Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County (4-1) @ North Laurel (4-2) 9/30/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
The Colonels lost the last meeting 36-8. Will their defense keep them in this one and give them a chance to win in London?
Whitley 30 North 27
Tough opening the district with the champs from last year. Think it will be close but North wins 28-24
Copperhead11 Wrote:Tough opening the district with the champs from last year. Think it will be close but North wins 28-24

Agree,I think it's close but give the edge to the home team...
I haven't watched North Laurel. How is their pass defense?
Whitley is better. North is worse than last year. This should be a good game but I believe the Jags are still a little better. North by 8.
Crow is too tuff for this ole' boy, besides it does NOT taste like chicken, whoever said that! I am going with North Laurel in this game, I think they will have them several TD's in this one! GO JAGS!!!

:Wave:
I think personally that NL has figured out a lot of things just in the past few weeks to their benefit. Whether anyone wants to agree or not - we have watched them for the last -6 + yrs. You do not rebound quickly with the loss of talent they had in the Seniors they lost to graduation, it takes awhile to figure out who can step it up and take over these positions. One of those guys last season led the state in tackles, one was a leading rusher, plus the sheer strength & knowledge of the game with all those Seniors they lost was a BIG hit! They have made some changes that has really helped them a lot which was evident in the Harlan game. I just expect more improvement after last week resulting in a win for NL. GO JAGS!!!
Jags should win. I don't think Whitley has found a defense yet. Running clock for the jags..
Should be a good game but Jags are still a little better.
panther nation Wrote:Jags should win. I don't think Whitley has found a defense yet. Running clock for the jags..

running clock for you a$$ talkers with diarrhea of the mouth.
North keep getting Sizemore 15-20 touches a game they will win this one by 3 tds
ky playmaker Wrote:North keep getting Sizemore 15-20 touches a game they will win this one by 3 tds

Will they?:biggrin:
Pretty sure I will be going to this one. :popcorn:
I like N. Laurel by 2 td's.
I like the Colonels 14-13.
Go Jags!
This is what we have noticed about NL if you look back at stats & watch some film - you don't know what they are going to do - they have done all kinds of things to be effective. It's not always one player or one set of plays. Larkey, has mixed it up a lot this season (which is very unusual). Several of these teams have been really confused on the field you could tell trying to figure out what they are going to run. If one thing isn't working he is changing it a lot quicker than in past years.
North in a laugher :yawn:
64SUR Wrote:Pretty sure I will be going to this one. :popcorn:

Git on the wagon.
Don't see any way this is a blowout either way. Probably gonna come down to who makes the critical turnover at the wrong time. I'll cross my fingers and take North 28-26.
Van Hagar Wrote:Don't see any way this is a blowout either way. Probably gonna come down to who makes the critical turnover at the wrong time. I'll cross my fingers and take North 28-26.

I don't either but I did see a couple blow outs above.
I agree with Van Hagar, team with least mistakes wins this one. If the JAGS can put 4 qts together like the 1st & 4th from last week they can make some noise. Last week was for Coach Larkey this week is for Coach Black. Don't let him down JAGS!! I'm going with home field, JAGS 29 Whitely 21. Here's to no injuries in a good game!!
God Bless & Go JAGS
One of the best games of the night! Close and hard fought, North wins at home.