Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1A Paintsville vs. 3A Pike Central Thursday Sept 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The APPLE BOWL being this week, which is played on Thursday instead of Friday night! Can the TIGERS keep the momentum going into District play and improve to 7-0?
I'm going to say this might be a pretty good game this year just cant have turnover's and to many mistakes by the hawks
Paintsville.
Hawks32 Wrote:I'm going to say this might be a pretty good game this year just cant have turnover's and to many mistakes by the hawks

From what I've seen PCC is up from last year quite a bit! I expect a real good game Thursday night! Hope both sides stay healthy!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:From what I've seen PCC is up from last year quite a bit! I expect a real good game Thursday night! Hope both sides stay healthy!

Wouldn't surprise me to see a few Tiger starters sit again this week. I expect a closer game than last year with the Tigers coming out on top. District schedule coming up.
Redneck Wrote:Wouldn't surprise me to see a few Tiger starters sit again this week. I expect a closer game than last year with the Tigers coming out on top. District schedule coming up.

I agree! Like to have starters suited up ready if needed though, after all it is the "APPLE BOWL"!! :rockon:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I agree! Like to have starters suited up ready if needed though, after all it is the "APPLE BOWL"!! :rockon:

You get a new barrel so you can call it the JV Apple Bowl I walk by the "barrel" ever in JC's locker room.
"Walk by the Barrel ever in jC locker room"???? Anyway, This topic always draws a central troll! Seems most act supportive of Paintsville's success of hitting the #1 1A State ranking for the second year in a row but seems some are jealous for whatever reason! ! I guess it proves you can't have success without a few haters! For me I'm proud that football is at its strongest EVER in Johnson County! With the ONLY 2 high school programs in our county, BOTH in contention again this year for state titles! After we Give Raceland a thrashing of course!
See what I did there? Didn't wanna leave you Raceland fella's out! Lol
I am not the one called it the apple bowl. That on you. Jist stating facts. Sorry
PCC is up but even if Paintsville rest the ouchies and boo boos, they come away winners.

Tigers 28
Hawks 14

If Phelps plays...
Tigers 42
Hawks 14
Hawks are much improved but Paintsville still to much. Tigers by 14.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:"Walk by the Barrel ever in jC locker room"???? Anyway, This topic always draws a central troll! Seems most act supportive of Paintsville's success of hitting the #1 1A State ranking for the second year in a row but seems some are jealous for whatever reason! ! I guess it proves you can't have success without a few haters! For me I'm proud that football is at its strongest EVER in Johnson County! With the ONLY 2 high school programs in our county, BOTH in contention again this year for state titles! After we Give Raceland a thrashing of course!
See what I did there? Didn't wanna leave you Raceland fella's out! Lol

Your dreaming again Blue!!How about this.After my Rams insert that football and have their way with your Tiggers come see me.Ill have a nice orange Raceland football shirt for you to wear.And you have to wear it everyday till the Rams beat the Tiggers again in the playoffs!!! Hehehehe
PHS took some hard hits in BoCo game.. There was about 3 or 4 Hard licks that they took and put some players out.. PHS is good but not as good as last year. 28 - 14 PCC!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Your dreaming again Blue!!How about this.After my Rams insert that football and have their way with your Tiggers come see me.Ill have a nice orange Raceland football shirt for you to wear.And you have to wear it everyday till the Rams beat the Tiggers again in the playoffs!!! Hehehehe

RAMDAD50 Wrote:Your dreaming again Blue!!How about this.After my Rams insert that football and have their way with your Tiggers come see me.Ill have a nice orange Raceland football shirt for you to wear.And you have to wear it everyday till the Rams beat the Tiggers again in the playoffs!!! Hehehehe

Oh lord Ram they've got you drinking that orange cool aid! I think I could possibly Die if I even put on an orange Rams shirt!:HitWall: I won't even allow my golden retriever to wear orange! Lol. Maybe We can make it a little less traumatizing. How about we at least bet our profile Pic! Loser of the first game has to put the winners logo as their BGR Profile Pic and keep it up until 3 days before they meet again in the playoffs or when that round comes up where they would have met! That would still be dang hard for me to do but then again I won't be the one having to do it!! Seeing how we are :1:
Confusednicker:
Cledog30 Wrote:PHS took some hard hits in BoCo game.. There was about 3 or 4 Hard licks that they took and put some players out.. PHS is good but not as good as last year. 28 - 14 PCC!!

