Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Class 3A Rankings 9/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Bardstown
4 Adair Co
5 Lex Cath
5 Central
7 Caldwell
8 Boyle Co
9 Waggener
10 E-town

What's your thoughts?
Not sure Waggener is top 10
1 and 2 coming off tough losses.
I didn't even have Lexington Catholic in the top 10. I'm amazed they are ranked 5th. They have lost 5 in a row. I know they lost to decent teams, but ranking them 5th is ridiculous.
I'd go with Central and Caldwell above Lex Cath. And I'd probably put Casey in, ahead of Etown.
bac2369 Wrote:1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Bardstown
4 Adair Co
5 Lex Cath
5 Central
7 Caldwell
8 Boyle Co
9 Waggener
10 E-town

What's your thoughts?

Corbin :1:
adopted purple Wrote:I didn't even have Lexington Catholic in the top 10. I'm amazed they are ranked 5th. They have lost 5 in a row. I know they lost to decent teams, but ranking them 5th is ridiculous.

I agree. 3A is weak overall. it looks like Boyle County and Lexington Catholic are both way down.
pjdoug Wrote:Corbin :1:

That's wishful thinking LOL
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:That's wishful thinking LOL

You have to watch what you say about Belfrey and Caldwell on here they have very offensive follows..But i agree Belfrey is #1 with that being said anything can happen only takes a couple turns here and there.
It's a shame that Corbin can't be a west rep this year. That would put the two top teams in the championship.
Moose Head Wrote:You have to watch what you say about Belfrey and Caldwell on here they have very offensive follows..But i agree Belfrey is #1 with that being said anything can happen only takes a couple turns here and there.

No I just like to go back a fourth with him it's fun Lol
Caldwell struggled for time against a Tilghman team that by some accounts is the weakest in 20 years. They will take the district and probably the region, but I do not see them advancing beyond that. They have struggled against the three larger schools they have played. Their Mayfield game will be a good one to see just where they are at the end of the season.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:That's wishful thinking LOL

I don't wish that at all lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No I just like to go back a fourth with him it's fun Lol

I hope I don't have to walk the plank. surely 9 fumbles would drop you down to the 2 spot.if not maybe 9 more this week will Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I hope I don't have to walk the plank. surely 9 fumbles would drop you down to the 2 spot.if not maybe 9 more this week will Confusednicker:

We'll see
Tica Wrote:Caldwell struggled for time against a Tilghman team that by some accounts is the weakest in 20 years. They will take the district and probably the region, but I do not see them advancing beyond that. They have struggled against the three larger schools they have played. Their Mayfield game will be a good one to see just where they are at the end of the season.
Tica, Caldwell may be a little down this year from the past 5, but they are still a good team, you keep referring to them struggling with Tilghman, like beating them is nothing. Caldwell beat them as bad as anybody has all season and Tilghman has played some good teams and are capable of beating a lot of teams. Also Caldwell has given the teams that have beaten them all they wanted and should have beat North Hardin leading them the whole game except the last 4 seconds. I'm not sure what they have to do to meet your expectations. As for the Mayfield game, you can never gauge Caldwell on the Mayfield game, win or lose.
Garrard County should be in the top ten
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Garrard County should be in the top ten

I think they're the only team outside the top 10 who should be in, and I'd put them in over Etown.

But, at the same time, I'm not that upset that they are probably sitting at an 11th spot. I think they're probably pretty interchangeable with E-town at this point in time.
Looks about right to me. Wasn't impressed with the team Waggoner put on the field early tho. They had good players, D1 players, but that goes to show you can't do without the team. Central will climb back into the thick of things again too by seasons end. Too much athletic ability and Talent.
Lex Cath? 1-5 record doesn't belong in the top 10, if they played an SEC schedule. They may certainly end up doing well in the playoffs and have played some good teams but it certainly makes 3A look pretty weak to have them as the 5th best team.
oldschool77 Wrote:Lex Cath? 1-5 record doesn't belong in the top 10, if they played an SEC schedule. They may certainly end up doing well in the playoffs and have played some good teams but it certainly makes 3A look pretty weak to have them as the 5th best team.

The real question becomes, which one of the teams below Lex. Cath. wouldn't be 1-5 playing the same schedule?

3/5 losses have come to 6A schools, and the other two losses have been at the hands of a 5A and a 4A school.