Last year, they fielded enough players to play JV and freshman teams. Now, they are back to fielding a full team. There are 4 high schools in Wetzel County and among the 4, there are a combined 3 wins. Magnolia in New Martinsville, is the largest of the 4 and are defending state champions. They have just one win thus far. Hundred, Pine Grove Valley, and Paden City combined would have fewer kids than Magnolia.

Magnolia used to be the team! VERY solid!! When I was around them like 2009-2012 years!! Just courious how Sheldon Clark and Hundred even heard of each other? Odd team to pick up being so far apart!
Sheldon Clark - 34

Hundred (WV) - 12
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Magnolia used to be the team! VERY solid!! When I was around them like 2009-2012 years!! Just courious how Sheldon Clark and Hundred even heard of each other? Odd team to pick up being so far apart!
Probably by comparing schedules
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Magnolia used to be the team! VERY solid!! When I was around them like 2009-2012 years!! Just courious how Sheldon Clark and Hundred even heard of each other? Odd team to pick up being so far apart!

Well, the defending state champ is going to be state chump this year. Magnolia is in danger, with their remaining schedule, to finish the year 1-9.

The reason why Hundred has such difficulty in picking up opponents is that it is no benefit for a playoff contender to play them. Hundred has to play neighbors Clay Battelle and Cameron along with Wetzel County rivals Paden City and Pine Grove Valley.
Sheldon Clark doesn't play this week they double booked and hundred choice to play the other team
Always one in bunch cry me a hand full
It's not even our thread and we get talked about I love it that's when you know your the king lol
How did Harlan miss this bunch when they were making a schedule.

Sheldon Clark has struggled for a few years and has a tough time being competitive, evidenced by their decision to drop out of district play this year.

I'm sure both schools are wanting to have games that their kids can compete in and work for a W. I think kids like a good travel game every now and then, no matter the distance. True, it can be costly for some families, but it isn't every weekend.

Maybe in 20 years those kids can brag to their kids "we traveled over 250 miles for a regular season game." Not every kid can say that.

Hopefully they won't add "up hill, both ways" to that story!
E's Army Wrote:Hundred by 20

Sounds like the size of a greenhouse.
A big greenhouse