Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Les Miles to Kentucky??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This would be a homerun fire for Kentucky...

1. Kentucky: Given the current state of affairs in Lexington, I have a hard time seeing Kentucky bring back Mark Stoops for a fifth season. Stoops is currently 14-26 with the Wildcats, and 5-21 in SEC play, so barring some kind of major turnaround, his job is in serious jeopardy.
And if Stoops is fired, you have to think Miles would be a name Kentucky is interested in, and Kentucky would be a job Miles is interested in. It's an SEC gig, but it's in the SEC East where Miles wouldn't have to deal with Nick Saban every season, and facing Nick Saban every year is one of the main reasons Miles is currently unemployed.
Also, the expectations at Kentucky wouldn't be nearly as high. Think of this as a situation not all that different than Steve Spurrier going to South Carolina, without the NFL stop. Kentucky fans would worship Miles if he just made the football program competitive on an annual basis.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footbal...tinations/
Possible but not probable. Definitely would be an upgrade.
Seen an article where they was saying Kentucky is the #1 likely place for him to land but I have serious doubts. Would be nice though.
If we are going to be upset at Mark Stoops for underachieving with three and four star Talent, imagine how disappointed we will be in Les Miles underachieving with four and five-star talent?

Basically Stoops and Myles strength are exactly the same. Les Miles is horrible with clock management and in-game coaching. While I respect Les Miles achievements, I would be more content with keeping Stoops for the rest of the season and looking for someone else at the end.
There are rumors that Stoops has impregnated a student at UK. I will stress again...RUMORS.... If that's true, then UK may be looking for a replacement soon.

BelfryPride, have you heard anything? According to my daughter and grand daughter, this is being talked about openly in Lexington.
Granny Bear Wrote:There are rumors that Stoops has impregnated a student at UK. I will stress again...RUMORS.... If that's true, then UK may be looking for a replacement soon.

BelfryPride, have you heard anything? According to my daughter and grand daughter, this is being talked about openly in Lexington.

:yikes:
Granny Bear Wrote:There are rumors that Stoops has impregnated a student at UK. I will stress again...RUMORS.... If that's true, then UK may be looking for a replacement soon.

I heard this about 2 weeks ago. Wasn't sure how much there was to it. My info came from someone with ties to the athletic offices. I had heard they were hoping to keep it quiet until the end of the season when they parted ways with stoops.
Well, the rumor mill and gossip is churning! I also heard that his wife left about a month ago and remains out of town.

Who knows?

If this is really true, there is no way they can keep it quiet. On the other hand, if it isn't true all the talk does no one any good.
So these are the rumors that have been referred to as "Message Board stuff". Yikes! If true, Yowzers!
^I don't recall hearing that term, but this is just something that I've heard. Just want to make sure everyone knows it hasn't been confirmed.

This can't be true!

Some of BGR'S finest said we couldn't hire petrino for banging some college chick.
I just won't believe we would hire someone that's so good at coaching but has baggage like petrino :biglmao:
Let the man coach i don't care if he sleeps with my sister.... Life is life
Opana Wrote:Let the man coach i don't care if he sleeps with my sister.... Life is life

[Image: facepalm.jpg]
Opana Wrote:Let the man coach i don't care if he sleeps with my sister.... Life is life

:lmao: