Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Umpires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is your favorite 15th region umpire and why is he your favorite.

WARNING: This is NOT a thread to bash on any umpires or discuss who is the worst so don't do it. List your favorite and why.
My question to you Reneck is... Why aren't you umpiring... If I remember correctly, your Paternal Great Grandfather was quite the Umpire! You would make a great one & besides, it's about time you and some of your cronies gave back! You've got friends, who umpire... now get on out there and do your duty!

Almost forgot... who is my fav Umpire.... will have to think about it and post later! My "fav" umpire no longers does it.
IISnakE Wrote:My question to you Reneck is... Why aren't you umpiring... If I remember correctly, your Paternal Great Grandfather was quite the Umpire! You would make a great one & besides, it's about time you and some of your cronies gave back! You've got friends, who umpire... now get on out there and do your duty!

Almost forgot... who is my fav Umpire.... will have to think about it and post later! My "fav" umpire no longers does it.

That's what I've always been told, but I never knew him unfortunately. As for me umpirin, I would prolly get put in jail. You know me and you know I wouldn't put up with anyone's mouth. Not only that, between work and the racecar, I just aint got time.

My favorite umpire was always Dale Conn, but he is no longer in the business so I guess my fav would have to be the Runyon guy. I think he is the most consistant from what I have seen.
I miss Dale Conn... in roundball & baseball!
Greg Helton...
IISnakE Wrote:I miss Dale Conn... in roundball & baseball!

:yikes:
IISnakE Wrote:I miss Dale Conn... in roundball & baseball!

Yeah, he was my favorite on the basketball court too. They just don't make em like ole Dale anymore.
I always liked seeing him out on his Harley too... way cool!!! He and his wife are so nice!
I'll have to go with Smokey, he's a dandy, and a nut. LOL
Pupaw Wrote:I'll have to go with Smokey, he's a dandy, and a nut. LOL

:thumpsup:
i thought Duff was suppose to be top dawg in baseball. i know Pete Runyon is always talking about the rule book so i guess i have to give him credit.

Why does it seems that there are not any new umps?
jOHn:316 Wrote:i thought Duff was suppose to be top dawg in baseball. i know Pete Runyon is always talking about the rule book so i guess i have to give him credit.

Why does it seems that there are not any new umps?
I umped for a few years, and enjoyed it. I have taken off for now so that I may watch my son and daughter as they both play softball and baseball.