Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson central @ Boyd county 9/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First district game
Johnson central 42
Boyd county 14 :welcome:
JC wins 42-7 and stays focused
Jc 56 bc 0
Uh oh :why:

Johnson Central 55
Boyd County 06
I'm going with Boyd cause nobody else will!!!!
JC by 36
Johnson Central - 48

Boyd County - 8
Central 48
Boyd 7
The 2nd of three straight road games for JC..... but most importantly, this is the first of five straight district games for JC this season. If we take care of business for the next five weeks. then we are home throughout the playoffs.

I see the upperclassmen making sure the rest of the team is focused.
#Sidenote

This will be JC's first game on real grass all season... scrimmages & games.
Does anybody else remember in the 2000 season, the article that Bill Tom Ross had published in the Daily-Independent? About how his starting RB or QB (can't remember) wouldn't be playing because of an injury against JC in the district championship game?

That was supposed to be mental warfare by BTR, because that kid did play..... but JC won that game 14-12.
An insane stat....

Starting in the 2006 season through 2015, JC has only lost 2 district games. Classes and teams have changed over the years.
2007 vs. Woodford County (22-43)
2011 vs. Ashland (6-22)

2015: 6-0 (1 Playoff game)
2014: 4-0
2013: 4-0
2012: 4-0
2011: 3-1
2010: 3-0
2009: 3-0
2008: 4-0
2007: 5-1 (2 Playoff games)
2006: 7-0 (2 Playoff games)

That's a record of 43-2 vs. District teams over ten seasons. I would argue that is one of the best (if not the best) district Win/Loss records in the state, in any class. That is a .955 winning percentage.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody else remember in the 2000 season, the article that Bill Tom Ross had published in the Daily-Independent? About how his starting RB or QB (can't remember) wouldn't be playing because of an injury against JC in the district championship game?

That was supposed to be mental warfare by BTR, because that kid did play..... but JC won that game 14-12.

I was at that game and it was a dandy!
JC leads the All-Time series 10-8

1971: Boyd County 44-6
1975: Boyd County 60-0
1981: Johnson Central 8-6
1982: Boyd County 20-0
1991: Boyd County 28-6
1992: Boyd County 27-26
1999: Boyd County 53-18
2000: Johnson Central 14-12
2001: Boyd County 45-0
2002: Boyd County 30-0
2005: Johnson Central 47-27
2006: Johnson Central 63-12
2006: Johnson Central 50-6 (Playoffs; 1st Round)
2011: Johnson Central 51-20
2012: Johnson Central 37-6
2013: Johnson Central 69-14
2014: Johnson Central 64-19
2015: Johnson Central 59-12
524-435 JC with the total points lead, for what it's worth
Several Boyd County fans believe they will win this game. As far as to even predict them to win. That being said
Johnson Central 62
Boyd County 8
checkmate9113 Wrote:Several Boyd County fans believe they will win this game. As far as to even predict them to win. That being said
Johnson Central 62
Boyd County 8

First game on grass... first district game... 2nd of 3 straight road games....

JC may get off to a slow start, but I don't think it's nothing JC can't get over.
Johnson Central by as many as they want. Sorry Boyd.
checkmate9113 Wrote:Several Boyd County fans believe they will win this game. As far as to even predict them to win. That being said
Johnson Central 62
Boyd County 8

I'll have to say you're wrong with that statement. I'm in the middle of everything Boyd County and I can tell you that while we'd love to pull off the upset, everyone here knows JC is much better and we are hoping to not suffer any more injuries and prepare for the 4-game district stretch that follows.
Wildcat1 Wrote:I'll have to say you're wrong with that statement. I'm in the middle of everything Boyd County and I can tell you that while we'd love to pull off the upset, everyone here knows JC is much better and we are hoping to not suffer any more injuries and prepare for the 4-game district stretch that follows.

The Greenup County vs. Boyd County game will be for 2nd in the District.

Mark it down.
Does Boyd county still walk down the stairs before the game starts
Yes Boyd still walks in three lines down the steps. It's pretty neat
An aerial view of Boyd County's football field.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=3406&d=1474477834]
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The Greenup County vs. Boyd County game will be for 2nd in the District.

Mark it down.

I think Boyd can beat Ashland, and I think we all know Greenup can pull that upset.
checkmate9113 Wrote:I think Boyd can beat Ashland, and I think we all know Greenup can pull that upset.

No offense to East Carter and Rowan County, but they won't beat Ashland.

But I'm gonna be the biggest Boyd County (Sept. 30th) and Greenup County (Oct. 14th) fan the weeks they play Ashland.

When was the last time Ashland was the 4th seed in their district?
When was the last time Ashland missed the playoffs?
Boyd co will not beat Ashland look what Russell did to them and Ashland beat Russell..as far as this game goes JC by as much as want to Boyd co as much as JC will allow .

JC 60
Boyd 6
Pulp Fiction Wrote:No offense to East Carter and Rowan County, but they won't beat Ashland.

But I'm gonna be the biggest Boyd County (Sept. 30th) and Greenup County (Oct. 14th) fan the weeks they play Ashland.

When was the last time Ashland was the 4th seed in their district?
When was the last time Ashland missed the playoffs?

Ashland missed the playoffs in 2007 and finished 2-8 that season.
I will also be a fan of Boyd and Greenup when they play Ashland. I can't wait till the week that Ashland plays JC. Makes a interesting week on this site about how bad Ashland will beat us!!!! This could be the worst beatings that Ashland has ever had if JC decides to hold down the fuel.
baller55 Wrote:I will also be a fan of Boyd and Greenup when they play Ashland. I can't wait till the week that Ashland plays JC. Makes a interesting week on this site about how bad Ashland will beat us!!!! This could be the worst beatings that Ashland has ever had if JC decides to hold down the fuel.

Won't happen... if Coach Hart was still there, maybe.

But Matney and Love are friends. I don't think Jim will hang 50 or 60+ (even though JC could) on Ashland as long as Tony is still coaching Ashland.
Hopefully both teams come away injury free. Jc is a machine
Pages: 1 2