Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who do you think is the best guitarist ever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd have to go with Stevie Ray Vaughan.

With Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton falling close behind.
Clapton!

He gets me every time with the accoustic version of Layla.
I agree he's great, but can he really play up to the standards of SRV?
i have to give mine to SRV....yes yes Clapton is great..but SRV just beats him in the talent running...he was a huge guy, and he could wail on the guitar...and although irrelevant to the topic, he sang better too i think...u cant beat that bluesy voice of his
SRV, Eric Johnson, Yngwie Malmsteen. Clapton, Jimi Page, there are more just depends on what kind of music you like.
Didn't Eric Johnson play bass?
Nope he plays guitar.
dont leave out joe satriani

and actually...john mayer is a KILLER guitar player...i didnt kno it, but he has a degree from Berklee College of Music...and he is great when he gets a chance to let loose...i listened to him on some guitar festival DVD that Eric Clapton holds every year out west i believe
May I add Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert also Marty Friedman
Angus Young too.
What about mr lefthanded Jimi Hendrix
Carlos Santana.
Zack Wylde plays louder than the devil.
I like Clapton...He IS the MAN. I also think that dave mathews falls close behind....he can break out the axe anytime......
Dave Matthews is an awesome rythem player. Randy Rhodes was also awesome. Eddie Van Halen is a speed demon.

Brad Paisley, and Keith Urban are two country boys who can burn one up.
John Mayer
John Mayer is awsome
I'm goin to have to disagree with you two. Well in the fact that he's awesome.. He's pretty good on guitar, but I can't stand to listen to him sing lol
Yeah, I think most guys would agree that John Mayer's voice sounds like a dying mongoose.
I agree with you up there Hurley u cannot leave Hendrix off this list
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I'm goin to have to disagree with you two. Well in the fact that he's awesome.. He's pretty good on guitar, but I can't stand to listen to him sing lol

What's wrong with his singing? What I cant stand is a bunch of whiny male country singers...now that is something awful...
must agree BGG i love to listin to John Mayer but u realy do have to b in a certain mood to listin to him i cant listin to him just like everyday
That's very true but it don't sound like the country singers are trying to whisper/breath heavy while they sing..
haha idk i like him thats all i can say i cant change your mind on a topic of which involves music ull like who u like lol
crazytaxidriver Wrote:That's very true but it don't sound like the country singers are trying to whisper/breath heavy while they sing..

He does not whisper or breathe heavy while singing that I am aware of. Is this the same man we are talking about. I love John Mayer...I could listen to it 24/7...

Male Country singers are still worse with the stuff they sing about and the way they sing... with the exception of Garth Brooks...
Garth Brooks sings about dumber stuff than the rest of em.

And next time you listen to John Mayer, it sounds like he is breathing insteading of singing, or whisper.. It drives me nuts
ill focus on hwo he sings next time and get back to u on that okay CTD
I, on the other hand, will not get back to you on this... I am constantly listening to John Mayer and have not detected that "thing" you are talking about.
However, I guess you are suggesting that Ryan Cabrera is a good alternative..lol...
I said True was a good song.. At least he don't sound like he's trying to swallow the mic. But actually, yes I would rather listen to ryan cabrera than john mayer.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I said True was a good song.. At least he don't sound like he's trying to swallow the mic. But actually, yes I would rather listen to ryan cabrera than john mayer.

Well, its a good thing that we are all different....Im still picking John Mayer...I still dont know where you are coming from regarding his voice...
Pages: 1 2 3