Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard @ Pikeville 9/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow figured someone would of made the thread by now....so I guess what's your thoughts on this game?
Should be a good hard hitting game! Will the Bulldogs pull off the win or will Battle and Charles prove to much? What is Hazards RB that is so strong? Corey
Pikeville
Pikeville is a hard place to win. In my opinion this is a toss up game on a neutral field. At Pikeville Hazard will have to play very well to win. Hazards a hard place to play as well but this games at Pikeville and Hazards still a very young team.
Hazards running back is Corey Smith, a junior. Blair a sophomore will be at quarterback. Receiver Jason Johnson is a senior.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Should be a good hard hitting game! Will the Bulldogs pull off the win or will Battle and Charles prove to much? What is Hazards RB that is so strong? Corey

Yes Cory Smith?
That's it! That kid is solid! Very good running Back!
Pikeville !
redstone1127 Wrote:Pikeville is a hard place to win. In my opinion this is a toss up game on a neutral field. At Pikeville Hazard will have to play very well to win. Hazards a hard place to play as well but this games at Pikeville and Hazards still a very young team.
Hazards running back is Corey Smith, a junior. Blair a sophomore will be at quarterback. Receiver Jason Johnson is a senior.
Pikeville is young too. Decent sized Senior class (maybe 15) but I think only 5 Juniors and the rest are Sophomores and Freshmen (about 30 total between the two classes).
No clue shat to pick in this one. I think Hazard is a more well rounded team. But I think Pikeville has more tallent and explosiveness. If this game is a shootout, Pikeville. If Hazard can control the clock and keep the pace of the game slowed down, Hazard. Its at Pikeville and homefield advantage is an understatement. Much like Hazard's place, its not officiating that makes it a hard place to win, it just simply is. Bc of this...

Hazard 28
Pikeville 21

Lol...i really have no clue. Picking Hazard for the hell of it. Probably wrong, but idk...ground and pound may be enough to keep Pikeville off the field.
Glad to see some comments in this thread.. It's going to be the running game versus the pass from Pikeville... Both defense are solid... I hope I am able to attend and watch this one...
Looking at history but when was the last time hazard beat Pikeville in the regular season @ Pikeville?
Just like last year the Dawgs defense is good up front but if pikeville can get to the secondary then they will score easily. Hazard is week at the corners, and we all know defense wins championships. Pikeville has a decent defense and with hazard trying to run up the gut 2 out of 3 plays it will make for an easy night for pikeville.

Hazard 14
Pikeville 35
Panthers by 12.
bac2369 Wrote:looking at history but when was the last time hazard beat pikeville in the regular season @ pikeville?
PHSForever Wrote:2010

That's playoffs there. What about regular season?
Hazard won in regular season in 2005. PHS won in 2006 then they didn't play each other in regular season until around 2014
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Hazard won in regular season in 2005. PHS won in 2006 then they didn't play each other in regular season until around 2014

I think the 2005 game was at Hazard. I was interested in hazard winning at Pikeville in the regular season? Where's Panther Thunder at?
^^^Need some help from die hard Panther fanbase!!!
Hazard
bac2369 Wrote:I think the 2005 game was at Hazard. I was interested in hazard winning at Pikeville in the regular season? Where's Panther Thunder at?
According to my information, 1940. Depending on the location of the 1929 game, it could be the only regular season win for Hazard at Pikeville or the 2nd. Last season was the first time Pikeville had won in the regular season at Hazard since 1999. Pikeville has not won at Hazard in the playoffs since 1993, 2011 was the only other game since.

This is always subject to new information becoming available.
Attached is a PDF of the numbers I have for the Pikeville/Hazard series.

Some highlights:
-Pikeville leads the series 26-13-1.
-Pikeville leads the playoff series 6-4, although Hazard has dominated over the last decade.
-PHS wins on an average score of 29.7-20.5
-Pikeville's longest winning streak was 11 games from 1955-1996.
-Hazard's longest winning streak was 4 games from 2006-2011.
-Pikeville's largest Margin of Victory was 51 points in 1991. Hazard's largest MoV was 42 points in 1949.
-Hillard Howard was 6-0 vs. Hazard, Chris McNamee has the most wins of any Panther coach vs. Hazard at 9-4.
-Pikeville has held the series lead since 1978. Hazard last held the series lead in 1954.
This game will be all about offense and no defense from both teams....I just think hazard is the better team right now....:pondering:

Hazard 49
Pikeville 42
Hazard 42 pikeville 38
Pikeville - 38
hazard - 24
Pikeville - 36

Hazard - 27
Figured this thread would of picked up a little more.. Not heard from jet yet?
Don't know if Hazard can tackle Pikeville, don't know if Pikeville can tackle Hazard. Pikeville defense held Smith to 82 and 32 yds rushing last year in their 2 games, honestly don't know if it will be 32 or 200 this year. This is really a playoff game for homefield advantage. Gut check time. I think Pikeville rises to the occasion but they will get a fight.
How is the injury situation for Pikeville?
Pikeville 36 Hazard 14.
I agree with hoghead. Pikeville in a blowout win 42-24.
Pages: 1 2