Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top player and teams in the 14th.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the top players and teams in the 14th. Any surprises out there.
My list:
Teams
Knott
Leslie
Hazard
Owsley
Perry if Profitt stays

Players
Gibson (Owsley)
Caudill and sturgill (Hazard)
Profitt (Perry)
Meyers (Leslie)
The guards from hazard r good but , not listing the hall girl from Pcc is a major mistake, the coaches who will be playing her won't make that mistake!
She's hands down is the best guard in the district , ball handling skills are at an elite level!!
hillbilly cat Wrote:The guards from hazard r good but , not listing the hall girl from Pcc is a major mistake, the coaches who will be playing her won't make that mistake!
She's hands down is the best guard in the district , ball handling skills are at an elite level!!

Your correct she would be on list. So would Waungh and Jada at Knott. Was just getting the conversation started.
1. Knott County Central
2. Perry County Central
3. Leslie County
4. Hazard
5. Owsley County
Sleeper team: Breathitt County

1. Lindsey Profitt (Perry)
2. Maci Gibson (Owsley)
3. Jada Higgins (Knott)
4. Hannah Kash (Lee)
5. Hayley Caudill (Hazard)
Sleeper Player: Sydni Hall (Perry)
How many schools has Profitt been at so far?
Maroons Wrote:How many schools has Profitt been at so far?

LCC
Shelby Valley
JBS
Perry
Never been to LCC
CA3 Wrote:1. Knott County Central
2. Perry County Central
3. Leslie County
4. Hazard
5. Owsley County
Sleeper team: Breathitt County

1. Lindsey Profitt (Perry)
2. Maci Gibson (Owsley)
3. Jada Higgins (Knott)
4. Hannah Kash (Lee)
5. Hayley Caudill (Hazard)
Sleeper Player: Sydni Hall (Perry)

Agree with most of this, but no way is Hall a sleeper player. Caudill is good but not in top 5. Hall and Proffitt will eat Caudill and Sturgill alive. They only know how to pass to each other. And neither has any defense. Regional title will go to KCC or PCC. Looking forward to a great season.
[Image: A6bnY9J.png]

1. Knott
2. Leslie
3. Perry
4. Hazard
5. Owsley

1. Jada (Knott)
2. Waughzee (Knott)
3. Evander Hollifield (Knott)
4. Hoss Harrington (Knott)
5. Bad to the Bone Slone (Knott)
6. Gibson (Owsley)
7. Hall (Perry)
8. Sturgill (Hazard)
9. Profitt (Perry)/Kash (Lee)
10. Tberry (Best 6th man in region) (Knott)
I'm not a 14th region guy so I really am asking this in a serious way... As I see most rank players in the 14th I don't see Leslie county players listed but almost every one has them 2nd or 3rd in the region as a team. Is it because of coaching, depth of good talent or past success that you have them listed this high?
Olred Wrote:I'm not a 14th region guy so I really am asking this in a serious way... As I see most rank players in the 14th I don't see Leslie county players listed but almost every one has them 2nd or 3rd in the region as a team. Is it because of coaching, depth of good talent or past success that you have them listed this high?

Mostly listing their favorite players from favorite teams. Leslie does have good players who are well coached.
Maci Gibson of Owsley County is the region's best player. 6' Jr forward/center that is a huge task for any team in the region to contain if her teammates can get her the ball. Any of the top 3 or 4 teams listed as possible winners of the region in some of the above post would be a lock to win the region title if Maci were on their teams.
She played this summer on one of the top AAU teams in the state, with games around Kentucky, Nashville, and Atlanta. Strong with the ball, great scorer and rebounder. Terrific free throw shooter. And good defensive player. However, at Owsley she will be playing with a very young team.

Many think she has the ability to play D-1. She should have a great season, and I believe college coaches will be following her play at many games.
Gibson is a great player that should dominate in the region especially since no other quality big post players in the region. Not meaning there's no players at center that are not good players but ,no centers with Divison 1 talent.
If you want to consider all parts of the game there are two players that are a notch above the rest. Gibson athletically is # 1 hand down , Profitt shot over 50 % from field and over 40% from 3 point line. Perry's success is riding mostly on Profitt. Caudill will have to carry us, Griffith leads Leslie, and Holifield & Waugh will
take Knott as far as they can go.
From what I'am hearing from my sisters son who goes to pcc that the hall girl is as good as profit an the Burris girl is alot better than people think.
The Shelby girl from Leslie can play also,I've seen here play. KCC has 3 or 4 girls that can play that team will go as far as Waugh can carry them.Lcc has a really good point guard an they are really big an deep they play ten, that have one girl that plays center who is about 6'3 and the two girls from my bulldogs are pretty go but our center is pretty good to!
Cougars will surprise some teams this year. Coach is about as good as it gets. He will have a good game plan every night we take the floor. Our big kids have good hands and can score inside. Not many teams in the 14th can say that this year,,,,,,,except the Owls.
I'am sorry but be realistic , if the knott county girls are as good as u say , they should have went to the state last season! But a team who was district runner up who got got beat at home by Pcc went to the state !! I'd say that the top three in the region are hazard , Leslie an Pcc an Kcc a tie !!
That's a good point hillbilly. KCC should be shooting for there 3rd consecutive regional championship this year. They have had a lot of individual talent come through there in the last 3 or 4 years, but just can't play team ball. I'm surprised Waugh is still there. PCC can't keep Sturgill from wanting to be a Lady Dawg (i'm glad) and is trying to replace her with Profitt. I think Leslie will be so up and down, it will be a challenge to keep them on track. I feel good about our chances this year.
hillbilly cat Wrote:I'am sorry but be realistic , if the knott county girls are as good as u say , they should have went to the state last season! But a team who was district runner up who got got beat at home by Pcc went to the state !! I'd say that the top three in the region are hazard , Leslie an Pcc an Kcc a tie !!

sounds just like the boys regional to me.
There may be one team everyone overlooks this season that will come out to win a few more than expected.
Lcc !
BigBlueWaterBoy Wrote:There may be one team everyone overlooks this season that will come out to win a few more than expected.

[Image: DztVn4F.gif]

Ole fatpat sure likes your name, sweet....

Now, I don't think anyone going to be surprising my boi Honeycutt. He has prepared his x' and o's like momma use to prepare turkey and all the fixins.

#wehaveaplanbehindtheplan More mash taters please!!!
Proffitt received an offer after visiting LMU earlier this month. Division II NCAA. First of many for her, as she is only a junior.
When its all said and done LCC will be in the top three teams in the 14th. I think Knott, Leslie and the Cougars will

LCC will be in the top three teams in the 14th before its over. Things are coming together in Letcher.
I know she has not been seen by most fans in this region because JBS didn't play many games last year, but Lindsay Proffitt will be one of if not the best player to ever play at PCC. She is the ultimate team player, but can score 50 if needed. The people picking players in front of her in this region are in for a surprise this season. No smashed taters for me. Thank you
Big Hammer Wrote:I know she has not been seen by most fans in this region because JBS didn't play many games last year, but Lindsay Proffitt will be one of if not the best player to ever play at PCC. She is the ultimate team player, but can score 50 if needed. The people picking players in front of her in this region are in for a surprise this season. No smashed taters for me. Thank you

[Image: iyM4o8x.png]

#giveherafewyearsandshewillbegood More mash taters please!!!
#notimetowaittheresanewsheriffintown