Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 30 Harlan County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Coal Miner's Stadium
I did not expect this.

District 7 may sweep District 8 in the first round....
Better watch out for the Cougars next week ,do I dare say the Black bears are going to be the 3 or 4 seed!
Congrats to Jags
Whitley pretty darn good too,very competitive district this year !
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Better watch out for the Cougars next week ,do I dare say the Black bears are going to be the 3 or 4 seed!
Yep sounds about right. Just sad
I missed this one badly. North bounces back in a big way. Hard to figure out Harlan County.
I really thought HC would win this game.
North has struggled heavily this year.

It may just be that the whole district is so far down there isn't much disparity.
Letcher hasn't been anything special, Whitleys played a weak schedule and barely beat South tonight, HC seemed to be a good team with a tough schedule, and Perry will finish last and miss the playoffs. Just a bad year.
Got home and got the gun oiled up ready to go in the morning I just need to locate a good flock of crow. TD Jaguar and myself will be eating a little crow, anyone got any good recipes? The Jags came to play tonight I saw visions of what I had been expecting all along out of this team tonight. The difference in this game and the other games they lost, when they were behind, they didn't get down this time, they kept coming. Happy for the North Laurel Jaguar team and coaches, I really am really happy to go hunting!!

:worthy:
I guessed I was wrong about Harlan County, playing a tough schedule and you are playing the big boy teams may have been to much. I have know ideal now who going to win district this could be a 3 or 4 way tight districts......But hey go JAGS :Cheerlead
Haha no hope for the Jags and their district? I believe they'll make a statement. Never underestimate a North Laurel team!
I would have never thought the young Jags would have come into HC and won this game. Congrats young men.

As for HC I guess my comment a few weeks ago holds true, no matter how bad some hated it. As others have said, this district is down from top to bottom. I just figured the bears would have at least been at the top of it, but it's looking more like a 3rd or 4th. Hard times In HC right now.

Congrats Jags
I was running through the games last night and watching a game on TV, so forgot to congratulate the Jags on their win!!

Sorry for the delay, so good job North Laurel!!

Oh, and believe me, if anyone need recipes for crow.....well I gotta million of them!
When will Creechs coaching honeymoon be over? That bunch of seniors been starting for three years. About time for some wins aint in black bear nation?
I had HCHS at 1-5 in the preseason at this point, but they had their chances against KC and North.
They aren't starting many seniors. Most are juniors.
They'll make a comeback. it ain't time to hibernate yet.
HCS, most of those boys been starting 2-3 years. Id say he dont start winning soon, HC will be lookin for someone else. Black Bear Nation doesnt take losing lightly.
Shocked in the outcome in this one. This district is a lot worse then I thought. Hope bears can rebound and run the table
Wow...Never thought the Jags could get the win at the Bears Den...Congrats Jags huge win.
JerryGarcia Wrote:Shocked in the outcome in this one. This district is a lot worse then I thought. Hope bears can rebound and run the table

Sure you do.
Everyone in the district is better than last year, except North, and they were expected to drop off after losing quite a few seniors.
I totally agree. Run it up the gut made a similar comment. This district is better and more competitive. Those that don't have blinders on or know a little football can see that. We came out on the short end last night, but we are better.
If everyone is better except the team that just beat the bears by 10 then that doesn't say alot about the bears except to say things are going in the wrong direction huh...Although i do agree everyone everyone seems better except for the bears perhaps. Still early but to lose to a team that lost so much when you have a huge junior class isn't a confidence builder. Someone's seat should start getting a little warmer after this nightmare.
Wrong, what was the score last year.
On top of that a team trying to rebuild and plays Knox, Johnson Central , Belfry and Pulaski Co. May take a bit to get confidence back. We will see what happens. Those of us that have actually watched us play know.
Demarcus ware Wrote:If everyone is better except the team that just beat the bears by 10 then that doesn't say alot about the bears except to say things are going in the wrong direction huh...Although i do agree everyone everyone seems better except for the bears perhaps. Still early but to lose to a team that lost so much when you have a huge junior class isn't a confidence builder. Someone's seat should start getting a little warmer after this nightmare.

You didn't like the last coach either. Did someone turn you down for the job?
The way I remember, the new coach had to be someone who threw a lot. North threw one pass last night for negative one yard.
HCS Wrote:Sure you do.
Everyone in the district is better than last year, except North, and they were expected to drop off after losing quite a few seniors.

Everyone in the district except North is better,that's funny. The team that beat the Bears last night had just got hammered by Lincoln Co. Wouldn't even call Lincoln an average team. All these guys who wanted rid of Coach Larkey have gotten what they deserve. Just hate it for the kids though
Go back and read the part where I said "everyone except North."
HCS Wrote:You didn't like the last coach either. Did someone turn you down for the job?
The way I remember, the new coach had to be someone who threw a lot. North threw one pass last night for negative one yard.
Actually i did like Larkey, but i did think it was a time for a change, but i should have known better than to think Harlan County could actually go out and find a coach with experience, instead of letting politics ruin things even worse. What North did last night is irrelevant except the final score. Like you said everyone has improved except North yet North beat HC.
So, you thought they made a bad choice even then?
I think the team has improved quite a bit. They haven't been able to close out games against pretty good teams but have been much more competitive.
North is not as good as last year but still are the best team in the district
Pages: 1 2