Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's going on at Breathitt??
Showed signs of life last night. Still not good, but better than they have been playing.
Hard to imagine Breathitt has slid that much
E's Army Wrote:Hard to imagine Breathitt has slid that much
You can thank the state education management team for the destruction of the whole feeder program system. Why they decided that was the reason for the problems with the administration issues that brought them to take over the system I'll never understand. The hope, in my opinion, lays in the "Lumberjacks" when they get to high school. Kyle Moore is an excellent coach and person. He simply doesn't have enough talent. He has some very talented kids, just not enough yet to bring the program back from the situation that the state has put them in. Again this is just my opinion, but I've been around the program a long time.
I hope to see them back to their glory days.
enknight84 Wrote:You can thank the state education management team for the destruction of the whole feeder program system. Why they decided that was the reason for the problems with the administration issues that brought them to take over the system I'll never understand. The hope, in my opinion, lays in the "Lumberjacks" when they get to high school. Kyle Moore is an excellent coach and person. He simply doesn't have enough talent. He has some very talented kids, just not enough yet to bring the program back from the situation that the state has put them in. Again this is just my opinion, but I've been around the program a long time.
Kyle is a good guy, and he is only as good as the people he chooses to help him as far as coaching. As far as the state is concerned, they do.not tackle, block, or are in any way in the minds of the kids on Friday nights or any other night.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Kyle is a good guy, and he is only as good as the people he chooses to help him as far as coaching. As far as the state is concerned, they do.not tackle, block, or are in any way in the minds of the kids on Friday nights or any other night.
It is true that the state doesn't keep them from tackling or blocking. However, it does hurt you when the young players haven't played enough coaching at the young level due to the years that there was no feeder program to speak of. It will get better when the kids that have been coached a young level how the block and tackle before they reach middle school or at the high school. It's hard to be successful on a varsity level when you're teaching blocking and tackling from scratch at the high school. There is so little margin for error at the varsity level.
enknight84 Wrote:It is true that the state doesn't keep them from tackling or blocking. However, it does hurt you when the young players haven't played enough coaching at the young level due to the years that there was no feeder program to speak of. It will get better when the kids that have been coached a young level how the block and tackle before they reach middle school or at the high school. It's hard to be successful on a varsity level when you're teaching blocking and tackling from scratch at the high school. There is so little margin for error at the varsity level.
I agree to a point, but there are things going on as far as in game execution and behavior that has nothing to do with the state takeover of the school system. Discipline emotionally and football discipline is lacking. Just look at the many personal foul penalties and turnovers. Ugh is all I can say about the current situation at Breathitt, but I will continue to support the program. GO BOBCATS! NO EXCUSES!