Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Class 3A Rankings 9/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1 Belfry
2 Corbin
3 Bardstown
4 Lex Cath
5 Waggener
6 Boyle Co
7 Adair Co
8 Caldwell Co
9 Central
10 E-town

What's your thoughts?
Could we be giving this years Central way too much credit?
Who else do you put in?
mysonis55 Wrote:Could we be giving this years Central way too much credit?

It's this way mysonis55 this is 3A and Central should win 3A in the west...Central has play DuPont Manual,Corbin,CAL and St.X those are not bad losses I would think you would agree. Now if mayfield would have play them and beat them you would be bragging about how good central was. But because 0-4 i didn't want to punished the other teams out west. Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:Could we be giving this years Central way too much credit?

You can add Lexington Catholic to that list.
Here's the problem with giving Central or LexCath too much credit...

Who deserves the credit besides Belfry and Corbin?

Bardstown has a very nice win against Spencer County and a "so-so" win over a rebuilding Etown

Waggener has beat up on weak teams but got crushed by Knox Central

Boyle has had a couple blowout losses to good teams, but a couple decent wins over pretty average teams in Anderson County and Collins.

Adair is undefeated against noone

Caldwell has played some good teams close with losses to show, and their 2 wins are not impressive

Casey County is the same story as Adair so far.

Russell has a nice record but none of their wins look overly impressive

Garrard County has a couple decent wins but also a blowout loss to Rockcastle and a loss to a pretty generic Madison Southern

Moore, Western Hills, and Fleming have nice starts but no signature wins.

Just a lot of mediocrity outside of the Top 2 so far
I really don't think Central, Lex Cath or Boyle Co are gonna win the west. I think it's gonna be Caldwell Co unless PT can get it right.
mysonis55 Wrote:I really don't think Central, Lex Cath or Boyle Co are gonna win the west. I think it's gonna be Caldwell Co unless PT can get it right.

Brotha' it's time to just stop giving that lifeless body CPR HAHA

It ain't happening at Tilghman.... shut her down skipper she's suckin' mud!
I gotta keep hope. If there is one team in the immediate area other than us, that I want to be powerful, it's the Tornado. They deserve better. They are showing massive signs of improvement from when season first started. The test will be Caldwell. If they can climb that mountain, God knows what could happen.
mysonis55 Wrote:I really don't think Central, Lex Cath or Boyle Co are gonna win the west. I think it's gonna be Caldwell Co unless PT can get it right.

surely you wouldn't be biased. Caldwell ain't going nowhere and you know good and well Tilghman won't be there. You pump that mediocre team up annually.
I don't think you have come close to hearing me pump them up this year. I just wish they could do it. I think it will be Caldwell. But, if PT somehow gets past Caldwell, you have to consider them then.
adopted purple Wrote:You can add Lexington Catholic to that list.

You can also add Caldwell to that list as well.....
mysonis55 Wrote:I gotta keep hope. If there is one team in the immediate area other than us, that I want to be powerful, it's the Tornado. They deserve better. They are showing massive signs of improvement from when season first started. The test will be Caldwell. If they can climb that mountain, God knows what could happen.

What mountain? Caldwell? Gimme a break.
It doesn't matter nobody from the West in 3A can stop THE RED ARMY OF BELFRY... IMO no need for a poll
EKUAlum05 Wrote:[/U][/B]
Brotha' it's time to just stop giving that lifeless body CPR HAHA

It ain't happening at Tilghman.... shut her down skipper she's suckin' mud!

Attention mudsucker, Paducah Tilghman is 24th in ALL TIME NATIONAL WINS. So we are not shutting anything down.
The AP Poll

Class 3A
1. Belfry (19)
2. Corbin (1)
3. Bardstown
4. Adair County
5. Waggener
6. Boyle County
7. Russell
8. Casey County
t9. Fleming County
t9. Lexington Catholic

Receiving votes: Caldwell County, Garrard County, Central, Western Hills, Union County, Paducah Tilghman, Knott County Central, Elizabethtown, Moore, Thomas Nelson, West Carter
I hope PT does make it out of the west, Belfry owes them one from 1985. Lol
I don't think Tilghman is a bad team, but I think Caldwell County will take it Friday. Every team that has beaten Caldwell is highly ranked in a larger class, and Caldwell gave all 3 of them all they wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if Caldwell made the finals. Not saying they will. IMO the West of 3a is up for grabs with about 5 or 6 teams that can take it, none of them are ungodly strong, and I think the class 3a finals may be one of if not the biggest mismatches we've ever seen in the finals. The gap between belfry, and the next best team is huge, especially when you consider Corbin is on the same side of the bracket. Whoever wins the West side is going to pay heavily for a silver trophy.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I don't think Tilghman is a bad team, but I think Caldwell County will take it Friday. Every team that has beaten Caldwell is highly ranked in a larger class, and Caldwell gave all 3 of them all they wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if Caldwell made the finals. Not saying they will. IMO the West of 3a is up for grabs with about 5 or 6 teams that can take it, none of them are ungodly strong, and I think the class 3a finals may be one of if not the biggest mismatches we've ever seen in the finals. The gap between belfry, and the next best team is huge, especially when you consider Corbin is on the same side of the bracket. Whoever wins the West side is going to pay heavily for a silver trophy.

maybe they can just forfeit and get the trophy and go home.:igiveup:
Sounds good. Let Belfry play Trinity or Bowling Green
E's Army Wrote:Sounds good. Let Belfry play Trinity or Bowling Green

Yeah. let them.
Tilghman is doing its annual awful start. They should have two wins, but just have one thx to a disputed last second loss at home to Graves Co. (which is also not good.)

I have seen some offensive pulse develop but PT cannot consistently stop anybody. PT actually has some very capable receivers, but the QB rarely gets time in the pocket to set up.
That AP poll is whack!