PHS is every bit as good as last year, if not better. More balanced on both sides of the ball. Your judging them over one game, a game where a Mr.Football candidate and our returning starting center didnt even dress, then lost a 3 year starter on defense early in the game. Paintsville didnt play well against Bourbon. That's not an excuse for the close game, its a fact. There was no excitement, they were flat the entire game until that final offensive drive. Good teams find a way to win. They did that against 200 yards in penalties.
Paintsville should win this game by 3 plus TDS.
I don't see Paintsville Struggling very much this Thursday. Although, I didn't see them having such a close game with Bourbon County either. I guess that's where penalties (Most of which seemed very Biased, but I won't get started on that) can get you. Redneck was right in saying that good teams find ways to overcome adversity. Paintsville wins it 40-14.
Redneck Wrote:PHS is every bit as good as last year, if not better. More balanced on both sides of the ball. Your judging them over one game, a game where a Mr.Football candidate and our returning starting center didnt even dress, then lost a 3 year starter on defense early in the game. Paintsville didnt play well against Bourbon. That's not an excuse for the close game, its a fact. There was no excitement, they were flat the entire game until that final offensive drive. Good teams find a way to win. They did that against 200 yards in penalties.

Very well said! Plus Bourbon did look quite better than advertised and we may have went in underestimating them a tad! Gotta make sure we don't make that mistake the remainder of the season! Take it one snap at a time!
I am going with Paintsville in this one
When will Paintsville play some quality teams? Pikeville is last years state championsions so credit that win. Besides Pikeville what legit opponents have they or will they play?
Bourbon also had three starters out and one that tweaked his back in the first quarter...
Iron Horse Wrote:When will Paintsville play some quality teams? Pikeville is last years state championsions so credit that win. Besides Pikeville what legit opponents have they or will they play?

Once again, when this schedule was built before last season, the guru's said we wouldnt win 6 games. Well the know-it-alls were bad wrong. Now, playing the second year of the contracts, the guru's wanna bash the schedule. Do you think Lawrence County would want another Class A school on their schedule? This is a Paintsville thread. Take your wrap around lips somewhere else with that garbage.
Iron Horse Wrote:When will Paintsville play some quality teams? Pikeville is last years state championsions so credit that win. Besides Pikeville what legit opponents have they or will they play?

Really*^^ I think Redneck explained it well for ya! I see lawrence has been strong last couple years! Maybe you should focus on the Raceland game ahead (since it's gonna be a NIGHTMARE) instead of Paintsvilles opponents! We've got our part covered!
I did not realize it was such a touchy subject. I agree with you our boys are playing a weak schedule but we are not even in the state championship race this year either. This is truly a rebuilding year for us. I just think if Paintsville wants to win a state title playing these weak opponents will come back to bite them. Raceland will be a good test for you all.
Iron Horse Wrote:I did not realize it was such a touchy subject. I agree with you our boys are playing a weak schedule but we are not even in the state championship race this year either. This is truly a rebuilding year for us. I just think if Paintsville wants to win a state title playing these weak opponents will come back to bite them. Raceland will be a good test for you all.

It's not touchy, Paintsville tried to get Ft Gay to sign a 2 year deal but John and Carrolls carry out denied the request. :lame:
Weak opponents or good one, a win is a win
Iron Horse Wrote:I did not realize it was such a touchy subject. I agree with you our boys are playing a weak schedule but we are not even in the state championship race this year either. This is truly a rebuilding year for us. I just think if Paintsville wants to win a state title playing these weak opponents will come back to bite them. Raceland will be a good test for you all.
Like I said, when this schedule was built before last season, nobody thought we would win 6 games last year. What else can ya do? As for my comments about LC, that wasn't a knock on them. Coach Short and his staff will have the Bulldogs back to form very soon. Nothing but respect for the LC football program.
Tigers by a couple TD'S