Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County at Estill County 9/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
9/30
Hoover Niece Field, ECHS
7:30

Breathitt comes in 1-4 averaging 24 points a game while allowing 52.

Estill County comes in 4-2 averaging 35 points a game and allowing 31.

Estill hasn't beaten Breathitt since 1989

Massey Predictor: Estill 42-28
If Breathitt runs the ball as frequently as they did against KCC it will be close. Wear down the oppositions linemen so that they have trouble blocking on offense.
^ That's all Estill does is run run run.
Going with Brethitt in this one! Seems their starting to put the pieces together!
Estill County by 12.
Unfortunately I will take estill. 56-42
Breathitt gave up almost 50 to Knott and beat them in Jackson.
Estill better than Knott plus in Irvine
ESTILL COUNTY Confusedinglepar
Brethitt county
Estill County - 44

Breathitt County - 27
I never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever see Breathitt County football get this down. This program went on one he'll of a run through the whole decade of the 90's and the first half of the 2000's. What the heck happened. You guys have a lot of pride and tradition down there and I believe and hope you get things back on track. It just don't feel right not seeing the Bobcats right in the thick of things every season.
Breathitt 49 Estill 28
Breathitt has found their groove on the offensive side of the football and they will win this game against Estill 42-30
Breathitt has played much better football for the past six quarters. They played well in the second half of the Letcher Central game and played a complete game against Knott Central. If Breathitt can limit their turnovers, they have a chance to pull out the win, but if they start turning the ball over, they have no chance. Breathitt has some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, but they haven't been consistent. Defensively, this game is a bad match up for the bobcats. Estill likes to run a lot, and we all know how the bobcats have fared against the run. Although, they looked better last week, Knott Central is a more pass oriented team and Breathitt has been decent against the pass this year. Hopefully, Coach Moore has some things figured out on defense and we continue to see improvements. I feel like the winner of this game will win the district. Although, I have been critical of the bobcats this year, I'm going out on a limb and taking the bobcats by a score of 45-38. Good luck Bobcats!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:Breathitt has played much better football for the past six quarters. They played well in the second half of the Letcher Central game and played a complete game against Knott Central. If Breathitt can limit their turnovers, they have a chance to pull out the win, but if they start turning the ball over, they have no chance. Breathitt has some playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, but they haven't been consistent. Defensively, this game is a bad match up for the bobcats. Estill likes to run a lot, and we all know how the bobcats have fared against the run. Although, they looked better last week, Knott Central is a more pass oriented team and Breathitt has been decent against the pass this year. Hopefully, Coach Moore has some things figured out on defense and we continue to see improvements. I feel like the winner of this game will win the district. Although, I have been critical of the bobcats this year, I'm going out on a limb and taking the bobcats by a score of 45-38. Good luck Bobcats!!

Your pass defense was good not sure about the run kcc had 3 rush attempts for 83 yards your pass rush was also very good in this game
You can't judge Breathitt co. by the Knott co. Game. From what I seen their was a lot of Homecooking .Knott co could have very easily won this game if it had been played on a field other than Breathitt .Knott got terrible calls the first half . It's really sad to see kids done this way .No matter what school or who you are kids shouldn't be done that way. Estill by 20
patsfan01 Wrote:Your pass defense was good not sure about the run kcc had 3 rush attempts for 83 yards your pass rush was also very good in this game

If Knott ran the ball three times for 83 yards, why in the world didn't they run the ball more. Especially, if Breathitt was getting pressure on the Quarterback.
Hate it just about as bad as anyone that the Bobcats are in the slump they are..... Literally I hate it for the kids who have allllllll grown up watching their program on the rise and at the top. But when it's their turn they have to go thru this. Hope the Cats can win this week.. but don't think they will. Estill will most likely run all over them and control the game....
I don't know who to take in this game. I spent last 2 days with Holcomb and Niece over on River. Listen to those two talk about Estill and Breathitt and I still don't have a clue as to who will win this game. I think if Breathitt can stop the run and Estill can stop the pass we may have a scoreless game.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If Knott ran the ball three times for 83 yards, why in the world didn't they run the ball more. Especially, if Breathitt was getting pressure on the Quarterback.

Your guess is as good as mine Jacob's had 3 carries 83 yards and a TD
Estill is averaging 316 rush yards a game and allowing 156 rush yards a game. Actually Estill county only had 75 rush yards against Fleming County so in 5 games the Engineers have ran the ball for 1822 total yards averaging right at 365 rush yards a game. Estill had Breathitt beat last year in Jackson but two costly mistakes, holding Breathitt to 4th and 20+ yards and letting them get a first down on a 4th down attempt, on two different occasions. Estill lost their main running back but return 3 solid backs. If I'm not mistaken Breathitt lost 85-90% of their scoring when Collins graduated.
This game being streamed?
WIRVAM.COM

Breathitt got the ball to start the game and had their offense rolling but got called for a holding penalty that backed them up to almost mid-field so they had ended up having to punt. Estill has the ball 2&goal from the 8
Estill went for it on 4th and goal at the 8 but didn't get it. Breathitt took over at thier own 5
end 1Q

0-0. Breathitt ball. 3 & 6 from their 12
3&5 from the 5 and Breathitt up the middle for a TD.

XP - no good

2Q 9:01

Breathitt 6-0
2Q 1:31

Breathitt 14-6.

Breathitt ball 4&2
Estill up 20-14
3Q 2:30 and counting

Estill 20-14. Engineer about midfield
Facemask on Breathitt. Estill ball on Breathitt 30. Under a minute in 3Q
Barn burner Confusedinglepar
Pages: 1 2