Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 42 Graves County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TEAM STATISTICS
Mayfield -
First downs: 17.
Rushing attempts-yards: 32-100.
Passing yards: 21-350.
Total yards: 450.
Penalties-yards: 1-10.
Fumbles-lost: 3-2.

Graves -
First downs: 16.
Rushing attempts-yards: 39-143.
Passing yards: 9-102.
Total yards: 245.
Penalties-yards: 6-40.
Fumbles-lost: 3-1.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing: Mayfield-Shauntrez Tyler: 18-65. Graves-Brennen Culp: 13-58; Chase Whitis: 15-53.
Passing: Mayfield-Landon Arnett: 21-32-350. 5 TDs. Graves-Ryan Mathis: 9-29-102. 1 Int.
Receiving: Mayfield-Jordan Harrison: 2-143; Anton Lumson: 10-106; Jack Murrell: 7-83.
Graves-Jake Mills: 1-33; Trevor Grant: 3-21.

Records: Mayfield (5-0); Graves County (3-2).
16 first downs for Graves, I take it they did move the ball some?
Let's just stick a fork Graves Counry. They're done.
Actually, I thought Graves looked like they have some options this year. The defense needs some work but, the offense and special teams appear to be pretty good. Let's remember, they got down quick to Hoptown but rallied to play a decent second half in that game. Hoptown barely lost to Christian Co. I could see GC pushing CC for the district.
no way Graves secondary keeps us with Christian wrs. I'll take CC by 21 when they play.
I think it will be a shootout. CC has to be able to stop GC's offense as well. If GC doesn't have a bunch of turnovers, I think they will make it a good game.
I just hope marshall county will give owensboro, Christian co, and graves co, all a descent game. Might be dreaming alittle, but think they have improved a little compared to the last 8 years.
Surprised Mayfield struggled running
E's Army Wrote:Surprised Mayfield struggled running

If you had seen the mccracken game you wouldn't be. That offense is lethal when bright is in. Shauntrez tyler will be fine, and I think mayfield will be in good hands with him running it especially next year, but even though bright is small he leaves awful big shoes to fill. I wasn't present, but from the sound of it on the radio seemed like tyler was starting to get in the groove late in the graves game.
Hopefully Bright will be 100% soon and ready to go
I think he is 100%. They just don't want to take any chances until he is truly needed. Give him a rest and keep him healthy for the playoffs. We have a tough team this week that is nondistrict. We have 3 district games that quiet frankly don't look that hard. Then we finish with another tough nondistrict team. We could rest him until the playoffs and be okay. It's possible, not likely, that we could get beat in that time but, all that matters is winning the district and being ready for the push to BG.